*** Official Black Friday 2007 (Desktops/Laptops) Comparison Charts ***

stationchief

Thought I'd pop this out there for all to see. ;) I've been meaning to get this out and completed sooner but things have been soo hectic lately. I think I may have just barely finished 'em in time before everyone got in their 24-hour long lines. Sorry it took soo long, folks. So without further ado ... StationChief, and with special thanks to Brad, proudly presents ...

The Gottadeal Black Friday 2007 Technology Comparison Charts!

For those who don't know, the last few years I've been developing comparison charts for the BF desktops and laptops for the community here at GD. Usually it's been just a table or a document with each item offered along with it's specific details, usually from the official site of the manufacturer, so folks can compare the different specs and decide what they want.

This year's a bit different, as you can see. Instead of just a chart to print out, we've got a fully customizable table you can use to select what chart 'ya want and customize it the way you want to see everything. I did it this way for several reasons. One being that I'm getting back into programming and this was a great way to bring myself back up to speed. The more important reason being that I wanna give things back to this great community here at GD. Plus having something published here on GD helps my resume out as well. :D

Here are the instructions:

Just select what chart you want to see using the drop-down menu. It defaults to Desktops, however there's also Laptops (to be completed tonite and put up tomorrow morning). That'll bring up the chart with all the glorious details. Now comes the fun part. The table is fully customizable. You can click on a header (like the price or store) and it will sort the table in ascending order. Click on the same header again to sort the other way, descending. Also, you can click anywhere on a specific row/item listing to sort it to the top of the list.

For example, bring up the Desktop chart. Now click on Processors to sort the items in ascending order, from the slowest to the fastest PCs. Click it again to sort descending so the faster ones are on top. Let's say you wanna sort all the Best Buy desktops together from fastest to slowest processors now. Click on Store and now all the desktops are sorted together by fastest processors to slowest grouped by the store offering them. Now let's say you wanna see a specific Walmart desktop on top of the list along side a Best Buy one. Click on the row those items are listed and they sort to the top of the list. To print your table you can just print it from the web page, or it'd be easier to hioghlight the table or the section you want then copy/paste it into a text editor like Word or a sreadsheet like Excel. Hope it's not too confusing. Also if you just put your mouse over the table it'll give brief instructions on how to use it.

Hope this helps in folks' decision making. And I really hope I'm not too late getting this out for folks waiting in line thursday nite or earlier. Desktops are up and ready and the laptops will be up by tomorrow morning.

Lastly, this web page ad the database it uses is intended to be for more than just the desktops/laptops however my time restraints keep me from doing the research for other items like the computer peripferals ( monitors, memory, etc.), HDTVs, cameras, camcorders, MP3 players, and other major items. If anyone has the time to quickly research and gather specific details about a certain category please PM me and let's get 'em into the chart and out to everyone.

Enjoy, folks! And happy BF shopping!

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you the best part ... as I do with most of my internet-based coding, it's cross-browser compatable! IE tolerates it, works like a charm in Mozilla Firefox, and I believe it's friendly with Netscape Navigator as well. Don't have NN so I wasn't able to test it.

WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I can't even imagine how much time this could have taken especially since you have said you've been real busy and still took the time to do this. I can't even take the time to do something like this for myself, just the research alone and then you went through the trouble of posting it into an easy chart for everyone else too. I just had to express my thanks and let you know that all the time you have gone through to do this is very appreciated. I can't wait to see the laptop page! This will help so many people. I'm really not trying to sound cheesy but this is what I thought when I saw what you have done and made it so easy for us and I wanted to let you know.

Now remember all that there are bundles included w/ the CC laptops and desktops (i.e. free norton and router for your desktops)

Technically, yes. However, that's after their MIRs and that's with pretty much any desktop or laptop from CC. I kinda hoped everyone could remember that so I wouldn't haev to put it in every CC listing. ;)

Just to be an utter pest, you know they have the same type of thing for the desktop too at CC, right?

Boy. Just can't satisfy some people. :P

Didn't see it being offered for the desktops, just the laptops. It says '... with purchase of any laptop.' Is there an offer for the desktops, too?

Yup...same software and router, no printer.

You know you love me.

p 32 of 36 on scans...above that awesome drool creating machine that most people wont use half of.

Ah. Found it. They hid that sucker. :o And that ain't even close to making me drool until it gets a high-end Core2Duo processor, a Raptor hard drive for the primary OS, and maybe a much better graphics card other than that integrated one.

Updated and done.

Agree with all the above except the core2duo, this is so much better ( I can drop a Phenom or a Bulldozer Quad core in it in 2008, 2009 and even begin of 2010), and I cant find anything better in these ads.

What Teir 1 maker uses Raptors anyway? Besides, no one is yet putting 8800GT's in anyway, and that is what I want in SLI, so it is best to get it without a card in it yet anyway.