Google Checkout - New members only

DesiChick

I bought something with Google check out for $140 and didn't get any discount. Is it some kind of a scam?

Was it a new account?

The discount was for everyone over the holidays, but is limited to new accounts now.

It definately wasn't a scam as I saved a TON of money using it this year.

I bought a camera worth 140 from Buy.com using google check out today today. I didn't get the $10 off. Then I called up Buy.com to find out why I didn't get this offer. The customer service rep told me that the offer is no longer valid.

Here's information on google checkout through buy.com: http://www.buy.com/corp/promos/google_offer.asp?adid=17073&dcaid=17073

The offer expires 02/15, I believe and it is only for NEW google checkout members.

I don't know how difficult it would be to be a new member again, but between DH and I Google must have given us over $100 towards our Christmas shopping.

As long as you use one of the approved Google checkout vendors, you will need to add an item to your shopping cart on the vendors website, then if you view the items in your cart, it will have a tab that says Check Out Using Google Checkout and Save $10. Then it will ask you log into Google checkout and will automatically take the $10 off and give you a new total. This is also where you can choose your shipping option and it will add sales tax, if applicable. We used Google checkout for a large majority of our online shopping and saved a ton!

I finally gave up after checking all the links and looking in the help section at google accounts. I placed my order because it said that it may not show on the vendors site but will in the confirmation e-mail. Well I got the confirm e-mail and no discount. I was so disgusted I cncelled my order and my google account.

To sign up, go to checkout.google.com

You sign up for the service first, and then they give you a $10 bonus for doing that. You can then use that $10 and your own $ to make any purchase that accepts google checkout.

I clicked on this link then logged in to my existing google account. I just delete my existing CC# and added new CC numbers (with my virtual CC, I can generate new numbers). Then I go shopping at any of the participating merchants. The $10 credit always show up. Also, a couple of hours later I usually get an email from Google welcoming me for the $10 rebate with links to partipating stores. I've made a few purchases on Shop4Tech and everything has 'shipped'. So I think it's good to go.:g_dance:

PS: The total has to be $10 or more or the rebate won't show up. That happened to me yesterday so I had to add a filler to make it work.

I clicked on this link then logged in to my existing google account. I just delete my existing CC# and added new CC numbers (with my virtual CC, I can generate new numbers). Then I go shopping at any of the participating merchants. The $10 credit always show up. Also, a couple of hours later I usually get an email from Google welcoming me for the $10 rebate with links to partipating stores. I've made a few purchases on Shop4Tech and everything has 'shipped'. So I think it's good to go.:g_dance:

PS: The total has to be $10 or more or the rebate won't show up. That happened to me yesterday so I had to add a filler to make it work.

pgrunner, pm me sometime on how that virtual CC works, I'd like to try that. Thanx