Tents-- Are they worth it?

nosko

Last year my group brought a tent, and I'm so happy we did, it was really cold out side(I live in Wisconsin) and the when we went in the tent It was nice and warm. We put a sleeping bag on the bottom of it so we were not sitting on the cement sidewalk under us. We even played a game of monopoly in the tent. Right before tickets were being handed out we took the tent down and put it in the car. The last hour of waiting without a tent sucked, because we were cold.

I was wondering if anyone else had a positive/negative experience with a tent?

I had folks in front and behind me with tents last year and I was kicking myself for not bringing mine. This year I am, along with a small propane heater. I can setup my tent in about 10 minutes and tear down in 5. I don't think I will sleep, but a break from the cold will be nice.

Tim

My group used a tent last year and there's no way we're going without one ever again. If you're in a cold area it can really mean the difference between feeling like you're freezing to death and being fairly comfortable. We even ordered pizza from the local Papa Johns and had it delivered to "the red tent in the Best Buy parking lot!" I guess our family just gets really into it, but we remember the good time we have much more than how cold it was.

i would say it is well worth the minimal time to put one up. also if it starts to rain i would hate to be out in the rain or anything like that. also if you have more than one person its easy to setup/take down.

It rained for 5 hours on thursday. The tents were a great way to stay comfortable. Walmart had a whole tent package with chairs, table, cooler, lantern, etc for $65. One guy was at the kmart sale and got a huge 2 room tent for $35!:D