Macy's Clearance

bovichtj

Howdy!

We went to Macy's looking for a suit for DH. He has a job interview on Monday. Well, I was *shocked* at the clearance deals in Men's Dresswear! We found a Ralph Lauren suit, reg. $450 on sale for $69!!!! :gdwow: There were lots of other great deals as well... another gentleman was purchasing an $800 suit for $200. I was certain that we would drop a fortune, but we came out under $300 for shirt, 3 ties, suit and alterations...

Now hopefully the interview will go welll...

Joanne

I work there a couple of hours a month just to get the extra 25% off clothing. Not good for my credit card but good for my closet. :eyepoppin

I agree! I worked there when it was Kaufmanns, whoa did I ever stock up! You can't beat the discount! I loved it!

I have the Macy's elite card which I get a coupon for 20% and I used it on Weds. when it was 50/30 then I got my 20. Somethings were even 75/30.

I agree! I worked there when it was Kaufmanns, whoa did I ever stock up! You can't beat the discount! I loved it!

I have the Macy's elite card which I get a coupon for 20% and I used it on Weds. when it was 50/30 then I got my 20. Somethings were even 75/30.

I so miss Kaufmann's. :( It used to be my favorite store. IMO, Macy's doesn't even slightly compare.

There was a writeup in last weeks paper that Macy's has lost alot of customers since they changed from Kaufmanns. It was my favorite store too! I miss my brands and don't know where to go now. Only highend brand petiete sizes fit me.:(

Luckily for us, a brand new Boscov's just opened in our area. It's replaced Kaufmann's for me (though I'd love to have had both). They seem to have a nice petite section (though I'm not short, so I didn't spend much time there). If you have one in your area, it might be worth the trip. The sales right now are really great, too. They carry a lot of better name brands that Kaufmann's used to have.

I like Macy's much better. I grew up in Kaufmanns, my mom worked there for 13 years. I think Macy's clothing is much better - their store brands INC & Charter Club (I think that's it) are worlds above the dated Karen Scott stuff that Kaufmanns offered. INC is modern, has nice styles & prints. In the kids dept Kaufmanns offered Just Friends and again, I prefer Macy's Green Dog brand for the same reasons.

That's Macy's problem at my store it is mostly their brand! Very little Liz & no Chaz etc.

This is my thoughts too. I don't want their stupid brands, I want better known and made brands.

I took my son school shopping (Kaufmann's has always been our favorite store for boys). Well, we had, Levi, Levi, Levi, and more Levi (plus their brand which I would never buy anyway) to choose from. Don't get me wrong, I like Levi, but I also like variety.

I had fun at macy's this weekend! :D It used to be Filene's here. We dont care about brands,:yup: so that may make a difference. My mom and I went shopping for my 3yr old. I love shopping for my kids! We got him a new winter coat, 2 pairs of jeans, 4 sweaters, 1 turtle neck, 4 long sleeve shirts (rugby style) and a package of socks. Everything came to 106 dollars. I did a happy dance my son is dressed nicely and warmly for the rest of the winter. He also loves his new spiderman winter coat!

Wow! Thanks so much for posting this! I had never been in Macy's before but made the 45 mile trip yesterday to check out the sales. They were having an additional 65% off in Ft. Collins CO and man did I get some deals! I bought DS some shorts for $1.xx, Quick Silver board shorts for $3.xx, jeans for $3 and got myself some jeans for $5! Thank you! I wish I had more time to shop but DS was very crabby so we had to leave.

I don't know how long the sale lasts, but I was at Macy's yesterday and all home clearance was an extra 50% off the lowest price (no Macy's card needed, and no extra discount with the card). I got an Oral-B electronic toothbrush for $25, regular price was $149.99!!! Awesome deal!

Also a lot of other depts. had an extra 15% or 30% off clearance when using your Macy's card.