How early should I get to Target

immortaljackwest

haven't gone there for a big ticket item, but went last year at about 3 pm and got almost all of my smaller items- toaster oven, dvd box sets, etc. only thing they didn't have was my video chair. so overall i would say they are good with stock compared to most stores on that day.

I live in a city of 200,000 people with a metro area of 400,000 people and both our Best Buy's and our Circuit City's start having lines at 2:00 am. Our Wal Mart, Sears, Target about 3 am. Some die hard fans even camp out the night before, but these are few. Last year I got at Best Buy around 4 am and there were atleast 100 people in line. Get there atleast 3 hours early!

take a drive by late on thanksgiving evening and see if there is anyone lining up if its none or few then you can probably hold off til early am about 2 or 3, if its 10 -20 or more you better get your stuff and go wait yourself because lots of people will start lining up once they see a line forming

I know my one Target isn't as crowded as the one at the mall. Sometimes I think people forget about the new one that opened up several months ago

It all depends on your area. I know the past couple years Im out of Walmat by 5:20am and at Target by 5:40 and usually there is only 30 or so people in line. Who knows about this year though.

I plan on going to the target in Ann Arbor, MI. I've done a bit of research and found that ann arbor has around 110,000 people. I've neva bin to BF before so I was wondering if like 12am would be too late to get to target?

Well, in our area if you want one of their hottest items, you better get there by 2-3am. It seems. There is usually at least a few hundred people in line within 90 minutes of opening. Seems they carry enough stock on most items but inevitably there is always a handful of items that are very limited.

Guest caminitorinaldo

Can someone give me a mental picture of what to expect when I run into the store. Is everything where it should be? Are tvs in the electronics section? Or do they move stuff around like Walmart does?

things are usually where they should be

but ALSO LOOK ON THE ENDCAPS for things (like ipod speaker types things) for some of the toys

they still have them on the rolling pallets

and you can get things from that.

also

from my experience (and i've been to several targets across the country b/c my husband is in the military)

there are usually a fair amount of people to HELP YOU (employees) in their red shirts.

more often than not,

they are friendly.

good luck.

i love going to target on BF and it is usually my first stop (unless i am near other places that open early) but Target is my destination.

HTH

See you at Target. It looks like Target will be the Queen of this BF. WalMart isn't even playing the same game anymore! Its sad. Its like they just gave up. Maybe WalMart needs some therapy. That ad looked depressing to me!

Do you think since WalMart's ad is so sucky I should go earlier to Target. Their ad is better so do you think there will be more more people this year?

My experiences with Target have been positive- there is plenty of staff to help you, and the only things in the isles are the dvd's on carts - makes it easier to just grab what you need without getting into the isles.

The only drawback is the lines can be outrageous, I've waited in line over an hour to check out before.

It varies year to year but normally, in a busy, populated area, get there between 2:30 - 3:00 a.m. That's your safest bet. You should really end up being one of the first 5 -10 people in line. Take a folding chair, blanket, hot chocolate or coffee, book, radio, etc... and dress warm! If you have someone with you (and it helps if you do) you can put all your stuff back in your car about 20 minutes before the doors open. Alot of the electronic items are many times not exactly in the electronics dept. They are at times displayed on the sides of the main isles, except cameras and video games. The store personal will usually come out prior to opening the doors and if you ask, most will tell you where the item you want is or displayed. Good luck.

I'm doing the Target in Ann Arbor, MI also....I'm a student at Michigan, so I am driving back to my house in Ann Arbor after Thanksgiving dinner with my family, getting my plan set and taking a nap. I think I'm going to do Meijer first, because at least I can wait inside there, and since I am mainly going for a Wii, that's good. I plan on being at Meijer by midnight, they open at 5am. After I'm done at Meijer, I'm going to head over to Target and see what I can do.

Am new at this and hope I'm not stating the obvious but my experiences with Target for the BF sale is that for many items they do rainchecks, unless it specifically states there is not one available next to the specific item in the ad. A couple of years ago there were several DVDs I wanted but could not get and I got rainchecks for all of them. The only thing I really want this year from Target are the $4 and $6 DVDs, so I am probably just going to go over there when things are calmer and pick up rainchecks. Am I missing something, do you think this is no longer possible? It's been awhile since I've gone.