Unexpected Deals!!

Ok usually I am not a very crafty or creative but when I was looking for Christmas clearance items I came across a couple of clear jars filled with soft chew peppermints. Now the regular price of these candies was something like 6 dollars but the clearance price was more like 78 cents. Now it wasn’t the candy that interested me, it was the jars. They were clear glass with clear glass lids with stainless steal rims. They are perfect in the bathroom for cotton balls and Q-tips. They actually look very similar container in BBB for around $10.00.

So I was thinking, there has got to be some great hidden treasures like these that other people are seeing that just haven’t dawned on me yet.

My husband laughed at me the other day and asked when did cotton balls start coming with nutricical information on them. (I haven’t had time to soak the labels off yet) But even he has to attempt they are perfect and for the price they can’t be beat!

So share you ideas of hidden treasures!

I am a crafty person ... and am always looking for things like this. This year at CVS when they went to 90% I got some really nice beads by purchasing the garland. You cannot use the ones that the bead is actually attached to the string ... but there are a few that bead 'slides' on the string and can be taken off and used for other purposes.

I also got some ribbon that was 'string' like to put on the ornaments I make ... it is a bit prettier than the string that I usually use ... and cheaper. Got some really nice bells at Walmart for 10 cents apiece ... always a nice addition to an ornament.

TerryAnn

:gdcat:

I hit our local Walmart just as their Christmas items went 75% off. They had 2 isles of bath and lotion gift sets that were $12 to $20, now at $2 to $3 (some were ringing up at even more than 75% off:D ) I grabbed about 20 of them. Every woman I know will be getting bath and lotion gift set for birthdays, christmas, whatever this year. I made sure I got one that were not "CHristmas" scents. They come in nice baskets and containers. Now all I have to do is open them up, get rid of any christmas packaging and regroup (to mix up the scents and make them more interesting). Now it looks like I went to a lot of trouble shopping arount for all of the product and container and it looks personalized because I put it together myself. No one needs to know that the gift they get that looks like I spent a lot of money on really only cost $1 or $2!

I hit our local Walmart just as their Christmas items went 75% off. They had 2 isles of bath and lotion gift sets that were $12 to $20, now at $2 to $3 (some were ringing up at even more than 75% off:D ) I grabbed about 20 of them. Every woman I know will be getting bath and lotion gift set for birthdays, christmas, whatever this year. I made sure I got one that were not "CHristmas" scents. They come in nice baskets and containers. Now all I have to do is open them up, get rid of any christmas packaging and regroup (to mix up the scents and make them more interesting). Now it looks like I went to a lot of trouble shopping arount for all of the product and container and it looks personalized because I put it together myself. No one needs to know that the gift they get that looks like I spent a lot of money on really only cost $1 or $2!

I did this too and just gave my coworker the first birthday gift of lotion. SHe LOVED it!! :) :D

Last summer...maybe in July or August, my wife found 3 graduation bears marked down from about $7 to 50¢. The bears said "Congratulations 2006", but they were each holding a disposable camera with flash. Now where can you buy a camera for 50¢?