Best / Cheapest Place to Order Checks

I usually order from Walmart. You actually reminded me that I need to order some, thanks :)

They have good designs and very cheap prices. I started ordering from there after another company (forget who) wanted to charge me more since I wasn't a *new* customer!

http://www.walmartchecks.com/

I was just looking for checks also. We were trying to find somewhere that lets you customize them. Thank you SOOOO much for posting this. I did not know walmart did checks. When I looked the let you put a photo or image from a file on the checks. We are going to put our family crest on ours. Thanks!!

Hey no problem, definately a money saver.

I just put in my reorder and the total came to $11.06. That includes 175 duplicate checks, 0.50 for custom lettering, tax, and shipping! If you don't get duplicates I think it was a little cheaper and you got like 25 more checks.

MandaJo - I just saw that they do photo checks now too, that is so cute! I will have to think about that for my next order I just couldn't think of a photo I have now that would be good for that and I am down to my last 10 checks so I had to get an order in.

Costco does checks also. I just ordered four boxes of duplicate checks for $22. Quick turn-around also--I found that when I ordered with those other companies they always hit me up for some type of rush processing fee. I get so many compliments on the cute design, too!

Will all banks accept checks from Walmart or anywhere else for that matter? I have found different places to order checks from and my bank has told me that they would not accept them or I would be charged a hefty fee to use them. I have always been stuck using the same old ones because of this. I would love to order from Walmart if they are accepted at my bank. Thanks for the info!

I have used Artistic Checks for both personal and Girl Scout banking, and I have had no problems with them. Fast service, and their introductory price is absolutely cheap--2 boxes of duplicate checks with all the GS info on them were about $8, shipped...they usually have an insert in the Sunday paper.

Call your bank to see if they offer any free checks with your account. Mine offers Blue Safety Paper and Green Safety Paper free from Deluxe.

Our bank only offers free checks if we have one certain type of checking account (maintaining a HIGH balance) - which of course won't work for us.

My banks are EXPENSIVE! I read in the account details they have the right to refuse other checks, but I asked and they said that they do allow most anyother check company. I think it's mainly for people printing checks off their computer that may not meet the standards.

I got my buisness checks from Sams Club and got a binder and deposit slips and a whole bunch of stuff with them for less than a box of checks at my bank.

My banks are EXPENSIVE! I read in the account details they have the right to refuse other checks, but I asked and they said that they do allow most anyother check company. I think it's mainly for people printing checks off their computer that may not meet the standards.

I got my buisness checks from Sams Club and got a binder and deposit slips and a whole bunch of stuff with them for less than a box of checks at my bank.

Yeah, most banks will not take checks that you print out yourself. The reason is that the account number and routing number are printed with MICR ink, which is magnetic, so their machines can read everything automatically. Your printer ink has to all be read by hand, which slows their processing.

I have often wondered about the checks that are avaiable in the coupon inserts. Nice to know that they are that cheap. I am going to my bank tomorrow just to double-check and then I will be placing a new check order somewhere. We have the standard blue (deluxe) and I am sick of them. They are boring! My husband is a huge Detroit Red Wings fan and I have found checks with their logo on them so I'm sure that is what I will be ordering. Thanks for all your input!

I have often wondered about the checks that are avaiable in the coupon inserts. Nice to know that they are that cheap.

The key to ordering from the coupon inserts is that you are a new customer and you get the lower price. If you right a lot of checks I would recommend getting two or more boxes (you save more money) and you don't have to order as often either.

I have been ordering checks from all these other places for years and never had a problem with them at the bank or anywhere else. Just keep your check #'s in the right order when ordering them. I ahve not used bank checks in over 5 years..... Thanks for the tip on Wal-Mart

I wish I could help but because we run our own business I just use the ones from the bank. The lady there told me the numbers have to be just right and if they aren't they can't be processed (or it would take a longggg time) and I just didn't want the hassle. I use online banking or my check card most of the time anyway.

After searching for the best prices with free shipping, I bought checks from Checkworks.com. They came fairly quickly and I have had no issues. Plus, I love the designs!

Personal Checks Pricing

Top Tear One-Part / Duplicate

Quantity (200 per box) (150 per box)

1 Box 7.95 /10.95

2 Boxes 15.90 /21.90

4 Boxes 27.80 /39.80

This is the design I chose...

http://www.bankprinting.com/graphics/checks/personal/PB/petite1-s.jpg