4 a.m. opening? who would really go...

BF in Iowa

so many major discount and electronics chains have limited qty. offers on Black Friday - usually at 5 am or 6 am (so expect to be in line at 4 am), who would really be at Kohl's at 4:00? Is the management kidding themselves? They already have a reputation around here for check-out lines that reach to the back wall of the store!

We'll probably start there, but we just need to run to customer service to have some price adjustments done. I need to call and be sure they will be there to do that at 4. The only other thing we need is the pair of 1/8 cut diamond earrings for my niece for 19.99. I'm hoping/assuming we can just pay at the jewelry counter for those though... Then we'll be off to stand in line at Staples before they open at 6.

"We'll probably start there, but we just need to run to customer service to have some price adjustments done. I need to call and be sure they will be there to do that at 4."

Sorry, Kohl's doesn't do price adjustments for early birds. And you'd better get there early if you want jewelry. We're doing the "take a number" thing this year, and quantities are limited.

(just a bit of friendly advice from a Kohl's employee)

It's great that they open at 4AM, JCPenney does also, after I go to the midnight madness at the outlet mall, then we will hit the stores that open at 4AM. Last year we were done at the outlet at 3AM and had to wait until 5AM for another store to open, restaurants are even closed at that hour because of the Holiday, we actually found a McDonalds drive thru that opened at 3AM.

Our Kohl's is right next to Target (they're connected).....BUT I'm too afraid of the line being 1.5-2 hrs long at Kohl's that it still will not be at the top of my list. I'd miss all the 5am openings. It's supposed to be downright cold, windy, and snowy here Friday--so no long term line standing- plus nothing we need that bad. But I'd like to be at one of the major stores 15 minutes before opening. Nothing like that rush!!!! :)

We'll be in line by 3:30. I agree with a previous poster, half off toys, cheap luggage, and several other things are on the list. Add in the additional 15% from the MVC card, and 10 back for every 50 spent, and this is one of the better offers out there. Even my mother who had a mild heart attack last Friday wants to join us at Kohls Friday morning.

"We'll probably start there, but we just need to run to customer service to have some price adjustments done. I need to call and be sure they will be there to do that at 4."

Sorry, Kohl's doesn't do price adjustments for early birds. And you'd better get there early if you want jewelry. We're doing the "take a number" thing this year, and quantities are limited.

(just a bit of friendly advice from a Kohl's employee)

I woudl like to make a suggestion to those at the Jewelry counter.Take your number and then go stand directly in front of the #1 item you want!

Last year I watched a woman wait and wait and wait and then point to a spinning display across the counter and say what she wanted and it was gone.

If you wait in front, you prevent other people from seeing it, and you also know right away if someone else gets it first! I'll be at my local Kohls counter!

I plan to start at Kohls and I'm wondering how early I need to be there. I'm hoping what I want won't be what everyone else wants. I really need the retro stereo for $69. That is the main thing my Mom has wantd for a few years. There are otheritems I'd like to get like teh DVD player but I'd be happy with just the stereo. Do you think there will be arush for that item? Do you think it would be in teh store by the home store part?

I'm thinking of trying to get in, get the one or two items I really want most and checking out maybe to return later in the day. I aslo need to be at Pepboys for the scooter. Hubby will probably go to Staples to try to get a laptop. We were too late calling in at CC today for the Toshiba.

ANy thoughts?

I went to Home Depot this morning.. and waiting for them to open w/ no line.. I ran into Kohls at maybe 4:45 and the lines for both registers wrapped around the store to where you could not walk in the main isles because it was everyone in line. I took a walk around, laughed with my bf, and walked out. haha