How Did Your Price Adjustment Go?

mysticmage

How did it go while getting your adjustment?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. How did it go while getting your adjustment?

• Good, everything went fine!
    • Bad, there were a few things going wrong.

I'm very glad everyone got the adjustment who had posted after my last post. However, I had found this reply which made me think for a bit...

Just want to throw out this suggestion. I'm getting ready to email Target about my good experience, how much I appreciate being able to PA, and how that policy led to them getting the largest chunk of my BF shopping. If we want this policy to continue, I think corporate needs to know how we feel. People usually only contact corporate to complain. I think we need to get as many people as possible to make sure Target knows this PA policy gives them an advantage over other stores.

I don't believe it would be good for them to receive 20,000 emails regarding how many people had just used their price adjustment policy and 'cheated'. This may in fact make them believe that Black Friday needs to be changed as it is not really fair to the people who wait in the cold not to get the items.

My PA tonight at 8pm was smooth as silk. We took a stroll around and still couldn't find the digital picture ornaments, but we picked up some TV box sets on DVD & a couple of rainchecks. I am very impressed with the restocking and the customer service at Target. They will definitely get some of my BF money each year.

Once you get an adjustment they staple a receipt on your receipt stating the adjustment was done. If your receipt has no holes in it, then how could you have got your adjustment? Try talking about that to the manager. Moreover, if you are really mad about this, call the district manager.

Everyone else, I'm glad you got the adjustment.

DH and I went back in Target today. He asked to speak to the manager. After finally trying to get 3 people to understand what we were talking about and all 3 telling us the the movie had already had the price adjustment done, another girl comes up. After listening to our story once, she asked if we bought the deluxe addition, the 24.99. We said no and she said that the deluxe addition was the one on sale. She said we could return the other one for 19.99 and still get the deluxe for 5.98. :D Now I just wonder how much trouble I will have trying to return the one for 19.99. :eyepoppin

I'm very glad everyone got the adjustment who had posted after my last post. However, I had found this reply which made me think for a bit...

I don't believe it would be good for them to receive 20,000 emails regarding how many people had just used their price adjustment policy and 'cheated'. This may in fact make them believe that Black Friday needs to be changed as it is not really fair to the people who wait in the cold not to get the items.

You don't think all the emails BEFORE Black Friday verifying you could do this already gave them a heads up? THe way I read my email, Target knows people will do this and it's a "service" they specifically offer to differ from the competition. I think letting them know that having that advantage ultimately leads to more sales is nothing but positive.

Oh, I had problems...I told the girl (teenager, could be the same one who told me two days earlier that they wouldn't be doing the adjustments for the 2-day sale), and she came right out and said they "couldn't" do any pa's for the 2-day sale, and I told her, "Well, that's not what corporate says." And she then asked if I called the 1-800 number, and I told her yes, which I hadn't yet, but I had already sent an e-mail, and when I got home that morning, the e-mail saying that the pa included the 2-day sale was already in my inbox. So she called a manager over, who got pissy, and she said, "Just do it. Everything else, out the door!", which was my indication that they didn't intend to do it again...and this girl continued to be pissy while doing it, and even when I thanked her, I got no response, so I think I'll be e-mailing corporate again, to let them know how rude this girl was...it's their CORPORATE policy, and really leaves no room for negotiation, so just shut up and do it...:mad: Like another poster said, the $$ wasn't coming out of HER pocket...

My PA went very very smooth. OK she had a small issue but nothing that stopped me from having my Hannah Montana 3 Packs PA. She scanned the receipt and it adjusted both at the same time she kept trying to key in the second one and then after 5 minutes realized that it already adjusted the second one automatically. In her defense it was early in the morning and the person in front of me spent 15 minutes yelling at her daughter while waiting her turn.

While I'm very glad most of you were able to get the adjustment, I'm sorry for those who were not.

Horrible, left the store and an never going back to a target unless I am sure they are going to lose $$$$ on the deal.

Could you state a little more detail about what went wrong? I'm making this thread so I can point out some flaws regarding Target's policy and ways to get around them so my FAQ thread next year can be better and for people to express their feelings regarding Target.

DH and I went back in Target today. He asked to speak to the manager. After finally trying to get 3 people to understand what we were talking about and all 3 telling us the the movie had already had the price adjustment done, another girl comes up. After listening to our story once, she asked if we bought the deluxe addition, the 24.99. We said no and she said that the deluxe addition was the one on sale. She said we could return the other one for 19.99 and still get the deluxe for 5.98. :D Now I just wonder how much trouble I will have trying to return the one for 19.99. :eyepoppin

I hope you will be able to return the $19.99 one with no issues:eyepoppin

You don't think all the emails BEFORE Black Friday verifying you could do this already gave them a heads up? THe way I read my email, Target knows people will do this and it's a "service" they specifically offer to differ from the competition. I think letting them know that having that advantage ultimately leads to more sales is nothing but positive.

It can be inferred either way however I do understand you a bit more now. And I'm sure that would allow Target to know how many people were happy with their service and may lead them to believe it would be best if they kept it.

Oh, I had problems...I told the girl (teenager, could be the same one who told me two days earlier that they wouldn't be doing the adjustments for the 2-day sale), and she came right out and said they "couldn't" do any pa's for the 2-day sale, and I told her, "Well, that's not what corporate says." And she then asked if I called the 1-800 number, and I told her yes, which I hadn't yet, but I had already sent an e-mail, and when I got home that morning, the e-mail saying that the pa included the 2-day sale was already in my inbox. So she called a manager over, who got pissy, and she said, "Just do it. Everything else, out the door!", which was my indication that they didn't intend to do it again...and this girl continued to be pissy while doing it, and even when I thanked her, I got no response, so I think I'll be e-mailing corporate again, to let them know how rude this girl was...it's their CORPORATE policy, and really leaves no room for negotiation, so just shut up and do it...:mad: Like another poster said, the $$ wasn't coming out of HER pocket...

I'm glad you were able to get your adjustment, reminds me of some issues I've had with Wal Mart in the past:yuck:

I didnt do a price adjustment on anything for BF,but did one today. 10/31 I bought the X-Rocker for my son (99.99). Today in the ad I saw they were $64. I called Target and explained I knew I was over the 14 day adjustment period, but could if I came in, could I return and rebuy. The girl said as long as I bring the merchandise back, I could get the rocker at the $64 sale price. Apparently, a supervisor was listening as she got on the phone. I explained about my back problem (ruptured disk in the lower S1 lumbar region) and that I could bring it in, but someone had to unload the rocker as it was too big for me. She told me to don't worry about bringing it in, just the receipt. So I went in 1/2 hour later w/ receipt, service desk adjusted immediately. Got back $38.15 in cash back. Nice :)

Went in Friday afternoon and expected to be waiting at the service counter sicne the parking lot was so busy and figured somebody had to be in the line i wanted. But nope, 1 person was being helped and the other gal called me right up. Was in and out in a minute or so!!

No major problems here either. About 5 min. at the customer service desk and I was done. They seemed quite happy to do the PA. I even had a tick mark next to the items that needed the PA. Only one minor issue - I had bought the stretchy gloves on a separate receipt and the PA was only 52 cents. The register apparently didn't really know what to do. So they did a return and rebuy. lol - hey 52 cents is still money :)

I had no problem at all with my price adjustment at all. I did ask when I got my items, and also got the name of the guy who helped me with that question. When I went back I told the nice girl at the desk that he had told me it was ok to do the PA's. She didn't bat an eyelash, just did the adjustment with a smile. She also moved the items from my debit to my credit card (I was declined when I went to buy my items, fraud alert was raised because I don't use it very much.) and I saved over $500 with the PA's!

What is the most suprising is that this store is less than two months old!

WAY TO GO RIVERDALE TARGET! YOU ALL ROCK!:yup:

Overall, I had no trouble with my price adjustment. I'd rate the overall experience a 95/100. LOL. I was not shopping at my local Target, so I felt a little out of sorts with one of the adjustments. I bought the Night at the Museum DVD on Wednesday for $19.98 and used a $5 off coupon from the toy book, bringing the cost down to $14.98. On Friday, the DVD was on sale for $9.98 but the customer service rep would only adjust it back to $14.98, and then the coupon took off the $5, so the price I paid was $9.98.

It shouldn't matter that I used a coupon to pay for the DVD. The adjusted price should have been $9.98. That's what the ad said. It should make no difference that "my" cost was $4.98, right?

Overall, I had no trouble with my price adjustment. I'd rate the overall experience a 95/100. LOL. I was not shopping at my local Target, so I felt a little out of sorts with one of the adjustments. I bought the Night at the Museum DVD on Wednesday for $19.98 and used a $5 off coupon from the toy book, bringing the cost down to $14.98. On Friday, the DVD was on sale for $9.98 but the customer service rep would only adjust it back to $14.98, and then the coupon took off the $5, so the price I paid was $9.98.

It shouldn't matter that I used a coupon to pay for the DVD. The adjusted price should have been $9.98. That's what the ad said. It should make no difference that "my" cost was $4.98, right?

I would have fought that. he should have adjusted it at the orginal price and then applied the coupon....so from 19.98 to the sale price of 9.98 and then apply the coupon to total 4.98

I would have fought that. he should have adjusted it at the orginal price and then applied the coupon....so from 19.98 to the sale price of 9.98 and then apply the coupon to total 4.98

I politely, yet firmly, pointed out that whether or not I use a coupon had no bearing on the price of the item. According the CSR (who was new to the service desk), the system would not let her adjust the price any lower. :rolleyes:

The coupon expired on Nov 21st. Some Targets do not take expired coupons. If you had been returning the dvd, you would have only gotten $14.98 back. The cashier was correct about the system not allowing it to be adjusted to full price.

I politely, yet firmly, pointed out that whether or not I use a coupon had no bearing on the price of the item. According the CSR (who was new to the service desk), the system would not let her adjust the price any lower. :rolleyes:

The same thing happened to me with the Electronic Banking Monopoly. I bought it on Wednesday with the $5 off coupon, making it $29.xx, and they did the pa from $24.xx down to the $20, but with all of the grief I was given over my pa for all of my items, I wasn't going to push it, as I had no evidence in hand at that time about the corporate policy...however, since I got it, I've had half a mind to print it out and hand it to that snot that I dealt with at guest services!

I bought my items on Tuesday, and went back on Saturday night. I got my price adjustments without question. Maybe it also helped that I had about 10 other things on the receipt - it didn't look like I was specifically going for only BF items.

In my case, it made no difference...she hadn't even LOOKED at the receipt, just a flat-out NO...when she was told to do it, only then did she look at it, and I had several other things on it as well...

i wound up getting like a $400 credit back on my debit card and then i asked if id be able to add the $10 off $100 coupon they mailed me and they did it on a separate receipt and gave me back $10 cash. It was funny because when i walked up to the register i handed them my receipt and said that i needed to price adjust it and the woman asked me which item. my answer was all of them. a few minutes later happy receipts with negative amount came out for me! :)

I am upset that I couldn't get the PM now.

My mother works at the Super Target here. I called her & asked her to get the PSP bundle they had for BF and I would take the receipt on BF & get a PM. She told me the employees were told that nothing could be held prior to BF and absolutely no PM on BF items.

She got there at 7am BF and guess what? Yep all the PSP's were sold out already. :(

No rainchecks either.