Personal Shopping Assistants on Black Friday experiences??

DramaQueenLucy

I used a personal shopper last Black Friday and it was really cool. I e-mailed her my list on Wednesday night and then on BF she came and saw me in line and asked if anything had changed, if I had tickets for the items that I e-mailed her and told me to go directly to the service desk and give my name and the tickets to claim my stuff. It worked like a charm and I was in and out of the store in 30 minutes.

Any other experiences with a PSA on Black Friday??

Sooo many people were mad at me last year. HEHEHE:p

I have my PS in my cell phone (use her all the time) and thanks to GD I had my full list of items emailed to her several days in advance. She pulled everything except the ticketed items. We were camped out so that was fine.

Doors opened got in, got our ticket items she walked us to the register with all the stuff she pulled and were out of there in 30 minutes.

Its the best, sanest way to go. I have had her first appointment since they started the program and as long as she's there I have that slot :)

I would love to do it too but I do not think our Best Buy offers it. Are there any other stores that do it?

The best way to find out is to go to the Best Buy website and use the store finder. Type in your zip code and start calling your local BB stores and as if they have a PSA program. They wont be taking reservations until Nov 2 2007.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12090&type=page&isCarFi=null

I'm a guy, and when I called them asking to sign up for this program, they told me that they had it, but that it was actually catered towards women. So I asked if that meant that I couldn't do it. They responded that women had priority and if not enough people called, they'd call me back...needless to say, they never called me back...

Is Best Buy the only place that does this? We don't have one.

There are other high end stores that have personal shoppers but as far as a main stream retail store BB is the only one that has this program and as I stated in my FAQ there are only a few stores that have this program. You just have to call around in your area.

• 2 weeks later...

There are other high end stores that have personal shoppers but as far as a main stream retail store BB is the only one that has this program and as I stated in my FAQ there are only a few stores that have this program. You just have to call around in your area.

Sorry, just read the OP and responded to that... Need to pay better attention...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a guy, and when I called them asking to sign up for this program, they told me that they had it, but that it was actually catered towards women. So I asked if that meant that I couldn't do it. They responded that women had priority and if not enough people called, they'd call me back...needless to say, they never called me back...

That is total BS on BB's part- they can't legally say that, much less do it!

The BB near me will do the PSA on any day but that day. Last year I signed up 2 months ahead for that day, and then the wed before they called and said they will not be able to provide that service to me.

What a crock that was.

The BB by me didn't do the PS program but one about 45 minutes away did.I emailed the list and drove up on BF morning. I didn't get in line for the ticket items but the line was super long. They had me go to the service doors in back with my car and let me in before anyone else.My stuff was in carts in the service bay. I looked everything over checked my list and she rang me up right there.The guys loaded my car and when the doors to the store opened I was on my way home. I never had to step foot in the actual store and my shopping was done. Off to the next store.... I will do it again this year..

I had something completely different a couple years ago. I may be off on my numbers because I can't remember exactly, but you'll get the idea. Around 3:30 or so a bunch of employees came outside and each of them took about 6 people's orders. As far as I knew it it was for anything in the BF ad. No tickets were given for anything. We were the last people to give the guy our order. We were between 30-50th in line...I think. Anyway, about 30 minutes before they opened, the PSA came out and got their "clients" and we went in. They took us to our cart which was already in line, waited for a bit, paid, and were on our way out when they were opening the doors for everyone else that didn't have a PSA, which of course was hundreds of people. It was the most amazing experience ever. I was not in KC at this time for those of you who see I'm in Olathe. I don't know if BB's in KC do it or not.

Is there a time limit as to when you have to pickup your items from your psa or can you pick them up anytime that day?

I've noticed that the line outside to get in tends to shrink later in the day.

Welcome to the community! You have to make an appt with your PSA to pick up your items. if you want any doorbuster items like laptops, desktops, TVs or anything like that you MUST camp out and get your tickets for the doorbuster items. The tickets will promise you the item to 11am local time. After that the items not spoken for will be thrown on the sales floor for anyone to buy.

Okay, I called my local BB and yes they do have PSA's, so I asked if there were any days they didn't offer the service he said NO, so I asked how I could schedule one, he told me to just go to the front door and ask for one. "What about the day after Thanksgiving?, "Oh, they'll probably be too busy for it on that day!" What???? So they do have PSA's, there aren't any days they don't offer them, but you can't get one on Black Friday? Do you think I should call someone else?:confused:

My experience was not that great, but mostly my fault. You see, I told other people about it and they wanted in.

I orginally made the appointment for just myself (1st slot of the day) but then added a friend on with my order. Then a relative wanted a new TV, by the time everything was said and done it was 2 or 3 cars full of stuff. This added quite a bit of time to our appointment. So, my advice, if you are shopping with someone else, make sure they schedule their own PSA or schedule the slot right after yours so y'all have plenty of time.

Oh, as far as the breakfast, I won't expect much this year. Last year we were offered some store bought sugar cookies and warm Sunny Delight to wash 'em down. I politely passed on both.

So, for a free service, it's great because they (at least mine did) work their tails off to pull all the product and fight the crowd for you. Lastly, if you arrive early enough, try to park (back-in) near the mobile install bay as that is the most likely location for the staging/check-out area. But, make sure you are parking in a legal spot, you wouldn't want to have to carry your loot home.

I just stopped in my local BB and they told me that they will be taking spots Nov 2. I would double check your spot. I am in North Texas.

I called my Best Buy as well and they told me Nov 2....snickstx I would definitely double check that one.

I am fairly certain that I am fine because she pulled up my PSA or RZ history on the phone (mentioned how much I spent last year), scheduled the appointment, scheduled the pre-appointment, confirmed contact info and traded emails. She also mentioned that she was the only PSA at that store right now and was glad I called so early. Maybe I just got lucky.

Thanks for you concern though.

I am fairly certain that I am fine because she pulled up my PSA or RZ history on the phone (mentioned how much I spent last year), scheduled the appointment, scheduled the pre-appointment, confirmed contact info and traded emails. She also mentioned that she was the only PSA at that store right now and was glad I called so early. Maybe I just got lucky.

Thanks for you concern though.

I would double check around Nov 2. Have fun :)

• 2 weeks later...