Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Favorite Holiday Song

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 msdarkness  OFFLINE  

msdarkness

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 3, 2007 - 6:27 am

Carol of the Bells and following close second is Baby its cold outside by Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel as well as What child is this

#32 mgmckny  OFFLINE  

mgmckny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 3, 2007 - 6:40 am

Boy, what a toughie. I love them all but I still get chills when I hear O Holy Night. Also most of Handel's Messiah. The boys hate driving with me. I start Christmas music the day after Halloween. In fact I have a cheapie MP3 player that is still loaded with music. Another song I love to hear and sing along to (sorry boys) is Christmas Cookies.

#33 dealluvr  OFFLINE  

dealluvr

• 7,300 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 3, 2007 - 6:41 am

billy squire all i want for christmas is you

#34 jdrd90  OFFLINE  

jdrd90

• 1,502 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 3, 2007 - 8:39 pm

When Christmas comes to town from The Polar Express Christmas shoes Away in a manger Where are you Christmas from The grinch (Faith Hill) Believe What child is this and of course the good ol' oldies Silent Night, Santa Clause is coming to town......
I Believe

#35 jdoug  OFFLINE  

jdoug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 4, 2007 - 7:09 pm

Adeste Fidelis- Andrea Bocelli Baby its cold outside - Dean Martin Silver Bells

#36 Livestrong4ever  OFFLINE  

Livestrong4ever

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 12, 2007 - 2:03 pm

"Christmas Cookies and Holiday Hearts"
...thats the way the holiday starts...goody, goody, yum, yum, yum.

I haven't heard that song in years, but remember it word by word from listening to the record over and over again when I was a kid.

#37 Kandy  OFFLINE  

Kandy

• 6,064 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2007 - 1:35 am

Mary did you know? Drummer Boy

#38 mccabefamily29  OFFLINE  

mccabefamily29

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 2, 2007 - 9:50 am

All I want for Christmas (is my two front teeth)...he he that is the kid in me !

#39 doublehsmom  OFFLINE  

doublehsmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 2, 2007 - 10:38 am

I love all the chirstmas music and my dh hates is and wont listen to it so he has to wear head phones when weare in the car on chirstmas..or when I'm cooking or decorating ..but most of the time when I'm cooking or decorating hes hunting..

#40 zoemariesmamma  OFFLINE  

zoemariesmamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 7, 2007 - 7:51 pm

Morris the Moose! Best Christmas song ever! Too bad only 5 people have ever heard of it! I remember listening to it as long as I can remember Christmas!

#41 BF in Iowa  OFFLINE  

BF in Iowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 8, 2007 - 11:32 am

Mine is too rarely played: "The Holly and the Ivy" Favorite Christmas show: How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Hands down - loved it as a kid and still love it today. "Little Cindy Lou Who, who was no more than 2..."

#42 kellane26  OFFLINE  

kellane26

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 8, 2007 - 12:22 pm

Jingle Bell Rock Why is it that Christmas songs stick in your head more than any other song?

#43 Turtle Mommy  OFFLINE  

Turtle Mommy

Bargain Shopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 8, 2007 - 12:24 pm

Christmas shoes! I actually love ALL Christmas music. I am already listening to it. :o:o

#44 lisajonathan00  OFFLINE  

lisajonathan00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 8, 2007 - 12:31 pm

Silent Night is my fav. but I love all holidays songs.

#45 Mikesgirl  OFFLINE  

Mikesgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 8, 2007 - 1:20 pm

DD7 loves Grandma got ran over by a Reindeer

#46 mgmckny  OFFLINE  

mgmckny

• 2,837 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 8, 2007 - 3:15 pm

I actually love ALL Christmas music. I am already listening to it. :o:o

Me too actually. Had to work ot on Saturday and I put the headphones on and listened to favorites all day long!:angel1:
“Next to a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho :yup:

#47 majestyka  OFFLINE  

majestyka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 8, 2007 - 3:18 pm

I think my favorite is Angels We Have Heard on High.

#48 blakes_mommy  OFFLINE  

blakes_mommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 9, 2007 - 2:24 pm

Merry Christmas Darling - The Carpenters What are you doing new years eve? My grown up christmas list - Amy Grant

#49 Miss Star  OFFLINE  

Miss Star

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 9, 2007 - 3:34 pm

I definitely have to go with "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus" I can't remember a Christmas where my mom didn't put in the Lynn Anderson Christmas C.D. and listen to it while wrapping gifts and she would always turn it up a little bit louder when this song came on :)

my lips are glossed but my heart is weak

#50 Gporter34  OFFLINE  

Gporter34

• 3,957 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 10, 2007 - 11:07 am

My favorites are All I want For Christmas is You, Mary Did You Know, I'll Be Home For Christmas. My favorite Christmas CD's are all of my Elvis Christmas cd's, Trans Siberian Orchestra, and Motown Christmas cd.

#51 amos311  OFFLINE  

amos311

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 10, 2007 - 5:49 pm

All time favorite: Carol of the Bells, hands down. More recent favorites are both by Trans Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 and Wizards in Winter. Love them!

#52 nellyhill  OFFLINE  

nellyhill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 11, 2007 - 11:25 am

Mary Did You Know and Breath Of Heaven. I love them all but those are my favs.
Your mind is like a parachute, it only works if its open.
You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

#53 angel-too  OFFLINE  

angel-too

I need my retail therapy!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 11, 2007 - 1:52 pm

Anything on Celine Dion's Christmas CD. I put it on while decorating. Her voice is so powerful, gives me goosebumps!!!!

#54 four_riderz  OFFLINE  

four_riderz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 14, 2007 - 6:33 pm

Morris the Moose! Best Christmas song ever! Too bad only 5 people have ever heard of it! I remember listening to it as long as I can remember Christmas!

I LOVE Morris the Moose! My sibs & I grew up listening to an old LP called "Christmas is for Kids." It had Donner & Blitzen, Roly Poly the Polar Bear, The Day Before the Night Before Christmas, 10,000 Santa Clauses, Who's That Up On the Roof..

I spent alot of time last year tracking down that lp, and finally found it. I ordered it in cd format, burned some copies & surprised my brother, sisters & mom at Christmas-time. They loved it. But the best part is that all my nieces & nephews, as well as my own kids, will be continuing our silly family tradition. That cd played in my car for months after Christmas. :holiday16

#55 Princess7915  OFFLINE  

Princess7915

• 1,018 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2007 - 6:55 pm

I'm Dreaming of a White Chrismas Carol of the Bells Where are You Christmas I like so many- I just love holiday music. We always decorate our tree to Kenny G christmas CD because sometimes it's nice to just hear the melody of the music without the singing.

#56 zoemariesmamma  OFFLINE  

zoemariesmamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2007 - 6:25 am

I LOVE Morris the Moose! My sibs & I grew up listening to an old LP called "Christmas is for Kids." It had Donner & Blitzen, Roly Poly the Polar Bear, The Day Before the Night Before Christmas, 10,000 Santa Clauses, Who's That Up On the Roof..

I spent alot of time last year tracking down that lp, and finally found it. I ordered it in cd format, burned some copies & surprised my brother, sisters & mom at Christmas-time. They loved it. But the best part is that all my nieces & nephews, as well as my own kids, will be continuing our silly family tradition. That cd played in my car for months after Christmas. :holiday16

that is so wonderful! someone from the boards actually sent it to me last year (my fav gift by far)..it is a record and my then 4 year old was so impressed by what a big cd it was!:giggle:

#57 imginah  OFFLINE  

imginah

Rabid Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2007 - 7:08 am

OMG I am a Christmas Carol JUNKIE! I LOVE THEM ALLLLLLLLL!!! There is one that has been stuck in my head for the entire year... SERIOUSLY I don't know the name but it's kind of operatic and it goes... "la la la la merry christmas... la la la la la la la la" hehe I have been la laing since last December!
Wild Worldly Woman

#58 kselzer  OFFLINE  

kselzer

• 1,301 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 23, 2007 - 5:46 am

I love the Chipmunk's Christmas cd. Had it as a kid and still love it. :holiday16
:)

#59 pmdemey  OFFLINE  

pmdemey

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 23, 2007 - 6:06 am

12 pains of christmas

#60 mgmckny  OFFLINE  

mgmckny

• 2,837 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 23, 2007 - 3:39 pm

12 pains of christmas

I love that song! I also like Yellow Snow and many more (I have 4 CD's from that bunch)! :cheesy:
“Next to a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho :yup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users