Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Salvage at Target means that they get packed up and sold off to a salvage company or one of the big charities like Goodwill or Salvation Army. Not repacked to sell on the sales floor. You can see that the NJ stores sell it through Liquidation.com.

The Goodwills in MI buy a tons of Target clearance.. which can be nice especially because they sell it at 90% off and with the tags on (sometimes).. So I cant complain.. plus its going to a good cause and Target takes it as a write-off / donation.. You can get really nice Christmas gifts from Goodwill - but Target quality..

They even have the Isaac Mir... dude's clothes at Goodwill..

I was at Target today, did see some Air Wick decospheres for 1.64 but I didn't buy, because I knew I had a coupon at home! I did snag a two pack of the Good Start 12.9 oz formula for $13, used a $11 check from Nestle, got two cans of formula for $2!!! That's probably the best deal I have ever gotten. Plus they had coupons for $1 off Air Wick scented oil in the paper couple weeks back. They had the two packs on sale for $3.99, also had coupon for buy the refils get a free warmer unit. Our Target had two packs of warmer units, so paid $2.99 for two refils and two warmer units! These make great little gifts for teachers or whoever! I love target clearance!

You know you can buy them and take your coupons back in and they will price adjust. I always have my coupons in my laptop bag and leave them out in the car. So they just say bring your coupons in the next time you shop (including your receipt) and they will give you the price adjust.. Thats why I love Target!!

i was itching to go to target since i read this thread and finally went today during lunch time...

i didnt find any today... what is the possibility of someone finding a great deal every time the person goes to target..

Not great when you go during the holidays. As has been stated in this thread, they consolidate a lot of their clearance (some was moved to the back room in our local store in fact) to make room for holiday stuff including gifts.

what is the best time to go to get the deals...what time do they start the markdowns??

4 am. The markdown team starts well before the store opens. The best thing is to get to know the markdown schedule listed in the first post of this thread. Then understand that markdowns generally are on a 2 week schedule. 2 weeks at 30% then to 50% for 2 weeks, etc. If you can get to know a particular store well, you can start to get a feel for the time of day & day of week the markdowns occur for the items you want. There is no hard and fast rule, though, because there is great variation in what needs to be marked down. Target doesn't know in advance what will sell well. If something is a dud and they have a lot of it, or the economy tanks, then they have a lot of a particular type of product, then it throws off the markdown team's schedule. But as a general rule go early in the day. If they haven't marked something down and you think they should have, you might check back later in the day. Never call and ask about it, though as that just alerts the employees that items are cheap, and they may buy them before you get there.

way?!?!

so you keep the items you want and check every so often if they go down and boilah! you got a great deal!

I keep waiting for Ratatouille for XBOX360 to drop from the $24.99 price.

They've had the same 4 of it for at least a month now, and they dropped to the 50% off price at least 2 1/2 weeks ago.

I was in Target yesterday and noticed tons of new clearance. I wasn't expecting to see anything new, but there were lots of board games on clearance - more odd ones. There were also clearance tags hanging out in other aisles of toys - I didn't go down them though - my 2 year old wanted everything she saw and I didn't want to make it worse.

Keep your eyes out in the toy department as they seem to be marking down lots of toys this week. Nothing super exciting but its coming. Everything is mixed in with the regular toys so you have to look for the red tags.

Also, 75% womens clothes although mostly maternity wear at my store.

what is an endcap... im new at this,... sorry

An endcap is at the "end" of an aisle. Endcaps are displays of products that face the main aisle (these are front endcaps). Back endcaps are at the end of the aisles. Hope that makes sense.

About the toy sale, I worked during the last two sales and we had specific aisles dedicated solely for clearance toys. What is starting to be marked down now will probably eventually move to the clearance toy aisle when the time comes.

Just seen the Target comercial that says a new sale Friday and Saturday opens at 6 am. Anyone have any ideas on what will be in that ad?

Was just at Target and none of the employees seemed to know of this sale. I saw the commericals too! Even one of the managers said we never open that early unless it is the day after Thanksgiving. Hope someone is there to open tomorrow. Anyone find the ad yet?

Was just at Target and none of the employees seemed to know of this sale. I saw the commericals too! Even one of the managers said we never open that early unless it is the day after Thanksgiving. Hope someone is there to open tomorrow. Anyone find the ad yet?

Could it be that your TV station ran an outdated [i.e. Black Friday] commercial?

I went to Target today and saw lots of red stickers in the toy section. I can't believe toy clearance has already started. I was able to snag a couple of Polly Pocket sets with te $5 off coupon they came up to $1.98. Most things were 30% off. They had markdowns in Littlest Pet shop, Polly Pocket, Cheetah girls dress up trunk, and more (I shop maily for girls-see user name). Also, in the Parents brand of toys they had some nice big puzzles for $6.18 which was 50% off. You may want to start perusing the toy section:D

I wish I would have seen the toy clearance posts earlier today. I love picking up gifts for events throughout the year. But it is best to do that when DS is at preschool. He is off tomorrow so I may have to "peruse" during the day and go back at night by myself.

I went to Target today and saw lots of red stickers in the toy section. I can't believe toy clearance has already started. I was able to snag a couple of Polly Pocket sets with te $5 off coupon they came up to $1.98. Most things were 30% off. They had markdowns in Littlest Pet shop, Polly Pocket, Cheetah girls dress up trunk, and more (I shop maily for girls-see user name). Also, in the Parents brand of toys they had some nice big puzzles for $6.18 which was 50% off. You may want to start perusing the toy section:D

Cool. I have been SO busy helping a friend with her business (Christmas crunch) that I haven't had time to peruse much. They do this every year, though, and I have been saving my Polly Pocket coupons for it!