What time are you gonna get in line on BF'07?

nedsw33

How Early are You Planning to Go Out BF?  

619 members have voted

1. 1. How Early are You Planning to Go Out BF?

• After stores open
    • Just about opening time (5 AM or later opening)
    • ½ Hour before (4:30AM)
    • 1 Hour before (4 AM)
    • 2 Hours before (3 AM)
    • 3 Hours before (2 AM)
    • 4 Hours before (1 AM)
    • 5 Hours before (Midnight)
    • 6-12 Hours before (5-11 PM Thanksgiving)
    • Earlier Thanksgiving Day
    • Wednesday 11/21

We go to Best Buy we go every year between 6-8am on Thanksgiving Day...sometimes we are first sometimes there are others in front of us but there is alway the same family some where close to us and we tailgate in the Best Buy parking lot, the kids play then later on in the evening the little ones get picked up by Grammy and the rest of us play cards or board games it is always a lot of fun.

I save the turkey for a sandwich after shopping....:yup:

yeah, I would LLOOVVEE to get one of those huge flat panel HD tv's... unfortunately I don't think it's in the budget for now. We're trying to get the mortgage paid off in 15yrs (instead of 30) so there's not too much extra $$$ available.:)

yeah, I would LLOOVVEE to get one of those huge flat panel HD tv's... unfortunately I don't think it's in the budget for now. We're trying to get the mortgage paid off in 15yrs (instead of 30) so there's not too much extra $$$ available.:)

Yeah I hear you on that....I start saving every Aug for the following year Black Friday...this year thanks to the survey forum I have amazon gc's to add to my Christmas shopping...Thank goodness for GottaDeal:D

Thankfully I don't need electronics. So I avoid Best Buy and Circuit City like the plague. Just too crazy for me

I usually hit Walmart first as they match items then usually Target and Walgreens. Last year Walmart matched most of everything I needed and Walgreens allowed us to check out before 6:30am (supposed to start at 7am) so I was home by 7am. Nice quick BF for me and I got 100% of everything as well as some impulse buys

Is getting in line at BB on Halloween too late?

Honestly, many years from now, as I've noticed people tend to get in line earlier every year, that really wouldn't surprise me one little bit. Just bring lots of waterless shampoo, plenty of deoderant, a large suitcase, mini fridge, grill, and maybe a portable generator for your laptop so you don't have to call in to work for a month. Just set up a tent and you're guaranteed one of those plasma-screen hdtv's.

Isn't it sad that people like me actually think up ways to pull off this stuff?

:gdpsycho:

:lmao:

Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me one bit. Few years back a brand new Kohl's, a mega-huge furniture store, opened up just outside Tempe on the I-10 freeway. They offered a prize to the first 100 or so people in the doors. Don't remember what it was exactly, but the bid deal was the rumor that Kolh's ws giving the very first person in the door a new complete home furniture set. The dude that won it got in line a FULL WEEK before they opened. The lady that came in second got in line a few days later. Now that is what I call dedication. :shock:

I'm wondering if the trend of offering BF deals online may start leaking to the Doorbuster items.

think of it, if you drive the people to the websites, you can eliminate that bad press of grannies getting trampled on BF. Not to mention not having to deal with the overhead of allocating stock in the stores.

That may be one of the new wrinkles this year. At least I'm thinking that may be...

-Mike

I'm wondering if the trend of offering BF deals online may start leaking to the Doorbuster items.

think of it, if you drive the people to the websites, you can eliminate that bad press of grannies getting trampled on BF. Not to mention not having to deal with the overhead of allocating stock in the stores.

That may be one of the new wrinkles this year. At least I'm thinking that may be...

-Mike

Most of the press I've seen has been positive towards BF, but I've also seen the media warning about BF and the images they play of those poor grannies getting stampeded. Don't think that happens much anymore since most places now have plenty of security.

Far as offering doorbusters online, Best Buy did that last year with most of their doorbusters. If I recall correctly, the items went from offline to IN STOCK at midnite or something and you had to be pretty quick on the click. I got the 250GB external hard drive online. Not a doorbuster, but a sale item. Did notice they had the cheap desktop and laptop from the doorbusters, but they went very fast and was out of stock real quick.

There will be no need to go wait on line sooooooo long and waste my Thanksgiving day! Last year I got my 51" Hitachi CRT Projection for $699 online from Bestbuy and I went to Staples at 2am to get the Mio Digiwalker and 400gb external hard drive. I made out well.

They just opened a new Super Walmart here this year so for the first time I'll be able to go in on Thanksgiving day as well as BF. :) I just hope they remember those of us that are mobility challenged when they are setting out the pallets of doorbusters for BF. I have to use a scooter to get around in there and some areas are hard enough to navigate already with stuff crammed too close together. The clothing depts. are really bad about that. I'll also have to get there early anyway to get a scooter to use since they go faster than a good BF electronics deal (some people who DON'T need them will get them anyway :mad:) but the bright side is that if I can snag one, for once I won't have to worry about being hit in the back of the leg with a cart. ;)

I need a laptop for my oldest son. Will probably have to camp out at best buy which is something I have never done in the past. I don't usually go to Best Buy until later in the afternoon as it is way down on my list - I usually price match items that I need from there at WalMart but this year with the computer, I don't see that happening.

usually I haven't needed the electronics so I hit the stores with the best deals on whatI need or FRYE's electronics, but I would LOVE to pick up a laptop this year... and a wii but I hope to buy that this month because I don't think it will be part of b.f. Never had a problem getting cameras, scanners, etc. because it seems like there is just so much competion that the stores around here have so many of them..jmo

Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me one bit. Few years back a brand new Kohl's, a mega-huge furniture store, opened up just outside Tempe on the I-10 freeway. They offered a prize to the first 100 or so people in the doors. Don't remember what it was exactly, but the bid deal was the rumor that Kolh's ws giving the very first person in the door a new complete home furniture set. The dude that won it got in line a FULL WEEK before they opened. The lady that came in second got in line a few days later. Now that is what I call dedication. :shock:

I think you meant the Ikea store, Chief.

Most of the press I've seen has been positive towards BF, but I've also seen the media warning about BF and the images they play of those poor grannies getting stampeded. Don't think that happens much anymore since most places now have plenty of security.

During BF '05 those poor grannies tried to stampede me. :gdgirlfight3ol:

During BF '05 those poor grannies tried to stampede me. :gdgirlfight3ol:

You gotta keep your eyes open for some of those grannies. They mean business and they'll do anything to get what they came for, including knocking you over into a endcap of Elmo toys if you get in their way...

Yeah I hear you on that....I start saving every Aug for the following year Black Friday...this year thanks to the survey forum I have amazon gc's to add to my Christmas shopping...Thank goodness for GottaDeal:D

I'd give anything to be in that spot. I *just* started doing surveys though. I'm not sure if I can make it happen in time.