I am so aggrevated with Target

Sorry this is long but I need to vent....

On Sunday I go and make a purchase at Target which included a Shrek the Third dvd.

Sign said $14.99.

I leave the store and didn't realize they charged me $19.99 for it.

So I go back for my $5 credit.

The ditz at the customer service counter says it is coming up $19.99 in the system. I said I didn't care about that, the sign is right there at the checkout and it says $14.99.

She said she would have to void my first transaction and then re-ring it with the correct price. She said that is their policy.

So she voids out my first ATM purchase which was $98.xx [this included $30 cash back]

She re-scans the first receipt and then charges me the correct price for the dvd.

I was in a big rush so I leave the store.

When I look at my second receipt it only shows a charge of $63.xx.

Now if she credited me $98.xx for the first transaction, isn't she shorting Target $30 by only charging me $63.xx the second time?

So I checked my bank statement this morning. There are 2 charges on my account. One for the $98 and one for $63. I am so mad. :mad:

I go to Target this morning and the customer service supervisor tries to tell me the person who did this transaction did the right thing. I said "it isn't right to charge customers twice...she should have just given me the $5. And also, if she did the right thing, then why is she shorting Target $30?"

He calls over the manager who kept apologizing to me. He said that the $98 will show up as a credit on my bank account. He said it might take a couple of days. I said "but aren't you still shorting yourself $30?" He said he didn't care about that but just cared that I got my money back. I told him this incident was ridiculous. She should just have credited me back the $5 for the stupid dvd. He agreed and said he needs to address training customer service employees.

I am so mad that my money is now tied up until that credit goes through. All over a stinking $5!

Yes, it will resolve itself when the credit is processed. Had a similar situation the other day at Long John Silver's when I charged our takeout order and the cashier didn't enter a $2 off coupon. She was going to void everything and start all over which is when I asked her to just give me $2 cash and do all the re-keying later. She asked the manager who agreed with me.

It's good to remember we're entering the time of year when many of the people working retail are part-time and temp employees. For the most part they are not going to know how to handle many customer service situations. I make an extra effort to watch closely when things are being rung up and try to catch any errors right there. What you have in your favor is that if you are holding up the checkout line, a manager will come over at once and fix things so the people behind you don't go ballistic. If you have to go to customer service after the fact, it's hit or miss, and the manager is far less likely to hurry over to take care of a problem.

I have no idea why this thread was moved here.

It has nothing to do with a deal.:confused:

Not that admins or mods have to explain why things are moved, but this forum is not for posting deals. It is for discussing all other aspects of shopping. Look around - there are many other threads dealing with store complaints in this forum.

I purchased some specialty items from a Whole Foods type store in San Francisco. Because of the specialty items I had to take a slip to a special managers register to pick up the items and pay for them.

The store gives a discount if you purchase a certain amount but when she rang up all the items it was wrong - I do that totaling in my head thing as I shop too... So I asked for a pencil and paper and wrote out long hand her mistake.

The mistake was against the store and they should have charged me like $20 more. I kept pointing this out to the manager who was ringing me up and she kept ringing it up wrong. After the third attempt to correct her I looked at my sister and said thank you to the manager.

It was rough walking out with an extra $20 but I really did try to help this manager.

frank

At Target I always scan them to see which ones are correct and which ones aren't at the sale price. Those I put in the back of my order and let them know I want it at the sales price.

The employee must have been new because I have never had them ring it up twice. They usually scan your receipt into the computer and do a PA. Sorry you had that experience.

You had a stupid cashier. I used to work at a Target, and I trained everyone at Customer Service. Most of the people they gave me should not have been there. There's a lot of information they need to know and they have no recall for it. The cashier did mess up. There's no reason to return the whole order. Option 1 is returns. Option 2 is adjustments... Some of them just don't know how to do the adjustments. Plus, there's really no reason to redo the whole order. I hope whoever it was got canned or banished to a cash register.

I finally got my money back... yesterday. One week I had to wait.

The credit never showed up on my account. And I had to go back to the store again.

I don't know if it was because dh was with me or not but the manager said "let's end this nightmare now" and gave me my cash back.

The stupid girl they had at customer service that day was on one of the registers yesterday.

Even though her line only had 1 person, I went to a longer line.

It’s an employee working at Target for at or close to minimum wage… what can you expect? I mean have you ever been at Wal-Mart, Target, or Kmart? I'm sure you've seen how little the employee's care about you. I'm not saying that they are more of less of a person, but most people that I have dealed with, could personally care less about me and my issues I'm having with a product/service from that store and they only reason they lift a finger to do anything about it, if because it is their policy. While I'm sure there are some employees who do care and go out of there way to help people, quite frankly, I'm yet to see one(at least were I am).

It’s an employee working at Target for at or close to minimum wage… what can you expect? ;)

What's that supposed to mean? She had an untrained worker do a stupid thing. That has nothing to do with how much money they make. Just because someone makes at or close to minimum wage doesn't make them any less of a person than people who make more.

What's that supposed to mean? She had an untrained worker do a stupid thing. That has nothing to do with how much money they make. Just because someone makes at or close to minimum wage doesn't make them any less of a person than people who make more.

Have you ever been at Wal Mart, Target, or KMart? I'm sure you've seen how little the employee's care about you. I'm not saying that they are more of less of a person, but most people that I have dealed with, could personally care less about me and my issues I'm having with a product/service from that store and they only reason they lift a finger to do anything about it, if because it is their policy. While I'm sure there are some employees who do care and go out of there way to help people, quite frankly, I'm yet to see one(at least were I am).

Have you ever been at Wal Mart, Target, or KMart? I'm sure you've seen how little the employee's care about you. I'm not saying that they are more of less of a person, but most people that I have dealed with, could personally care less about me and my issues I'm having with a product/service from that store and they only reason they lift a finger to do anything about it, if because it is their policy. While I'm sure there are some employees who do care and go out of there way to help people, quite frankly, I'm yet to see one(at least were I am).

Actually, I worked at Target for 2 years and 85% of my coworkers did care about our customers or at least we pretended we did. I'm sorry you haven't come in contact with even one caring employee at any of your Targets, Walmarts, or Kmarts but maybe the problem is that you're expecting too much out of the employees. *shrugs*

While it is true that a large number of workers who work for minimum don't give a rat's backside about their jobs, I have gotten to know the employees at my local stores, and most of them are really good to deal with. And I live in Los Angeles. Most of them don't care because they get treated like garbage by their managers and the customers. hard to care when that happens. I talked to a cashier at Walmart (a store I avoid like the plague most of the time), and she said she left yesterday in tears because her line (in garden center) had gotten so long that it was all the way into the store (that means at least 40 people or more) and no one would come help. Not even a manager! I really felt bad for her, and she isn't a whiner. So, while the person the OP dealt with did a lousy job, I don't condemn the whole lot of minimum wage workers for it.

Actually, I worked at Target for 2 years and 85% of my coworkers did care about our customers or at least we pretended we did. I'm sorry you haven't come in contact with even one caring employee at any of your Targets, Walmarts, or Kmarts but maybe the problem is that you're expecting too much out of the employees. *shrugs*

With all due respect, when I walk in the door at a Wal Mart, not even the old man who hands out stickers smiles at my child. As another person (below your post) said most often these people can be over worked or pushed around by their managers thus putting them in a bad mood or simply are not motivated to do their job. While I'm not putting anyone down or intended to because I am close friends with a manager of a Target, he even said most of their workers that have been there for over two years are "not the most cheerful." What I do expect employees to do is to care about your concerns. If that is too much to ask for then I apologize for being unreasonable. I do know that there are some employees who do care and I give my sincerest regards to them if they had been offended but were I do the most of my shopping, most of them don't care at all about you.

Guest online_assistan
FYI: if you would not like to deal with the store that credited you the right amount. Call the credit card company and do a chargeback. This is instantly credit your credit card back until the store (Target) can come up with the written proof (the receipt you signed) to the merchant credit card company. Once the credit card shows proof it will be cleared up or visa versa. You can always stick it to the company (target) because every chargeback is a flat charge for a certain amount. If you have a 20 dollar chargeback the charge to target on the chargeback might be more than 20 dollars. At least from my experience with credit card terminals and chargebacks. :)

FYI: if you would not like to deal with the store that credited you the right amount. Call the credit card company and do a chargeback. This is instantly credit your credit card back until the store (Target) can come up with the written proof (the receipt you signed) to the merchant credit card company. Once the credit card shows proof it will be cleared up or visa versa. You can always stick it to the company (target) because every chargeback is a flat charge for a certain amount. If you have a 20 dollar chargeback the charge to target on the chargeback might be more than 20 dollars. At least from my experience with credit card terminals and chargebacks. :)

It was my debit card. Much more of a hassle.