Panasonic 52" LCD Projection HDTV (PT-52LCX66) $999.99 (circuitcity.com)

addic2cancun

Panasonic 52" LCD Projection HDTV (PT-52LCX66) $999.99 (circuitcity.com)

CircuitCity.com has the Panasonic 52" LCD Projection HDTV (PT-52LCX66) for $999.99 with free shipping.

52" LCD at 1280x720, 3000:1, 16:9, Built-in NTSC/ATSC Tuner

3 composite / 3 S-video / 2 component / 1 HDMI / 1 VGA inputs

Is this better than the Samsung HLS5086W 50" DLP projection tv which is 1159 with free shipping from Amazon?

Have no clue, my guess is that it is close to even. The Samsung has 2 HDMI inputs while the Panasonic only has 1, but the Panny has 2 extra inches and costs 160 dollars less (plus if you search for a circuit city 10% off TV coupon, u can get it for $899). So your would be talking about 260+ dollars you would be saving going with the CC one.

Put it like this. If they were both 900 bucks, I probably would leans towards the Samsung (DLP over LCD Rear Projection), but with the price difference I would have to go with the Panasonic. I actually own the Panasonic (Got the Tv for 899 on Black Friday) and the picture is great, I mean have I seen better . . . of course . . . but for the price it is a STEAL to say the least . . . excellent in high def and even regular tv is nice . . . no 1080p on either TV, so only 1 HDMI doesn't really bother me (Component can achieve 1080i or 720p) w/ the Panny. No Screen Door effect with this TV as of yet, so that definitely is a plus being LCD rear projection TV's can have a tendency to have that effect (DLP notorious for the rainbow effect).

While everybody was going crazy over those Panasonic plasma's on Black Friday, I just snuck away with this baby and being only 900 bucks it really was one of the overlooked steals on that day and with the Super Bowl comming up I'm pretty sure people w/ a limited budget should really consider this baby if they are in need of a bigscreen (50"+) HDTV. Under a grand, for a quality bigscreen HDTV from a powerhouse in the HDTV game, you can't beat it.

Nope, the Samsung DLP is definitely better although I would upgrade to the Samsung HLS-5087W which is 1080p.

Yep, honestly the Samsung 1080p was my first choice back in November . . but it was 1500+ back then (600+ more). Just couldn't justify another rear projection TV, even w/ 1080p, giving up that much extra . . . LCD or plasma yea, not rear projection.

Really, the steal is the Samsung HLS-5687W they have on Amazon. It is only 109.00 more than the HLS-5087W and gives you six more inches. If the budget is right, I would definitely lean towards that one.

Really, the steal is the Samsung HLS-5687W they have on Amazon. It is only 109.00 more than the HLS-5087W and gives you six more inches. If the budget is right, I would definitely lean towards that one.

I totally agree. I saw the HLS-5087W last weekend at CC and it was just beautiful.

I still think the Sony SXRD has slightly better PQ but DLP is tried and true.

Have no clue, my guess is that it is close to even. The Samsung has 2 HDMI inputs while the Panasonic only has 1, but the Panny has 2 extra inches and costs 160 dollars less (plus if you search for a circuit city 10% off TV coupon, u can get it for $899). So your would be talking about 260+ dollars you would be saving going with the CC one.

Put it like this. If they were both 900 bucks, I probably would leans towards the Samsung (DLP over LCD Rear Projection), but with the price difference I would have to go with the Panasonic. I actually own the Panasonic (Got the Tv for 899 on Black Friday) and the picture is great, I mean have I seen better . . . of course . . . but for the price it is a STEAL to say the least . . . excellent in high def and even regular tv is nice . . . no 1080p on either TV, so only 1 HDMI doesn't really bother me (Component can achieve 1080i or 720p) w/ the Panny. No Screen Door effect with this TV as of yet, so that definitely is a plus being LCD rear projection TV's can have a tendency to have that effect (DLP notorious for the rainbow effect).

While everybody was going crazy over those Panasonic plasma's on Black Friday, I just snuck away with this baby and being only 900 bucks it really was one of the overlooked steals on that day and with the Super Bowl comming up I'm pretty sure people w/ a limited budget should really consider this baby if they are in need of a bigscreen (50"+) HDTV. Under a grand, for a quality bigscreen HDTV from a powerhouse in the HDTV game, you can't beat it.

Does anyone have the 10% off TVs code? I'd be interested to see if it works with this deal.

Thanks.

This set seems dangerously close to the models that were involved in the class action settlement dealing with faulty lamps. Panasonic LCD model numbers include PT-50LC13, PT-60LC13, PT-50LCX63 and PT-60LCX63.

I don't have all of the info in front of me so just take this as a heads up that you may want to do some more research on this set. Here's a link to the settlement.... http://www.tvlampsettlement.com/

XAA9JANARV

I got this code in an email for 10% off a TV. I have no idea when it expires. I got the email today, so it's not today!

Thanks, but this code is for tv's $1500 and up so it won't work for me. If anyone else has another 10% off code for a tv please pm me. Thanks

Thanks, but this code is for tv's $1500 and up so it won't work for me. If anyone else has another 10% off code for a tv please pm me. Thanks

On Black Friday, I ended up going to Ebay and I bought a coupon for like a $1.50 and it saved me $106 dollars so that may be your best bet, I know AAA has a coupon they give out. U just got to look around, they are out there. The coupon states: 10% off TV's priced $199 or more . . something like that. If I run into one I will definitely let you know.

None of these codes worked. I tried them. I bought it anyway.

Sorry to hear that. On Black Friday they approved me for a 1000 dollar CC card, and they had a 0% for 18 months on any TV purchase, but the total purchase value of the TV had to be on the credit card to get the offer. So obviously 999 + tax, was more than a thousand . . so I searched everywhere for a coupon, and couldn't find it. Went to ebay, found one for $1.50, never bought a coupon from ebay, but it was a life saver. No interest on my tv until sometime in 2008.

I searched ebay today, I saw some coupons on there for 10% off anything $199 and up (read fine print tho), if u didn't pick the tv up already, they will refund you money if you give it to them in store . . . hell they might refund you if you just show them a receipt and give them a coupon within the 30 day return period.