Easy & Inexpensive Ideas

beckyraneec

I used to have a list of easy & inexpensive Christmas gifts & I can't find it...

It was for things like M&M;s with a little saying...Little poems you could put with candy, candles, etc...

Anyone have a list of things like this or site I could go to???

I have tried a web search & couldn't find what I was looking for..

Thanks for your help!!!

Check out this site. They have several ideas for cheap and inexpensive gifts.

http://organizedchristmas.com/gifts-and-crafts/stocking-stuffers

I have done the snowman soup and whisk you a merry christmas in the past and they were a big hit.

I have done the whisk you a merry christmas one too and they were a big hit I got my whisk in the dollar section at target and they had santas and snowmen on them..

This one is a personal favorite of mine. I signed up with their newsletter and visit the site often. She has wonderful money saving ideas for year round also.:D

Living On A Dime

http://www.livingonadime.com/articles/homemade-gifts.html

This one seems to have some good ideas also

Better Budgeting

http://www.betterbudgeting.com/articles/money/63giftsunder10dollars.htm

I have more marked in my favorites, all post them when I find them.

This one is a personal favorite of mine. I signed up with their newsletter and visit the site often. She has wonderful money saving ideas for year round also.:D

Living On A Dime

http://www.livingonadime.com/articles/homemade-gifts.html

This one seems to have some good ideas also

Better Budgeting

http://www.betterbudgeting.com/articles/money/63giftsunder10dollars.htm

I have more marked in my favorites, all post them when I find them.

Thank you for the links!

I have made these before. They are aromatherapy heat wraps. You can use rice, dear corn or flax seed. If you use deer corn make sure to shake the bag out outdoors(sometimes there are yucky things in there). You can use essential oils, dried flowers and such to give them scent or to add a desired effect such as lavender for sleep or eucalyptus for cold and allergies. Just be sure that if the recipient has asthma or something similar you avoid anything that might make there symptoms worse.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/87649/homemade_gift_ideas_aromatherapy_rice.html

This one has alot of ideas for kids to make there are different age ranges at the bottom.

http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/gifts_kids_make6-8.html

http://notmadeofmoney.com/blog/2006/11/50-homemade-gift-ideas-from-around-the-web.html

Holy Cow!!! my best friend made me a deer corn heating pad one year and it is the best. I never even thought of her putting smelly good stuff in it. The deer corn stays warm forever, and we throw it in the microwave then put it at the foot of our bed when its real cold so our feet stay warm and the rest of our bodies comfy.

I personally love them because the can be used as moist heat if you spray a little bit of water on them before putting them in the microwave. Whats nice about them is you can personalize them in any color or scent that would suit the person you are making it for. They are very cheap and easy to make. You can easiley use them to treat an array of symptoms with different oils.

Lavender relaxes and relieves stress.

Rosemary stimulates and sharpens the mind.

Geranium reduces stress.

Chamomile reduces stress.

Clary sage is useful for relaxing.

Sandalwood is good for insomnia and depression.

Juniper berry is good for reducing anxiety and anger.

Sweet marjoram is also good for reducing anxiety.

What is deer corn?

Also can you make these if you don't know how to sew and don't own a sewing machine:confused:

It is just deer fed. You can get it anywhere they sell hunting gear. I think even Walmart. You can only get it during deer hunting season though. It would be easier to make with a sewing machine but you don't have to use one. As far as if you can make these with out knowing how to sew I am sure it would be easy to learn, but if you are using deer corn (flax seed and rice would definitely be too small) you could probably make it no sew by using the knot tying technique. You wold just have to make sure that the knots are VERY close together. This might leak though, I am not sure as I have never tried it. It is very simple to make anything with knot tie. You can find instructions here

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/86040/no_sew_holiday_fleece_tied_blanket.html

Those instructions are for a no sew fleece blanket (also a great gift by the way...kids can do it too!), you could possible alter these instructions by filling it with the deer corn. Again I have not tried this, so iI am unsure of what the results would be, but it's an idea.

Thought I'd share an idea for christmas gifts that I am doing this year. I purchased a batter bowl a clearance Christmas towel from the dollar store, a Christmas wisk from Target, Pancake Mix and Syrup. I purchased the syrup and Pancake mix from a Sugarhouse when I was living in Connecticut but you could use coupons and just get Bisquick or make your own mix and put it in a mason jar and just get grocery store syrup. It was inspired buy batter bowls that were on sale last year for 3.00 after Christmas at Sur La Table but you could do this with just an inexpensive mixing bowl. I put everything into the bowl and wrap with cellophane. Altogether these only cost me $10.00 each and I give them as gifts for families (Mom, Dad and Kids) This is kind of in the vein of the movie baskets or game baskets. I attached a picture of the batter bowl from Sur La Table that inspired this. I couldn't find the spatula or the towel in the picture so opted for other cheap alternatives.

Hope this helps someone!

I give the layered jar recipes to my aunts, girl cousins, and sisters in law.

I also have another gift for the sisters in law, because that isn't quite enough, but it seems to be enough for the aunts and cousins, because it is just the thought of it.

Plus-my cousins do not give presents, so it is my way of acknowledging them and I don't ever expect anything in return...I just like to do that...

The favorite (that I've gotten feedback for in past years) is Gingerbread rounds. If anyone want the ingredient list, Id be happy to type it in for you.

I give the layered jar recipes to my aunts, girl cousins, and sisters in law.

I also have another gift for the sisters in law, because that isn't quite enough, but it seems to be enough for the aunts and cousins, because it is just the thought of it.

Plus-my cousins do not give presents, so it is my way of acknowledging them and I don't ever expect anything in return...I just like to do that...

The favorite (that I've gotten feedback for in past years) is Gingerbread rounds. If anyone want the ingredient list, Id be happy to type it in for you.

Hi,There

I like to have the gingerbread round..Thanks:cheesy:

Thought I'd share an idea for christmas gifts that I am doing this year. I purchased a batter bowl a clearance Christmas towel from the dollar store, a Christmas wisk from Target, Pancake Mix and Syrup. I purchased the syrup and Pancake mix from a Sugarhouse when I was living in Connecticut but you could use coupons and just get Bisquick or make your own mix and put it in a mason jar and just get grocery store syrup. It was inspired buy batter bowls that were on sale last year for 3.00 after Christmas at Sur La Table but you could do this with just an inexpensive mixing bowl. I put everything into the bowl and wrap with cellophane. Altogether these only cost me $10.00 each and I give them as gifts for families (Mom, Dad and Kids) This is kind of in the vein of the movie baskets or game baskets. I attached a picture of the batter bowl from Sur La Table that inspired this. I couldn't find the spatula or the towel in the picture so opted for other cheap alternatives.

Hope this helps someone!

I love the Christmas Tree Shoppe,they have lots of great items for christmas and all the holiday..in Ct. I visit there with dh to see his family..I spent 2 hours in that store finds some great name brand item.:eyepoppin

What is deer corn?

Also can you make these if you don't know how to sew and don't own a sewing machine:confused:

I stink at sewing... and I made one with deer corn and fuzzy socks. I got them, on clearance at gordmans. I just filled them full enough that I could still tie a good knot in the end. My SIL and MIL loved them, they had a matched pair. The warm fuzz was perfect for necks and such. But if I can do it anyone can.