Target is Giving Out "Survival Kits" in select states

juanadeal

Just saw this. Selected stores are giving out Shopper Survival Kits to the first shoppers of the day.

http://2day.target.com/survivalkit.html

Sorry I didn't realize how limited the locations were. I checked the 3 stores by me and the 3 by my mom's house just in case we're there and they're all listed.

Can a mod change the title to select store only or something?

My Target will have them. It doesn't make sense for me to stand in line though unless I know what I'm standing in line for. They have one thing I want that I doubt will run out but I didn't plan on going there until last. If anyone happens to know what is actually in this survival kit it would be appreciated.

Only select stores in these states-

California

New Jersey

Florida

New York

Indiana

Wisconsin

:( Darn

Doesn't Target care about their customers in the other 44 states? I guess we don't matter as much as those customers in CA, NJ, FL, NY, IN, WI. Why should I give Target any of my $$$ if I am not as worthy of a customer as those in the special 6 states? I'm sure they'll get some of my $$$ as my wife will have to go there. But still, we need to survive in PA & MD too. It would be nice if they gave all their customers the love instead of just a few.

I did get a kit. I got out of Sears early enough to get to Target by 5:30. They had about1000 of them. Nothing special. It's a thin red canvas bag with a tag that says Join the Race, Here are a few things to give you the stamina you need for the shopping marathon ahead of you. Came with:

-1.75 oz bag of Archer Farms Cinnamon Vanila Nut coffee grounds

-Archer Farms Apple Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Bar

-2 oz box of bullseye dog animal crackers

They also gave out a cute stuffed Target dog wearing a red jacket and holding a Target bag.

Nothing special at all.

wow this brought back memories of those little bags Target used to give out years and years ago (like late 90s) and I remember our Target (from the midwest) even had coffee and donuts back then.

That does suck that not many states were included... I wonder why? Doesn't matter, I didn't go there and won't be today.

We got the kit, but we didn't get the stuffed dog! :mad:

Target was amazingly organized this year, and my 9 year old who was with me (his first time) had a ball!

But when we got the survival kits, I was surprised at how chintzy they were. I thought that they'd have a little more in them... :g_shrug:

Linda