Jeans for chubby girl

I like the Old Navy half sizes. They are more friendly than the plus sizing at other stores. My daughter is ten but my height and size but she needs clothing that is child appropriate.

I'll second this. The half sizes at Old Navy are exactly the same as the regular sizes in length but they are wider in the waist/hip/thigh areas. I know this because I bought some for my dd when she was too big for a 10 but to small for a 12. I got the 10 1/2 thinking that they would work, nope. They were too short in the length and too big at the top (she's thin), it was rather funny looking.

goodys carries 1/2 sizes to for chunkier girls...and even if they are not chunky..if you dont want to take them up to jrs you can go down in size and get 1/2 size..for example...my dd wore 12 regular kids and I got her 81/2 and fit her the same...but they was capris so I dont know about the length...sorry

I'll second this. The half sizes at Old Navy are exactly the same as the regular sizes in length but they are wider in the waist/hip/thigh areas. I know this because I bought some for my dd when she was too big for a 10 but to small for a 12. I got the 10 1/2 thinking that they would work, nope. They were too short in the length and too big at the top (she's thin), it was rather funny looking.

Okay, I take back what I said above. I just found the jeans I bought as I was getting my yard sale stuff together and they are Arizona, not Old Navy and I bought 12 1/2 plus not 10 1/2...sheesh, lol. Anyway they came from JC Penny.

You didn't say what size you needed but if by chance it's a 12 1/2 pm me and you can have these. They have been washed but never worn.

:)

I'm not sure how old your niece is, but I have a chubby daughter. We have a LOT of success at the Deb store. They have a Plus Size section for girls...and carry the same styles as the other section...the clothes are just cut a little wider. Not all Deb stores carry this section in their store, but a lot of them do. Generally, its 1/2 the store regular sizes and 1/2 the store Plus Sizes. Everything from prom dresses, homecoming dresses, to shoes, swimsuits, jeans, shorts, jackets, etc...they carry it. If you have any questions, just PM me. I've dealt with this all her life and she's 14 now. I may have other suggestions for you depending on her age, etc. Good luck!!

I have found all the stores listed in the above posts have worked for my girls. I have a shorter child though and some of the 1/2 sizes were still too long so I would buy capri pants when they went on seasonal clearance and they fit her well all the way down to the ankles like a pair of jeans.

i have bought a lot of jeans and other clothes at jcpenney just like everyone else for my daughter. you might also want to try kmart and look at the petit jeans. my daughter just got 3 pairs of jeans there (she is plus size) and i think that they were either size 16 or 18. i am thrilled because i won't have to hem any of them and they only cost me $6 each!! i have also had alot of luck with the shirts there because she is short and the shirts fit her perfectly.

Sears has a wide selection of plus sized girls merchandise. If you have a JCPenney outlet store, they have nice jeans and things like gowns, jackets and T-shirts in plus sizes. I also agree that Old Navy has some really nice stuff.

My DD is in a size 10/12 in waist, but 8 in length. I love Old Navy half sizes. 8 1/2 fits her great. We also buy capris & they fit like jeans, lol. But the biggest lifesaver has been the stretch capris & leggings they have at Target. They are 4.99, and come in a million colors. I think we may own at least 2 of every color, lol.

I just left sears I was looking for clothes for my daughter but they didnt have any good deals in her size..But all the plus size were 50% off and then 40% off of that price.They had shirts like that too that were about $2 with the discounts, they also had panties and under shirts. The size were 8-16 with 1/2 sizes.