What do you do the night of Christmas???

nedsw33

I'm sure alot of you just sit around and relax or play with your new gadgets on Christmas night, but what do you others do?

Me and two of my friends started Christmas night bowling about 8yrs ago and it's become a huge tradition with us all. Nowadays, each year about 15 people show up on the night of the 25th at the same bowling alley. It's pretty fun, get to talk about everyone's day and what they got. Can't wait till this year!!!

I spend time with my 3 best friends. They bring presents for my boys and we give them theirs. We usually have a few cocktails and watch the kids play with their new things. It's my favorite part of the day after watching the kids first thing in the morning. (nothing beats the look on their faces when they 1st see all that Santa has left) My hubby usually cooks something good for us to eat too.

We have 2 small kids so we stay home. We host Christmas dinner and do not eat until at least 5 pm so we usually still have a house full until late Christmas night so we will all sit around watching a new movie or two or playing a new board game that someone got.

Collapse! LOL

We just mellow out, it is so hectic up to Christmas morning, I am exhausted and love just hanging around and playing with the kids. We eat around 1 (parents choice, I would prefer later in the day) so everything is done by about 2 ish.....

I'm cleaning everything up for the next day because of all the day care kids that will be coming..

I do daycare too. This year and every year after I will be taking the day after Christmas off. I am usually so tired from everything I feel I need an extra day. It also gives my kids some quiet time too without extra kids running around. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about being able to go to the after-christmas sales!

This year my house will be quite and clean and that is because we will be .... in WDW!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be in florida from 12/18-26th on Xmas Eve we eat at Cinderellas castle breakfast and go to Hoop Dee Doo for dinner and Xmas day we will be in the parks all day lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and dinner at Crystal Palace!

We have never been at Xmas and we know it will be crowded but we will still have fun just be cause we are together. Kids know they are getting the trip so not getting to many gifts under the tree and Santa still needs to show up too.

I have a large extended family, usually the younger adults take the children out to the movies. While the older family visits a bit more talking, watching a dvd, and/or playing a board game.

Once hubby and I arrive home we clean up the mess we tend to make earlier in the day getting ready to visit friends and family that will not be at our family dinner later in the afternoon.

Then I to set my mind on after Christmas sales the next day or later that morning since we never get home until after 1AM.

If I'm in CT we go to the movies, and then I sleep over at my mom's with my sisters and we make our lists of where we are going shopping the next day.

If we are in NJ with my boyfriends family, we just hang out, eat, look at our stuff, and then C and I make our lists of where we want to go the next day.

• 1 month later...

We open our Christmas stockings on Christmas night before bed. The kids always

would complain that after they opened their gifts Christmas was "over" so for

about the past 15 years or so..we have Christmas day and of course open presents

in the am and eat etc but at night we open our stockings, one by one, slowly

and then we know that Christmas is truly over. It always has given the kids something

to look forward too..maybe candy..maybe a cd..maybe a scratch ticket...I try to

make it new and different each year, maybe a theme, all music or all games or

all food..it varies.