Book recommendations for 9yo girl

This is for my daughter. She just turned 9.

She has recently read the Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen mysteries and is reading Magic School Bus series right now.

She likes mysteries. She has Nancy Drew PC game but I think the books will be a little to hard for her right now.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Actually, Nancy Drew may be good for her. I worked in a bookstore for years and there is new Nancy Drew stories which bring her 'up to date' in today's world ... so for a 9yo I would recommend that you get one and let her plod through it. Some children will take a bit longer to read a book ... but happily with a series ... they can get into the character making subsequent books easier and also more interesting to the reader who wishes to know more about their 'friend'.

TerryAnn

:gdcat:

Oh, there are so many fun ones for this age! Off the top of my head and not mentioned here yet are: Katie Kazoo, Dear Dumb Diary, Amazing Day of Abby Hayes, Hank Zipzer, Sideways Stories from Wayside School, Pippi Longstocking, Artemis Fowl, Molly Moon (we have a lot of books....)

Our daughter enjoyed the American Girl History Mystery series. And I'd try the Nancy Drew..you never know!

I was looking at these on the American Girl website. Do you think these books would be to difficult for a 3rd grader?

She loves everything American Girl but the books say for 10 yo. She just turned 9.

My daughter who is 9 loves the You be the Jury books and the Young America series.

The You Be the Jury ones were always great.

Does anyone remember the Choose Your Own Adventure series? They still publish these I believe. They were great! You could read the book 3-4 times and it would be different every time depending on what option you wanted to do.

The You Be the Jury ones were always great.

Does anyone remember the Choose Your Own Adventure series? They still publish these I believe. They were great! You could read the book 3-4 times and it would be different every time depending on what option you wanted to do.

I was going to mention those! I was looking for some on ebay, but then our library did a book give away and I got a few for my son there. I remember liking those as a child.

After reading and posting in this thread a funny thing happened. DS 9 brouhgt me a book and said hey mom can you fnd me some more of these. I looked and its a Pick A Path to Adventure book:tongue1: . I asked him where he got it and it was in a bag of kids books my mom had gotten at a yard sale last summer and he had just went through a little while ago.So here I go to see if I can find more!

Heather

• 4 weeks later...

Just asked my daughter the series is called Dear America not Young America.

My daughter is 9 and *loves* these Dear America books! They are historical fiction, written as the diaries of a young person (usually a girl) during some point in America's history.... the Gold Rush, American Revolution, Pearl Harbor, etc...

She has read so many of them, loved them, and learned so much! Now she has a taste for biography :D

Joanne