>>> Official Black Friday MP3 PLAYER Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

My DD just bought herself the 4 GB iPod and I would like to get her the iHome or something similiar for Christmas. Any suggestions? Doesn't necessarily need to be the apple product, just something that works well and possibly is an alarm clock and cd player too. I am not good with searching these things, I get confused. LOL

TIA!!

Edit to add~ I have been looking through the BF ads and I find several types/brands of these 'docks' that are close to what I am looking for but I don't know a good name from a bad name. I think that is where I need the most help. I want a good deal but I would rather pay a little more and get something that will last. THANKS!!

I am completely clueless about MP3 /IPod's so wou;d appreciate any advise / ideas. Looking for something ds can use while working out, walking across campus, etc. He is sophomore in college any suggestions as to which MP3 or IPod is best, price, place to buy, etc. The older they get the harder it gets. He's happy with cash but would like to get him a couple of gifts also. Thanks for any help!

Buy.com has the Microsoft Zune 30GB Digital Multimedia Device (Brown)- Audio Player, Video Player, Photo Viewer, FM Tuner - 3" LCD - 30GB Hard Drive for $99.99. If you use Google checkout you can get an additional $10 off or if you want to apply for the Buy.com visa card they will take $30 off your first purchase. The brown one is the only one avaliable for this price but you cant beat the price and it has good reviews on the site.

I don't know if any of you would be interested in these or not but I do alot of my shopping from geeks.com and so far have had good luck with the items I've bought. Here is a couple of links to some mp3 players (first two are not name brands) they have on sale right now:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=YADA2G&cat=MP3

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BLK-HS-260-2GB&cat=MP3

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=H100A-R&cat=MP3&cpc=MP3bsc

[This one is refurbished but I bought one like this last year refurbished and mine is still playing just fine)

Peggy

I have purchased refurbished ipod nanos for my kids directly from Apple's online store. Apple includes a one year warranty and we have never had any problems with them. Currently they have the 2 gb silver nano for $79 and the 4 gb color nanos for $99. They have the 1 gb color shuffles for $49 and they have higher capacity ones as well. They also ship the nanos for free.

Zune or Ipod nano????? I was going to get my two older boys the 4 gb ipod nano for Christmas, but now TRU has the 30 gb Zune for $80, so which is better? I need major help here. It seems to me that the Zune is a better deal, but I don't know anything about either one. Hellpppp!!!!!

My dd (12) and DH both have a 1 gig Sandisk Sansa....we got them on BF last year. They work well enough, never had any issues with them other than it's small, DH needs a much larger one, but it was a good starter. We paid $35 for them.

I got a Sansa e130 2 BF's ago and had to replace it not 1 month later. I got it at Staples, and they were very good about exchanging it. I ended up a few months later getting ANOTHER one - this time I went through Sansa. Same problem - just died for no reason.

I haven't used it (the newest one) much - but low and behold - I go to use it today - and it's dead. :mad: I am really pissed.

I guess I am going to add an MP3 player to my Christmas list.... :rolleyes:

I know that a lot of MP3 players come with an FM tuner, but is there such a thing as an MP3 player with an AM tuner?

Thanks to the advent of Mp3 players, I rarely ever listen to music radio stations. It's almost always Talk Radio if I listen to the radio at all, these days.

It's a good deal at Toys R US for the 30G Zune on the day after thanksgiving. However that's most likely only on the brown one and I have heard a lot of people having problems with the Zune Software and problems with Digital Rights Management.

The WiFi sharing and nice video player are both a BIG plus however. I don't think I could turn down a pink one ;-)

I am assuming that all ipods will be the same price everywhere I go.. those dont go on sale do they?

Yeah, pretty much... Today is the last day of this sale, but Best Buy is giving free iTunes gift cards with iPod purchases. That's typically the best deal.

However, Apple sent out e-mails to announce a sale on BF. Go here to read more: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=90245