Another Walmart Warning Story

gymgirl975

Last year my mom and I hit up our Walmart at around 2:30 or 3:00 a.m. We really wanted the ten dollar Idog for my daughters. Anyway, we got there and I notice there are like 15 Idogs out on the regular aisle in toys. So, since they are just sitting there and not in plastic, we scooped two up. Then we covered them up with our jacket, just in case. ;) Anyway, while waiting in line we find out that there will only be ten or fifteen of the ten dollar Idogs for the whole store, and they are in a box in the middle aisle. I went back to the aisle where we had gotten them earlier and they were all cleared out. >:( There were tons of people waiting for the Idog that went home empty handed and they had had plenty, but just took them to the back.

When I tried to pay, it scanned 29.99 but I showed her the ad that said they were ten bucks and she gave it to me for that.

Sneaky jerks.

That happened with me one year when they had Uno Attack. I couln't find the game in the aisle but i did find it in the game aisle. It rang up at twice the price and the manager said that it was the wrong one. I said will you get me the right one I couldn't find them and he said forget that you can have it for the sale price. LOL They just don't care on BF!

Someone would have a bad day if they stole ANYTHING out of my cart! I would be arrested, I'm telling you! Yeah, there were I-dogs on a top shelf last year and I got 2. Then found out later they were not the ones, they were in different boxes. We waited in the spot where they were bringing them out and they wheeled out a buggy only 1/2 full of them. Needless to say, there were a lot of angry people.

This is what annoys me with Walmart. Black Friday items have a different UPC, even though they sell the identical items all year long, the ones on that sacred day are different. So if you just grab one off the shelf, it will almost always ring up regular price.

I went through this with the GB advance they had for $49. A worker HANDED it to me, of course it wasn't the one with the BF upc on it, so it rang up full price. After 10 minutes of the manager and I going back and fourth, he finally gave it to me.

Our store only had like five I dogs last year for $10, I got one only cause I grapped it before the sale officially started, our walmart started opening the bundles at about 4:30 and I had my cart full by 5am, then they where trying to tell every one to put the stuff back until 5am it was crazy.

Kind of related, ( not an idog, but still kinda sneaky) about 2 years ago i was at walmart for BF and they had new release dvds for $8 that went off sale at 11. I was in line at 10:49 and they tried to tell me that was full price because they scanned me at 11:01. My point is, if this happens ask to talk to a manger because I did and they told me (at least at my store, if you are in line before the cutoff, you are ok)

Oooh yeah! You have to watch your carts too. They'll steal right out of your carts. We also got the 10 buck idog last year but our store had plenty and left overs too.

My sister's bf did that to someone last year, can't remember what item it was, but it pissed me off...it was his first year going, and if it was me he did that to, and I knew it, he'd be minus a couple of parts by the time he left that store...but he's a moron anyway, and doesn't give a crap...idiot...if I'd been with them instead of split up from them, I'd have given him hell for sure...

That's just sooooooooo wrong...:mad:

Yer right, our store was told do not put anything in your cart until five am. Meanwhile, they didn't start unwrapping/carting out items 'till almost three, and most of the staff were uneducated. I kept a smile on my face and tried to give em moral support, but they tripped all over themselves.

PLUS, the off duty employees, who never waited in line for anything, came trickling out at 4:45 and walked straight up to their buddies for tickets on big ticket items.

PLEASE people watch your carts. I have never have had a problem, but I remember the year that everyone was trying to get the cabbage patch dolls from walmart. This one lady had 3 in her cart for her 3 grandaughters. She turned her back and someone took the whole cart. Needless to say she was livid and almost in tears and there was really nothing anyone could because all the dolls were sold out. My motto with walmart is once that stuff starts selling out, I should be in line because I don't want any problems.

we were lucky at walmart... One year they had DVD players really cheap, & my mom wanted 4 of them... (one for my dad, one for my aunt, one for my brother and one for a co-worker) We were like 5th in line got straight to them, and my sister my mother and I all just starting grabbing to make sure we had enough... we ended up with i think 8 or 9 of them.. we saw this little older man, who was just walking around like he was on a stroll in the park and he mentioned that he was upset because people were like PUSHING him out of the way to get to the DVD players and a couple of other things that he wanted for his grandkids. We asked him how many of the DVD players he wanted and I think he said 3, so I checked with my mom to make sure she didn't want ALL 8 or 9 of the the DVD players, and told my sister to stay with the cart, and I carried the DVD players up to the front helped him check out and carried them to the car so nobody with push or bother him, and he was SOOOO HAPPY!!!! When I came back in, my sister said... "way to go, some big guy saw you take them out of the cart and give them to the old man, so he thought he could just come and take them from our cart.... YOU MISSED IT... MOM FREAKED OUT ON HIM!!!!" I am glad I got to help the older man who just wanted a good deal, but that was really crappy of the other guy to just assume and start grabbing at stuff!!!!

I don't work at walmart but I do work in retail and I know for sure that most stores have same item different UPC items. Usually though if you are nice about it and ask most will just override for you. Its the people that start griping right away about being out of something that will get nothing.

Guest mldepalma

I don't work at walmart but I do work in retail and I know for sure that most stores have same item different UPC items. Usually though if you are nice about it and ask most will just override for you. Its the people that start griping right away about being out of something that will get nothing.

Yeah, what's that saying? "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar?" OR something like that?! It is generally true - but I have to say, on BF, unless you're within the first several people in line, the cashiers are usually so fed up with EVERYONE, that even the nice customers can get poor treatment.

We went to Walmart on Black Friday a few years ago (drove down from Canada, thanks to reading about it on here lol). I remember seeing that happen, but the person it happened to left her cart in one aisle and went shopping 3 aisles over. When she came back, she was shocked to see a couple of her items gone. Not sure why she would have left the cart unattended. Even my dad who usually hates shopping but thoroughly enjoyed himself that day knew better than to leave his cart unattended lol.

As Brad suggested in another thread, this year I think I'm gonna grab one of those big Rubbermaid containers first thing (way before the doorbuster stuff is opened up), the size that takes up basically the whole cart, and put all the stuff I'm buying down in there. That way, if I DO need to take my hands off of my cart for a millisecond or two, I can snap the top onto the container first and keep it all concealed! :D

Only the very brazen (or very clueless!) person would take time to open the container on the off chance of finding anything in it, let alone something they want! ;)

HTH!

As Brad suggested in another thread, this year I think I'm gonna grab one of those big Rubbermaid containers first thing (way before the doorbuster stuff is opened up), the size that takes up basically the whole cart, and put all the stuff I'm buying down in there. That way, if I DO need to take my hands off of my cart for a millisecond or two, I can snap the top onto the container first and keep it all concealed! :D

Only the very brazen (or very clueless!) person would take time to open the container on the off chance of finding anything in it, let alone something they want! ;)

HTH!

Be careful with that, WM security could accuse you of trying to steal the items. I worked BF at a WM and someone did something similar and were arrested. Crazy yep but they can say you are concealing merchandise with intent to steal. :eyepoppin

Be careful with that, WM security could accuse you of trying to steal the items. I worked BF at a WM and someone did something similar and were arrested. Crazy yep but they can say you are concealing merchandise with intent to steal. :eyepoppin

Ive done this before to hide from my kids. As long as you pay before you leave what does it matter. Thats crap.

Thankfully nothing has ever happened to me like this. And I've been Black Friday shopping myself at Walmart since 1994.

Of course Im 6' tall. Have anything to do with it? Haha

I'm 5 foot nothing and I'll take your you know what out on Black friday:tongue1: any other I would invite you to lunch:)

I generally shopat walmart on black friday and I ahve never had a bad experience except for three yrs ago when someone tried to take out of my cart big mistake!!!!!!!!! My sister in law and I let them have it. I usually get to walmart around 1-2 in the morning to find all the items I want from other stores that walmart caries to pricematch. The plastic tub is a nice idea I might have to use it this yr.

I have to say I've seen it all too. At one store there was a fight. I don't know what about just that they were falling into people. One lady was pushed so hard against the counter at the electronics dept that she passed out. Paramedics and police officers had to climb over the back of the counter to get to her. The crowd wouldn't let them in. All those customers cared about was themselves. My mother inlaw even had someone try to grab a GB advance out of here hand while she was standing in line to pay for it a few years back. I wasn't there then help her out. Must say though I have started to go to another Walmart near my area and am pleasantly suprised. The crowd was mostly gone by 8:30 and almost every item on black friday was still there, The portable DVD player was still available thru the whole week. and the price was still honored until they sold out. I will be there again this year. There are 6 Walmarts within 25 miles of my house so that really helps. All the fights and people passing out all happened at one particular store.

The part I like best is no layaway. Alot if not most of the people would grab it and put into layaway in the years past. Without it the crowd was smaller and buying what they wanted and not just grabbing eveything in sight. My wife and me do black friday every year and this year will be no different. I will be at one store and she will be at another. Thank you grandma for watching those kids for me!

Guest Mom1979

we were lucky at walmart... One year they had DVD players really cheap, & my mom wanted 4 of them... (one for my dad, one for my aunt, one for my brother and one for a co-worker) We were like 5th in line got straight to them, and my sister my mother and I all just starting grabbing to make sure we had enough... we ended up with i think 8 or 9 of them.. we saw this little older man, who was just walking around like he was on a stroll in the park and he mentioned that he was upset because people were like PUSHING him out of the way to get to the DVD players and a couple of other things that he wanted for his grandkids. We asked him how many of the DVD players he wanted and I think he said 3, so I checked with my mom to make sure she didn't want ALL 8 or 9 of the the DVD players, and told my sister to stay with the cart, and I carried the DVD players up to the front helped him check out and carried them to the car so nobody with push or bother him, and he was SOOOO HAPPY!!!! When I came back in, my sister said... "way to go, some big guy saw you take them out of the cart and give them to the old man, so he thought he could just come and take them from our cart.... YOU MISSED IT... MOM FREAKED OUT ON HIM!!!!" I am glad I got to help the older man who just wanted a good deal, but that was really crappy of the other guy to just assume and start grabbing at stuff!!!!

Oh that was a beautiful story thanks for sharing!

I don't do a great deal on BF but when I went 2 years ago, my first time, to WM, all I really wanted was a $5 Care Bear for my daughter and we were standing in line talking and this lady said all she wanted was a CB of a certain color, the lines meant NOTHING when the stuff was uncovered, this lady had a cart & everyone ran ahead of her. She couldn't move, I found a CB for her in the color she wanted & handed it right to her.

what I find funny is that the blitz items with different upc codes don't go to normal price after the blitz sale is over. I had bought one of the I-dogs last year for my niece only to find out my other niece wanted one too. It was the first week of december and I went to walmart and decided to just buy one at regular price, better than a fight breaking out on christmas. I got to where they were on the shelf and saw one in the black box which was the BF packaging, so I scanned it and it rang up $10. I also found a few of the cabbage patch dolls and the Little People playset and they all rang up at the bf price. I bought all of it to donate to the salvation army angel tree since the tree at work was still almost full of names. I wouldn't recomend waiting until after bf to get an item, but if you miss out on it you may check back periodically, I don't know if they were returns or if they just didn't sell but they were still there.

Walmart had a ton of the BF toys left over last year. But I do think it is very sneaky when they remove the regular merchandise that is usually on the shelves so that there are only limited BF items. I don't think I will be going to WM this year, I am just a little sick of all their bull.