>>> Official Black Friday DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME Discussion Thread <<<

Marcster

Will you be buying a digital photo frame this year? (for yourself or others)  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying a digital photo frame this year? (for yourself or others)

• I already have enough of them, so *NO*.
    • I have *NO* plans on buying one.
    • I plan to only buy one for MYSELF.
    • I plan to only buy one (or more) for OTHERS.
    • I plan to buy one for MYSELF and for OTHERS as a gift.
    • I don't like pictures.

i am looking for one for my step son who lives in minnisota,we havent seen him in 2 years.this would be a perfect gift.but i really have no clue on what i am buying,all i know is that i want one with the internal memory so i can load it up before i ship it.

Read the reviews and product descriptions on Amazon. They usually tell how much memory is available on the frame. Our Philips holds 50 picts. And what kind of camera cards work so you can look at more picts.

It has to be one with a digital card reader -- not all of the digital photo frames have that feature, but most newer models will.

I'd like one but the prices have to drop at least another $30 before I'll buy one. They have to be around $30 for me to even consider buy one at all.

Wow, you drive a hard bargain -- they're basically small LCD monitors -- they probably won't hit $30 till next year. The best deal I've found is the 7" at PepBoys for $39.98 after rebate. If you are one of the first 50 people in line at 5 am, you'll get a $10 gift card -- that would make it $29.98 AR. So there you go. ;)

It has to be one with a digital card reader -- not all of the digital photo frames have that feature, but most newer models will.

Wow, you drive a hard bargain -- they're basically small LCD monitors -- they probably won't hit $30 till next year. The best deal I've found is the 7" at PepBoys for $39.98 after rebate. If you are one of the first 50 people in line at 5 am, you'll get a $10 gift card -- that would make it $29.98 AR. So there you go. ;)

Where does the one at Ace stack up against the one at PepBoys? I'm looking for the best deal under $50. Can anyone give me advise on where to focus?

And that is exactly why I wont be purchasing one this year. I say in 2009 black friday I might purchase one, the prices will have dropped a lot by then.

Guest caminitorinaldo

i've got the keychain that was so popular last year from Office Max (i think) it was only 5.00

so i bought 3

i FORGOT about 2 of them and will give them as stocking stuffer gifts to my folks and girlfriend.

the keychain screen is TINY and the battery ran out QUICK

but for 5 bucks

it was worth it.

i would like a bigger frame w/ a card slot

but it would have to be around 30.00 for me to actually buy one.

Most of the digital frames have 32MB-128MB of internal memory. If you scale the picture down to the same resolution of the frame it will fit hundreds of pictures on internal memory.

Typically, they'll have some memory built into the frame, enough for say 12 pictures.

They'll also typically have a digital card reader -- it's a great way to put those smaller digital cards that you've upgraded from to good use. You know, when your new camera "comes with" a 16mb or 32mb memory card and you put that asside and by a 1GB or 2GB memory card.

Well, now you have a use for those smaller cards.

Last year, I just didnt get it. I couldnt understand why anyone would want one of these. But this year, we have an 18 y/o daughter who has moved to England to study for 3 years. We thought this would be a really great gift for her. Im just at a loss as to which one to buy. Im open to any ideas you may have. Thanks!

Meijer is going to have a gfm frame for 29.99 (save $50). After seeing that I may get a few for friends and family that live overseas! :yup:

That was my plan also - but thinking about it - the frames need power and usually come with an AC adapter - so you would need to check into whether the power adaptor will be compatible with the local power supply (voltage etc).

I am still thinking about it - but will probably buy from AmazonUK (in my case) to make sure that are no issues with compatibility.

I see others have asked the same question I was thinking.

Reviews on these??

A good deal isn't a good deal if the quality is poor.

Anybody want to share their experiences with these?

:confused:

Well, the kids gave me one of the Kodak 5.6" ones for my birthday this week and, while I like it, we have it in the den, where we have the family computer with the 19" LCD Monitor that runs a photo slideshow as a screensaver, so it seems very overshadowed. The quality of the pics is not what I expected.