Was at CC again this year...

Diesel0312

just like last year, except instead of being 3rd and 4th, my gf and I were 1st and 2nd this year. It rained and snowed lightly at the first of the night, but quit very soon. As usual it was cold, but that was expected.

The good thing was they came out just before they handed out the vouchers and roped off the front of the store to keep those who bumrush from getting in without going through the line. A church group came by and handed out coffee and donuts and chick-fil-a handed out chicken biscuits. So far things were going great, they got even better when they had a guy stationed at the door and only allowed a few people in at a time and kept the total number to a reasonable limit. I was able to walk in, had an employee walk me back to the GPS units, paid for them right there and was done with that purchase within about 3 minutes from walking in the door. Went to help my gf find some movies, found most of what she was looking for, so she went to pay and I got in the computer line.

The computer line included all laptops and desktops. Near the end it split into two lines, one accepting only debit and credit cards and the other accepting anything. Getting to this point the line moved rather quickly. Probably made it through half the length of the line in about 10 minutes, so things were looking great, I was going to get basically everything I came for and be out by 5:30. However, once the line split, it basically stopped. There was probably 10 people in each line, with each one oving about the same speed. It was in this section of the line I stood for 3 hours. Let me repeat that, with only 10 people in front of me, it still took me 3 hours to get to the register. If they didn't split the line into 2 registers it would have taken about 6 hours to check out 20 people, totally unbelievable. I thought standing in the TV line for an hour last year was bad, but it was a cakewalk compared to this Bataan Death March.

People were getting very upset, one woman was yelling at other customers in the area and at the employees. It was not pleasant.

They had the cashier explaining all the options on the purchase and all the other items, which of course took forever. I can't understand why they didn't have a couple of employees go through all that with people before they got to the register, so that they could get the line moving, but they didn't.

To top things off, one of the employees started telling a manager about a woman complaining about the effeciency of the operation, while she was still standing right there. They seemed to thing waiting in a short line for 3 hours was reasonable.

The whole thing went so great up until this point, it basically ruined the whole experience. I was thrilled with how everything else was handled and I'm happy with my purchases, but this basically trumps all that.

They just dropped the ball big time on it. I never did see my gf again, until I got to the car. I thought she must have been stuck in line somewhere, but she said she was back in the car at 5:15, but couldn't get back in, since she had to get back in the line outside and it was at a crawl since they couldn't get people out.

Oh well, I think I'm done with CC on BF now. They didn't improve how they handled voucher purchases since last year, in fact they got worse. They weren't even close to getting everyone with a voucher out by 8am, which is when the voucher is supposed to become void, despite opening at 5am. Just very poor management.

I experienced the same thing. I was standing in a line at best buy this morning and I swear it never stopped moving, way more customers but the employees were fast. After that I went to CC and I was at one of the registers with ony 20 people in front of me. I thought awesome, I will be out of here in no time as almost everyone in front of me is buying DVDS. Well an hour in a half later I was checked out! Many others in line said they are done going to CC and so am I. Also people were just setting there stuff on the nearest shelf and leaving. I dont care if the stuff is free next year, no thank you. I had great experiences at K-mart, Target and Best Buy.

I feel you on the line waiting dude. All though I would rather have had to deal with a 3 hour line wait than having 11 people line jump infront of me when we were there for like 3 hours longer than they were. The worst part was there were to teenage girls behind us that were waiting there for one of the laptops for their mom (the only item they needed) and all the guys that jumped in took all of them. I wanted to beat them down so bad but with a cop roaming I wasn't taking a chance.

Anyone have an address and/or phone number for filing complaints?

I sent my complaint to the Circuit City CEO. If all of us let him know what kind of problems we've been having, maybe he'll get a clue:

Mr. Philip J Schoonover

CEO, Circuit City

9950 MAYLAND DRIVE

RICHMOND, VA 23233

PS: Don't bother with their toll-free number. It's a total waste of time.

Just to let you all know the 1-800 # is only a cool down line to let you complain and vent...nothing you tell them is ever passed on....its what we a ccity call Cool line...its what we are told to give to the customers that wanna complain..yea i work for ccity