MIA - Today's newspaper!!!

samisma

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!! For whatever reason, my whole side of the street didn't get their newspapers.

How bad am I that I drove around looking for the homes that are foreclosed/empty in the neighborhood in hopes that there'd be a paper in their driveways?

And of course, I went to all the local stores to see if they had a paper - and they're sold out. I get the newspaper just for the ads and coupons. More importantly mainly for black friday sales

I just wanted to have the BRU ad in hand, I didn't think I was asking too much!

:cry2:

i don't know the person's #. I did call the newspaper office/customer service and all it tells me is that there are no business hours today.

:(

oi. BRU is really the main stop for me today. I wonder if the store will have the ad tomorrow. I have my list already... but still. ;)

Our paper was missing Kmart, Walmart, Best Buy, Menard's and Walgreens! And by 11 am, almost all the stores in a 5 mile area were sold out.

Gave me a good excuse for ripping on the local paper, sent them an email, telling them, AGAIN, why I don't subscribe. I only want the paper for the ads, and when most of the time they are missing a few, why bother? I'm still so mad about it, I want to write to the stores that were left out and tell them how their advertising dollars are being (mis)spent! Grrr!

A lot of stores have their flyers available online now. You don't even need to buy a paper.

This is true, but BRU's ad was not. Only TRUs ads were, I think because not all BRU's were participating in BF.

I gave the newspaper an earful, especially since it'll be time to renew soon. Threatened to cancel and we're getting a reduced rate now for the first few months. :yup: