Wii Question

My Best Buy had them in stock when I was in there on Saturday. You'd have missed them if you weren't looking. There was a little cardboard sign that said "Wii's in stock" sitting on the floor underneath the Wii games.

The nunchucks are used for boxing and I think a few of the games use them too.

Keep an eye on Circuit City as they are the only ones who have put the Wii games on sale. I've picked up 3 so far for $39.99 (instead of $49.99).

My kids 16 & 12 love Excite Truck too.

We've decided that we are going to rent games first before we buy them as we have now bought 3 games that we cannot stand to play (or we're too stupid to figure them out).

Definately get a controller for everyone.

If you plan on buying the older games thru the Wii channel, you'll need a classic controller.

Remember that you can also play Gamecube games on the Wii as well, they are not as expensive - but you have to have separate controllers for them.

We love our Wii and we got it almost a year ago.

Oh and I've been advised to preorder the Guitar game for Christmas.

DEFINITELY! I already pre-ordered mine cuz that's all my son and his friends have been talking about. There are a ton of great games coming out for the wii between now and xmas. I would suggest going to gamestop and pre-ordering some of the titles now. Especially Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers, and Mario & Sonic Olympic Games. Yes you'll pay full price, but it beats pulling your hair out and running around town trying to find them when they hit the shelves in Nov. :yup:

My DS10 and DD9 are getting one for xmas and was wondering about the Mario8 game. I have heard that it is kinda young and my kids won't like it for long. It was one that I had planned on getting for them but if it's not going to last with them why bother. Is this true or not?

Any other game suggestions?

TIA

We got the Wii and my 3 (almost 4) year old son is addicted to Wii Sports and Carnival Games. He beats us in Bowling, Golf and most of the Carnival Games!! Wal Mart tends to have some games priced cheaper than Best Buy, etc so I check back there often for games...

We got Super Swing Golf for $25 (regular price there) at Wal mart and it is $50 at Toys R Us, Best Buy, etc... They also have Ice Age 2 for $20 for the Wii and it is $40 everywhere else.

Anyone know if my 3 (almost 4) year old could play Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz?

My DS10 and DD9 are getting one for xmas and was wondering about the Mario8 game. I have heard that it is kinda young and my kids won't like it for long. It was one that I had planned on getting for them but if it's not going to last with them why bother. Is this true or not?

Any other game suggestions?

TIA

My DD16 and DD12 love MP8. I think it's fun too and I'm way older than they are. There are so many different combos that you won't get bored.

WarioWaves is fun too. My girls also love Tony Hawk Skateboard and any type of driving games.

Well I'll jump in this thread as I myself have a Wii (and I'm 19 (20 in November) by the way)

I can say out of all three consoles: The wii, Xbox360 and the PS3 is the funnest. Don't get me wrong I love all three and wouldn't mind owning them, but I went with a wii because of it's price and it's fun value not the graphics, but then to be quite the graphics pretty darn impressive even though they don't stack up against the other two.

As for accessories. I don't think you'll really need an SD card, I have one and really don't use. I only got it because CC had a 1GB model for $2.99 on BF.

To be safe I say get Wiimote and a Nunchuk. However you can do as others suggested, get Wii Play which comes with a Wiimote then all you need is to buy a Nunchuk separately. I've found that with the bundled Wii Sports that unless the whole family wants to all play tennis at the same time you really needn't more then two wiimotes and nunchuks. Now you do not need any classic controllers, because if you have a gamecube controller that will be sufficient for any and all Virtual Console games you may want to buy.

Now as for games, there's plenty out and plenty coming out. Right now the big games I would suggest are:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - You're oldest would love this game.

Excite Truck - It'll take a few tries to fully understand all the controllers and know what you're doing, but once you nail that down you're kids will love this game.

WarioWare: Smooth Moves - I wouldn't say this was my favorite game (considering you have to complete the single player component first before you can do multiplayer) but the critics love this game and I think it's quite fun. Your children and you would enjoy this game.

Super Paper Mario - As others said you're oldest might enjoy this a little more. I won't say it's Nintendo's best game to buy right now, but it's quite fun nonetheless.

Mario Party 8 - If one game needed to give you a reason to buy 4 Wiimotes, this game is it. I've played Mario party 1, 2, 3, 4 very heavily when they came out and I still do (somewhat). I've never played 5, 6, & 7 and I've heard mixed reviews on those. I've read mixed reviews on Mario Party 8 as well, but I can honestly say despite the reviews I felt this was a great edition to the series and you're children would love it.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - This is quite possibly the best game out there right now. It has amazing visuals, and the gameplay and controllers are amazing and very simple to work with (and no that fact is not a con in any way) You're oldest will most definitely love this game, especially if he's played the first two Metroid Primes!

Now that's all for what's out now. As for what's coming up (I'll give you a brief on the big titles as you can check out websites like Ign.com or gamespot.com to get a better look at what's coming)

On, November 12th, Super Mario Galaxy comes out and I can say this will more then likely be the best Mario game to date. Your children will definitely enjoy this game, no doubt!

On December 3rd, quite possibly one of the biggest games in Nintendo history will be coming out: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - You're oldest will definitely I mean definitely, hopefully, love this game! This game is the number one game I want this holiday season. You can get loads of info at Smashbros.com. This game hasn't be confirmed to have Wi-Fi yet, but if I know Nintendo I'm fairly confident it will, but don't hold me to that.

Now one other game coming out in the Spring of 2008 is Mario Kart for the Wii. The game will come with a Steering Wheel casing for your Wiimote to fit in (yes this means more then likely you'd have to buy extra steering wheels so all participants can get the full enjoyment out of this great game). I can tell you right now that this game is confirmed to have Online Wi-Fi Multiplayer, which will include battle mode and up to at least 8 characters but the rumors are there will be 16. This will be one amazing game (I hope) I positive your children will love this game.

Also one more thing on the side note of accessories. If you have an HDTV make sure you definitely get some Wii Component Cables. I recommend the officials from Nintendo because they're not that expensive if you look around and plus it comes with the Nintendo Quality Seal of Approval so you know they have to be good.

Well I can I am fairly update to on everything that goes down with the wii, and if you have any questions just ask. Also if you want more details about the Wii Fit (No I can't tell when it comes out as that info hasn't been released yet) you can go to gametrailers.com. That site features tons of Standard Definition and High Definition videos of games coming out as well stuff such as developers conferences and such.

Forgive my lengthy reply but I felt like I was due for one, heh.

My cousin wants one for her Ds but every order she has put in online has been cancled. Or it is out of stock when she goes to order. I went to TRU yesterday and asked about the Wii. The guy said something about they are working on something and will not have any in before the the 25th. He said he thinks it is a bundle of some sort. I don't know if he was on the up and up or just talking but I told my cousin to keep her eyes open. They are no where to be found in our area.

How do you like Chicken Shoot? We have 3 girls 2, 4, and 7, and only have Wii Sport and Wii Play... some of the games they can play, some they can't but they love it... I'm looking for other games you don't have to use many buttons for...

(Like they love the shooting game, the fishing game and the cow racing game)

I was looking on line and Carnival Games looked like something they might be able to do a few of... does anyone have it? Also thinking of preordering High School Musical Sing It and putting it away for DD7 for Christmas.. anyone heard anything about it?

My DD has the HS Musical game for the DS and loves it. I have the Wii game on order. It was originally supposed to come out with the DS game for her Birthday in August, but they changed the release date. Now she will get it for Christmas.

Well I'd like to provide you all with an update... Super Smash Brothers Brawl which is to be released December 3rd has officially been confirmed to have Online Wi-Fi play. Here's my proof, Wi-Fi Play

I can almost bet anyone that their children, like quilliam's oldest will love this game. As I said before this game will be one of Nintendo's best.

Also I might add that gamestop / ebgames's website is running a guarantee right now that if you preorder Super Smash Brothers Brawl and choose one-day shipping, they guarantee that the game will arrive at your door on December 3rd or they'll refund you the shipping charges.

I went to my walmart yesterday and they had 3 in stock (had just come in). I got one for ds for xmas. Was going to go back and get another one later to use as a band booster raffle fundraiser and they were all already gone. WM said they go usually the same day they get them in here. Glad I snagged one now and don't have to worry about the rush around xmas trying to get one.

I'm so excited, I just got one of these off the Best Buy site today for the kids for Christmas. I've been looking ever since they came out and have never found one in stock in my area. We've never had a gaming system other than GBA or the Nintendo DS. I've been looking for quite some time for a way to get the kids moving. They like their handheld games so I'm hoping this is the ticket I've been looking for. I think I may enjoy it too! :D

Hi - I work at blockbuster and own a wii. The best is to rent first then buy. Sometimes I get lucky. the store I work in sells used wii games with a 30 day gaurantee to work. I love it! I also just found out (My husband appearently knew) That gamecube games can be played in the wii. My boys are going to get a lot of games for christmas.

Hi - I work at blockbuster and own a wii. The best is to rent first then buy. Sometimes I get lucky. the store I work in sells used wii games with a 30 day gaurantee to work. I love it! I also just found out (My husband appearently knew) That gamecube games can be played in the wii. My boys are going to get a lot of games for christmas.

Yes, the GC games can be played on the Wii. However, you'll need to get the GC controllers (you can have 1-4), and then if you open the cover on the top of your Wii (if you have it on the stand), then the ports to plug the GC controllers are in there. I believe that's where the GC memory cards go as well. You'll be able to find good deals on GC games since they're "old" now, and new GC games aren't produced anymore.

After I ordered from Best Buy I went to Walmart and they had them in stock for first time since they've been released that I've been able to catch and I go to Walmart at least 2-3 times a week. I went ahead and picked one even though I'd just ordered one. Good thing I did since I got a notice from BB this morning notifying me that the Wii's were backordered on their site.

I got my Wii on a Saturday morning at Toys R Us here in Jacksonville, FL. My friend could not find one anywhere and was able to score hers at Toys R Us on a Saturday morning as well.

They told me they get them in on Fridays but are not allowed to put them out until Saturday. This is the only place I have found them here in Jacksonville. They get in about 12 or so, not sure if it's every Friday or every other Friday, etc. Call your local Toys R Us and see when they get theirs in. If it's like ours here, you may be able to go in on Saturday at opening time and get one!

just wanted to let everyone know, i just checked the sams club website and they have a wii remote 3-pack for $75!!!!! fyi, website says available in store only, with very limited quantities. if you have a multi-player household, as i do (3 kids), this is a great deal as they normally retail for $40 each.

They do have the controllers at sams in a 3pack... for $75.00, however they have no Wii consoles. I complained to the manager that they had this big display for the Wii system with these cardboard things to take up front to the service desk to get the actual thing... but nooooooooooo they dont have any up front and didnt have a sign on the display either saying they were out of stock... but they did have the controllers.

This post shall be titled: How to find a Wii :)

First of all, if you have a local Gamestop, use this link to check their inventory (change the XXXXX to your zipcode)

http://www.gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=50&sku=020070&zip=XXXXX&product_name=Nintendo+Wii&platforms=Nintendo+wii&sbox=020070a%2Ejpg&status=A&BN=False

Note that this site only updates at night, so if it says that there are more coming, you need to call those stores every day morning and afternoon to check and see if the ups man has been there. <---This is how I got mine a few months ago, I could see they were coming in, so I kept calling until they got them.

Secondly, get to know the employees at your local shops. I visited my local Target and made friends with one of the electronics dept clerks, who explained that they only get Wiis every 2 or 3 Sundays, and that the last time they had them was the week before. He confirmed that they only put them out on Sundays. He also confirmed that the only time they usually have them is when they're going to be in the ad.

Thirdly, usually (USUALLY) if they're in a Sunday ad, the store that has it listed is probably going to have at least a few in stock. This is the reason that the Target guy gave me for not putting them out until Sunday...they needed to have some for the ad.

I ended up not having to go to BB and CC for mine just because I got it, but my friend got hers there after she talked to a couple of employees who gave her some hints on when they expect to get them. Most places will make them available on Sunday if they're going to get them (except for Gamestop, they will admit to having them anytime they are actually in the store). I had already made up my mind that the next time they were in BB's ad, I was going to be there before they opened on Sunday. I was determined! :yup:

Anyway, if you even think you might want to grab one for your kids (or you!) for Christmas, do it now. I still don't see them out regularly on shelves here. The last one I saw was at Meijers and by the time I made my way back around the store it was gone. I don't think they're going to be easier to find around Christmas. Plus, if you're worried about the warranty, if you register it online, you get a 3 month extended warranty.

It is so worth it! My DH (39) and I (34) don't have children, but we play the Wii almost every night together. And when the neighbor kids come over it's the first thing they head to , even my Mom has started playing it with us when she comes to visit.

Good luck!