Dyson Vacuum cleaner

tkn4lif

I noticed that our Target had a the Pink Dyson 07 on clearance for $279. I have the Dyson 07 that I purchased at Wal-Mart and I love it. My son has asthma and Eczema. I was surprised by how much better this vac was. Watch also because some stores give a giftcard with a purchase. I received a $100 gift card from Wal-Mart w/my vac.

Never been impressed with a Dyson vacuum. Bought one a year ago on a whim. Was worse cleaning our carpet than the Hoover Wind Tunnel self-propelled vac. that was we had.....so returned the Dyson.

Personally, it was loud, the on/off switch was in the stupidest place, and I hate no bags. Those bagless vacs....the dirt cup invariably becomes such a mess because of static elec. created by the plastic...the dirt sticks to the cup. And there's just no way to empty the cup without a small mushroom cloud of dust coming up. Give me a bag vac any day......much cleaner in the end with emptying it.

my brother got the dyson for animals and his cat's hair killed it. that disappointed me.

We got a Dyson animal (the ugly purple thing it is) and our two cats haven't killed it yet...

they're too scared of it.

Hah, in all seriousness, it tears right through everything we throw at it... absolutely love it.

It's better than our previous vacuums out of the box by a long shot and if it's "never loses

suction" claim holds up (we've only had it about a month) then it's the greatest thing since

sliced bread IMO.

We got a Dyson animal(the ugly purple thing it is) and our two cats haven't killed it yet...

they're too scared of it.

We have the same one, my Mom gave it to me for Christmas last year. I love it...we have 2 giant breed dogs and 2 cats and our house is one of the few that my highly-allergic-to-cats friend can spend any length of time in.

It picks up everything, and simultaneously fascinates and disgusts me.

My only complaints are:

1) no retractable cord. if someone pays $500 for a vacuum, the cord needs to be retractable.

2) no light. I don't vacuum in the dark, but I like a little headlight on the front. DH is threatening to put an led stick-up on it.

3) it sucks (in a bad way) for cleaning area rugs. I have one in my foyer and every single time, it sucks the rug up into the vacuum and makes a terrible sound. You're supposed to use the "bare floors" mode for cleaning rugs, but it doesn't give that "freshly brushed look", so I use my old Hoover on it. If it weren't for that one rug, I would have gotten rid of my Windtunnel.

4) the attachments take a little getting used to, but I'm a pro at it now, it just involved a little bit of practice.

Anyway, if something bad happened to my Dyson tomorrow, I'd run out and buy another one just like it. FWIW, I think my Mom got mine at BB&B (not on BF) and paid around $459 with a coupon, it's the DC14 animal.

We have the same one, my Mom gave it to me for Christmas last year. I love it...we have 2 giant breed dogs and 2 cats and our house is one of the few that my highly-allergic-to-cats friend can spend any length of time in.

It picks up everything, and simultaneously fascinates and disgusts me.

My only complaints are:

1) no retractable cord. if someone pays $500 for a vacuum, the cord needs to be retractable.

2) no light. I don't vacuum in the dark, but I like a little headlight on the front. DH is threatening to put an led stick-up on it.

3) it sucks (in a bad way) for cleaning area rugs. I have one in my foyer and every single time, it sucks the rug up into the vacuum and makes a terrible sound. You're supposed to use the "bare floors" mode for cleaning rugs, but it doesn't give that "freshly brushed look", so I use my old Hoover on it. If it weren't for that one rug, I would have gotten rid of my Windtunnel.

4) the attachments take a little getting used to, but I'm a pro at it now, it just involved a little bit of practice.

Anyway, if something bad happened to my Dyson tomorrow, I'd run out and buy another one just like it. FWIW, I think my Mom got mine at BB&B (not on BF) and paid around $459 with a coupon, it's the DC14 animal.

1) Retractable cord would equal more overall weight, so I'm fine without that.

2) I have overhead lights in my house, so it's all good. ;)

3) I got lucky with my rugs, they all work out pretty well, but with it's power I could see it

being a problem for some.

4) The attachments are great, the included medium-wide with the velour is nice, the power

fur thing is great for stairs. Which that and one other attachment are the only difference

between the "Animal" and the regular DC07... but that attachment with the agitator is worth

it IMO.

Got ours for $399 because Best Buy had it on sale on their website (online only) and I got

Circuit City to match it in store. They're definitely worth it.

Before you lay out all the money on a Dyson I have suggestion on another option for you. I was in the market for a Dyson also. I have terrible allergies and thought a Dyson was going to be the way to go. After reading a bunch of product reviews I ended up buying a Bissell Healthy Home. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I read a ton of reviews about it and many of the owners had traded in their Dysons for it! It's way less expensive and I figured why not! With sales, coupons and a rebate offer we got ours from LNT for about $150 -Dh was most impressed. I cannot say how much I love my Heathy Home Vacuum- it picks up sooo much junk out of my carpet it's amazing and with a dog, 2 cat's and a bunny I have a TON of animal hair!!! This thing is amazing.

I got a Dyson, which dh bought for me. It's light blue. I don't know the difference in the colors but anyways. We have a golden retriever and he sheds all the time. My dyson works fantastic on the dog hair. I have only had it for about 6 months. I think it's a really good sweeper.

I have a DC14 Animal (purple one), have had it just over a year and it is by far the best vacuum cleaner I have ever used. I am starting to think it is pulling dirt up from under the house foundation. The floor won't look dirty but you will get a canister half full of pure dirt and lint/hair in it from one room. I agree with the writer who said that rugs are hard to clean, but I only find the problem to be with the fringe on the end of my rug, if that gets caught in vacuum it will make a horrible noise, I vacuum in fear of that noise. I use the onboard attachments on the fringe and use the vacuum right up to the edge of the rug. That is the only issue I have with it, it won't harm the rug or fringe, I just hate that noise.

I would buy another one in a heartbeat if something happened to this one.

We've had our Dyson DC-14 Animal for over 3 years and love it. Dyson customer service is awesome too. One of my kids decided to vacuum up a wet mess one day and the flexible part of the hose got all dirty from the sticky residue. I called them and asked how to clean it and they sent me a new hose for free. I was within 12 months of buying it, but free is always good.

Hoovers suck. You'd think that would be a good thing when you're talking about vacuums, but it's not.