Whats you favorite thing about The Holidays?

jarerice

I love the lights even though my dh won't put any on our house. Thinking back on my childhood that was such a magical thing. Driving down the street and seeing all the houses decorated. I have to admit that last year only a handful were actually decorated in our entire neighborhood this year! I also love to see others open the gifts that I've given them. I take a lot of time and try to find just the perfect unexpected item that they would never ask for but secretly want!

I love the lights and the smells and buying gifts, but what I really love is that people seem to get along so much more during Christmas. People actually say thank you and are tolerant (except on BF), and just seem happier. That's what I enjoy. Maybe I'm nuts!:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
In my family, I'm the youngest of 8 and I have a huge extended family. Not all of us make it home every Christmas, but most of us do. I love to be with all of my family and the craziness of all the kids running around excited about what they got from Santa. Our tradition is to get up the next morning, pack the new toys in the van and drive to Pigeon Forge TN to a cabin that we have rented. It is a beautiful part of the country and we get to spend quality time with the kids.

I love the smell of cookies baking, hot cocoa, good hot coffee, the lights, the packages. I like to go out driving and looking at the lights. My MIL can't drive at night anymore so we picked her up last year and went out a few days before Christmas. I got Starbucks for me (no one else wanted it and I know, in NE Florida it's not really cold, but I can dream...) and had the radio on low on a station w/ 24 hour Christmas music. We had a blast and I'm already planning another tour of the city!

I love decorating my house, baking cookies with my kids and family, the snow-if we get any- wrapping presents, the countdown to christmas, my kids get sooooo excited, Opening presents, family get togethers even though my sister's fiancee passed away 2 yrs ago during Christmas....so sad, he was only 23, so we will hold a candlelight vigil for Eric.