How many people here have Amazon prime?

shanni

I have it too-just renewed for my second year. I got the popup offer last year for the 3 month trial, and found it was so convenient that I paid for it when the time came.

What has really paid off for me is the 3.99 overnight shipping - there have been times I needed something fast and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to get it. Plus this last winter, I was iced in for days and weeks at a time-and I could order things from Amazon that I needed but couldn't get out to get. It was a real lifesaver.

Ruth

I have the Amazon prime - I did the free trial and found that I liked it so much that I paid for it.

I no longer have to search for filler items and the convenience in having the quick ship for last minute birthday gifts is a big help. As another poster noted - the option of the overnight is great at 3.99 per item.

As DH would never do the fill items and would just order a book (at less than $25) I was paying for shipping anyway.. so the Prime works for us.

I thought that there was a way to search for "prime" items only - but I took a quick look at the website and couldn't find it I just look for the "prime checkmark" and rule out items without it.

We love it as well. As a matter of fact our family now asks us to order their stuff from Amazon, shipped 2 days to them, and then they reimburse us. It works great, especially if you order a lot of little things and don't want to wait to get a cart full. It almost justifies buying stuff because now I don't have to drive all the way into town. ;)

I did the trial too and ended up keeping it. I bought a 135 pound gazebo this summer. The gazebo arrived with missing pieces and minor damage from shipping so I called Amazon and they shipped another to me overnight for free. They told me to take whatever parts I needed to make a complete gazebo and return the rest. They arranged for UPS to come to my house to pick up the incomplete one. I didn't pay for any of the 3 shipments since I was a member. They also offered to just take money off. It's also nice that you don't have to worry about buying everything at once to get a shipping discount since it's free. I believe it only applies to items sold by Amazon which is still quite a bit. I buy things for friends and family too.

I have the trial right now (expires in about a week). I really like it...BUT I think I am buying more than I normally would just because I have it. So not sure if I will renew it or now. I think the price is a bit steep, like $79 isn't it. I'd be ok with $50 or so. It did come in handy when I ordered my Wii and got the next day shipping :D

I have it too-just renewed for my second year. I got the popup offer last year for the 3 month trial, and found it was so convenient that I paid for it when the time came.

What has really paid off for me is the 3.99 overnight shipping - there have been times I needed something fast and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to get it. Plus this last winter, I was iced in for days and weeks at a time-and I could order things from Amazon that I needed but couldn't get out to get. It was a real lifesaver.

Ruth

you must not be too far from me! We didn't have power, much less internet access for over 2 weeks. But, I had written down Amazon's phone number due to a Christmas mishap, and was able to call and order. That was the best idea I think I've ever had. As people were scrambling to get batteries, we had them delivered.

I don't have the prime, and have never tried the free trial. I would like to do the free trial sometime closer to Christmas, but could never justify spending that much money on it to keep it year round. I don't order from Amazon too often, but when I do I never seem to have a problem finding $25.00 worth of stuff to buy!LOL

I have the Prime and I love it. Like the others have said, its so nice to just hop on and order little things and not have to worry about the crazy shipping. The overnight is awesome! I've received big huge heavy shipments for $3.99 overnight. I order books often from Amazon and usually get one or two and shipping used to kill me. I figure if I order twice a mth and save $8 an order on shipping, I'm saving lots of money. Plus, I never have to worry for a couple of times a year when I need something overnighted.

Looking over my orders for the past year, between myself and my son we have placed 32 orders with Amazon-this is only orders that were eligible for Prime shipping, not marketplace orders. Both of us need specialized books on a fairly regular basis and there are no local bookstores that carry what we need, nor could they get them in a timely manner.

I also don't consider Prime to be just free shipping - for me, it is also insurance for the times that I need something quickly and cannot get out to get it due to bad weather or health problems. It has saved me from real problems several times; for instance, this last winter was really bad here in Missouri with ice storms creating havoc, and I was able to get things I needed even when my vehicle was completely ice covered and frozen shut.

Ruth

I am on my 2nd free trial this yr,lol. I LOVE it! I am trying to talk 4 other people into just splitting it with me since you can add four other email addy's to share Prime with! So it would only be like $16 each for the yr. They also give you free 2 day shipping! I order alot for bdays through out the yr and it would even be worth it to me if I had to pay the $80,lol.