Very pleased with Sears

friholic

I really enjoyed shopping at Sears today. I wasn't there at opening, but around 9am. Very helpful employees greating at the door, directing people as to where items where. Good selection of items, great deals on coats.

$10 off $50 or more worked great. There were lines at checkout but moved every quickly, one person ringing, another bagging. We moved very quickly and on to other stores.

Great online deals also. In MHO they stepped up their game. Now, if they can only give lesson to Kmart. LOL!

I was there before 5AM and I waited on a long line in electronics..... there were 4 long lines there....... When I got up to a cashier the Nikon D40 camera was sold out/out of stock BUT they said they'd order one for me at the Black Friday price or $449! I think that was pretty awesome :yup:

Now lets see if it shows by 12/25

I was NOT happy with Sears. I was there at 5 am and scoured the lingerie dept. looking for the advertise, door-buster flannel nightgowns (no PJs, thanks). I asked one clerk, who didn't know. Her boss, a guy, said "Oh, those never came in." Clerks #2 and #3 said they would help me order online, but everything that wasn't size S was sold out by 5:10 am.

Since it was door-buster they refused me a raincheck.

The way I see it, they got me there under false pretenses and should do something to make it right. Did anyone in another location than Coral Ridge Mall succeed in buying the 12.99 nightgown?

Does anyone agree that Sears let me down?

I am very pleased with Sears as well. We arrived at our Sears around 4:45 am and they were already open. If I hadn't of already bought my HD LCD tv at the Friends & Family sale then I might of been a lil mad depending on how fast the tvs went. I didn't even checked to see if they were sold out of the 40" Sony that I had already bought. I was now interested in the Toshiba HD DVD player for $170. I didn't even see the model displayed w/the other DVD players so I asked a sales guy. He looked around a lil and said they were out and that was it. So I didn't give up and asked another sales guy and he looked around more than the first guy and then he told me he could order it for me at that price. :yay: So I was very happy and it should be in on the 27th for pickup.

Then I took my receipt for my tv that I bought at the F&F sale and got the price adjustment w/no problems on the door buster 40" Sony. :g_dance: I ended up paying only $837. for a $2000. tv. Sears is awesome!!

Yep, I too am very happy with sears. I made out well on BF and the friends and family. I make out well with them all year round. I have also been there on BF when something I was looking for has sold out and they ordered it for me at the BF price. I don't know of any other stores that do that, except maybe Penny's.

I am with you BF in Iowa, I was extreamly disapointed in sears, we were 10th in line and they had no comfortors or chou chou baby's (they only had one of these!), I will never wait for sears again. I am glad that our Goody's decited to open at 4 and I went there first or else I would be really disapointed. They did offer to order the dolls for me, but I was too disgusted at that point and I had other stores to visit.

We got to sears around 5:30. I was looking for the under cabinet cd radio. I really wanted one for the kitchen. So, I am looking around and can't find it. I asked an employee and he said he had never seen those. He looked them up in the computer and it said they had 11 of them. He asked another employee and he said that is what another guy was looking for and they sent someone to the back to look. So the employee I asked went back there and he came back and said they still couldn't find them but there was a girl back there still searching. He said they have never carried those. Finally, about 20 minutes later, the girl came up with about 6 of them. It wasn't the same one in the ad, same brand, but a different style, which was ok with me as long as it played cd's and had a radio. It didn't seem to me like they knew what was on sale and what they had in stock. I heard one employee say that he didn't think it was worth going to look for those radios. It made me mad, but I still got my radio.

Well I wasn't a happy camper with Sears.... When I walked in the store I asked where do I go for the Nintendo DS? A manager said stand in this line and when you get to the checkout tell him you need to order it...(they obviously don't normally carry this type of electronics) so I stand in the line for about 45 min just to be told that he couldn't order it for me...??????

So I went back to the manager that told me what to do and he tried to get me online at one of their computers but it was like being on dialup.... so we left and went to Target... stood in the ripping wind and stood for another 45 min- 1 hr just to get 1 of the 4 they had left.... I will leave Sears out of it next year since they can't get their "stuff" together....

I was soo pleased with Sears untiltoday at 7:53pm they sent me an e-mail that stated they canceled my BF order.:mad: If I had known that I would have bought it all at the BM store. Instead I only got the things that weren't listed on line. Boy am I mad right now. I missed a sale--GRRRRR.:mad:

Got emails today indicating that my order from Black Friday was canceled due to errors in the website on Black Friday.

They will not reinstate my order, pricing is long gone, and no substitutions will be made.

Has anyone else had this happen? I am beyond irate. I did a great deal of Christmas shopping at Sears.com since I could aviod the malls. Now I am screwed.

Anyone had the same experience or have suggestions?

:mad::(:mad::mad::mad:

I am disappointed with Sears. Their price match is a ****ing scam.

Best Buy has the Samsung 40" 1080p for $1299.99 so i went to Sears and ask the employee there if they would price match it. He says if Best Buy has in it stock they will, he checks BB's website and realizes that they do, he tells me he will go to the back for a sec and after 10 min he tells me the manager doesn't want to drop the price. :mad: I ask why and he gives me no good answer. I ask to talk to the manager, he gets on the phone calls her and 20 min later I'm still waiting. I ask him how long do i have to wait and he tells me that she probably left cause when he went to talk to her, she was ready to leave. :confused:

Then he tells me to comeback tomorrow and talk to another manager and see if he will honor their price match policy. :confused: So basically their price match policy depends on how the manager feels :rolleyes:

I actually did okay this year. All I wanted was the 104 piece tool set with the $10 FAR wrench set. I got there at about 4:50 and had planned to line up near the door closest to the stairs but there were signs on all the doors directing people to the merchandise pick up entrance. I went around back and got in line maybe 75 people back. Doors open at 5, everyone filed in without chaos, most people headed to electronics, I went downstairs. There were lines of ee's asking if we needed help finding anything. We found my tool set, searched for the wrench set and I was first on line. One cashier tried to ring me up but the register didn't work, sent me to another but it didn't work either. Registers were offline so it took about 15 minutes to checkout. By the time I was done, all the tool sets were gone and it was chaos down there. I'm satisfied since I still made it to Target in time.

Sears Repair Service.... now that's another story and once my sxs fridge is fixed someone will be getting an ear full.