Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

[quote name=At the end of the feminine products aisle, they had some Target and Kotex brands at 50 - 75% off.

My target had the 18 pk Kotex tampons on sale for $1.37 a box.Minus $1.00 COUPONS I GOT 10 BOXES FOR .37 EACH.Im stocked for a LONG time.

Couldnt find the olay soap though...I did get 10 cups of frosted flakes and 10 more lucky charm cups and some .52 box a box pop tarts.Very fun day between target,cvs and TCP.[/quote]

Got my Kotex FREE. LOL. I bought at least 60 packs. I had a full cart of just Kotex pads and liners. On each pack was a $1.50 peel off coupon. They were clearanced to 1.37 for the larger packs, .98 for the smaller packs, and .51 for the liners. So I had to make sure I bought other items as I didn't want to be in the negative when the total came.

Bought 20 bags of M&Ms using the .50 target coupon making them .19 each

Also 40 of the cereal cups (free using the $1 off coupons)

8 granola bar packs using the $1 off coupons (clearanced to .68)

12 more of the Oreo snack cups and also the Nabisco teddy graham ones (Free with $1 coupon from Target)

6 lunchables ($1.02 each) with the $1 coupon

Also got some other Easter snicker bags, twix, rolos, and hershey minatures (for my daughter's pinata).

Total for an absolute over flowing cart (filled the bottom of the cart too lol) = .94 !!!!!!! I shocked the cashier. Of course she had to manually put in the coupons as they wouldn't scan. Made me nervous, but manager told the cashier to shut her light off and do it. Said the scan gun must not be working right. (WHEW)

I actually was tickled pink giving the cashier $1 and getting .06 cents change from all that

Okay I just have to ask. Where are you all getting Target coupons? or are they just regular manufacturer coupons? I want the deals!! I never find anything cheap at target, unless its in the dollar isle inside the door. What am I doing wrong? :( andrea

Personally, I find this excessive and selfish...... and I do think buying like this is going to end the great target deals sooner than we'd all like! JMO

Got my Kotex FREE. LOL. I bought at least 60 packs. I had a full cart of just Kotex pads and liners. On each pack was a $1.50 peel off coupon. They were clearanced to 1.37 for the larger packs, .98 for the smaller packs, and .51 for the liners. So I had to make sure I bought other items as I didn't want to be in the negative when the total came.

12 more of the Oreo snack cups and also the Nabisco teddy graham ones (Free with $1 coupon from Target)

Also got some other Easter snicker bags, twix, rolos, and hershey minatures (for my daughter's pinata).

Total for an absolute over flowing cart (filled the bottom of the cart too lol) = .94 !!!!!!! I shocked the cashier. Of course she had to manually put in the coupons as they wouldn't scan. Made me nervous, but manager told the cashier to shut her light off and do it. Said the scan gun must not be working right. (WHEW)

I actually was tickled pink giving the cashier $1 and getting .06 cents change from all that

I actually agree, we shouldn't be excessive. I think more than 10 is excessive. They will begin to limit the use of coupons when we continue to abuse the system and use 40-60 coupons for an item. That would be unfortunate. I do appreciate Elena donating the items to the shelter, as I know many others do as well. Anything we can do to help others is great.

The problem with that is no one else can get the deals, because you have taken them all!

It's no different than black friday. The early bird gets the worm saying has been around a lot longer than any of us. I see deals on here and check my store, if they are out, so what, it I can get in on the deal, good for me. I'm just thankful that people put their deals on here for me to look for instead of me having to look at every item in the store. The stores are making money off of this process since I spend another $50 in items that I didn't plan on buying before I went in there.

Which store did you call? I have used expired ones at St. Charles Rock Rd. and Lindberg stores.

Gravois Bluffs, but I haven't tried to actually use any yet.

I doubt they put an alert out to the cashiers. I simply told them I had a couple expired coupons left and asked if I could still use them.

To everyone - Congrats on the great finds! I'm sure that the people who buy alot of the items are sharing them with other people. One lady even said she was donating to a woman's shelter. I see nothing wrong with buying it... if it's there, Grab it! I know I would. :lmao:

I just wish I didn't have to drive 30 miles to the nearest Target.

I debated for a week about going there to look for the light bulbs. I was already in Greensboro at Costco so I finally went.

I found a few boxes of the Kotex with the $1 coupons so I got them for .32.

There were a few boxes of the lightbulbs but of course someone had already searched them and left the $1 ones. Most of the bulbs were broke so I didn't bother with it.

I also got a few throw rugs for my dining room carpet for $2.78 each. I think I may go back and get a few more of them.

I seen the Olay Ribbons but there was no price.. I should have checked them. :(

Hubby found a 99 cent demo computer game with a $5 coupon for the full version which was reg. $49.99 and on clearance for $7.98. But the guy in electronics gave us a bunch of mumbo jumbo about the demo wasn't supposed to be on the floor and we couldn't use the coupon. He probably used the coupon himself right after we left. lol. But oh well... hubby needed another game like he needs a hole in his head.

He seen the great deals so I'm pretty sure that I can talk him into going back again. :D

I just wish we would get a Target here. We have nothing but Walmart and you can't find the deals there like you can at Target.

My little boy really REALLY wanted the dog shaped easter basket and I just couldn't get it before Easter and I just got my car back last night so we went up there today...they had plenty of the monkeys, shreks, even a few elmo baskets and a purple ball basket with a dog on the side, but no dog shaped baskets :( He cried and I felt awful (and believe me, I checked EVERYWHERE and even in people's carts and if someone had one I would have tried to make them an offer...nada)

i went this morning and was disappointted to see Easter was still 75% off. i asked the lady at the checkout and she said that sometimes they will go 90% off in the middle of the day. Has anyone heard of that? :yuck:

My trip was saved by the fact that I found one of the dog shaped Easter baskets to send to your son, however. I would be glad to ship it to you at my expense. Just need to know if I can get your address, somehow. Let me know.

Target in Springfield, PA , Delco, will no longer take internet coupon, thanks to the fraud and abuse of coupons. So yes, using 25 coupons to get 25 things for free and spending less than $1 for 1 person is a lot different than 25 people each using 1 coupon, getting 1 free thing, and spending money while they are there.

Target in Springfield, PA , Delco, will no longer take internet coupon, thanks to the fraud and abuse of coupons. So yes, using 25 coupons to get 25 things for free and spending less than $1 for 1 person is a lot different than 25 people each using 1 coupon, getting 1 free thing, and spending money while they are there.

I agree with loriphilly. I usually don't use more than 4 Target printable coupons at one time, and I always have a ton more stuff I'm buying with it. That way, it doesn't seem like I'm trying to get something for nothing.

I completely agree. Finding a great deal is a good thing, but buy what you NEED, and please leave the rest.:)

Slim Pickens at target today. There is a Black and Decker toaster oven that has been 50% for over a week now, $19.xx from $39.xx. I have been waiting for it to go75%. When they went 50% there where 8, but only 2 today, so I bought it.

I actually agree, we shouldn't be excessive. I think more than 10 is excessive. They will begin to limit the use of coupons when we continue to abuse the system and use 40-60 coupons for an item. That would be unfortunate. I do appreciate Elena donating the items to the shelter, as I know many others do as well. Anything we can do to help others is great.

I agree. I only use 4 coupons at a time for each item. More than that is risking a battle with a manager. I'd love to get tha cart full of stuff for less than a dollar, but that's not the purpose of clearance and coupons. that'll get it shut down for the rest of us. JMHO:o

i went this morning and was disappointted to see Easter was still 75% off. i asked the lady at the checkout and she said that sometimes they will go 90% off in the middle of the day. Has anyone heard of that? :yuck:

Yes. It has happened when I have been at the store. I check an item, it is 75%, I check another item a few minutes later and it is 90% off.

Good for you. You know what you are doing. I would do the same thing. If they were thinking people were taking advantage of the coupons, they would of done something when people were getting the choxies for free. There is nothing wrong with being frugal. Nowadays, you got to try and save money where you can with everything else going up in price like gas and utilities. When I have extra, I give to others and I am sure you do too.

Good for you. You know what you are doing. I would do the same thing. If they were thinking people were taking advantage of the coupons, they would of done something when people were getting the choxies for free. There is nothing wrong with being frugal. Nowadays, you got to try and save money where you can with everything else going up in price like gas and utilities. When I have extra, I give to others and I am sure you do too.

I would not do the same though. It is like taking away all the fun with you. I would have left some for fellow Perusars to grab such deals. After all, one cannot justify buying everything on the store and hide behind the Donation cap.

There are many people here, who are in need of such deals and would want to save money. Also, It gives a sense of satisfaction buying things at a lower price.

Enough Said. Sorry if it hurts any one.

Personally, I find this excessive and selfish...... and I do think buying like this is going to end the great target deals sooner than we'd all like! JMO

Why is it selfish when Im only 31 yrs old and only use pads. I will have a period for at least another 15 years! I NEED those pads. LOL. Besides that I donated 20 packs to the local womens shelter. Selfish- Not. Im also highly involved with our school's PTA and find deals for the yearly carnival (hence candy) and silent auction. I also find the deals for families I adopt at christmas time. so I don't hide behind any donation excuse as was stated. Might I add I also buy at least $300 a month of regular items at Target also. Im probably the least selfish person you would meet. My husband had to laugh at that insinuation.

I also have children. Cereal is expensive. Im not selling these items. My family is going to use them. I don't profit from the free deals I get. It supliments what I have to pay for usually.

Sorry you feel this way. People do have their opinions.

Naah! Everyone has a right to their own opinion. You can't expect everyone to agree on the same thing. :)

I have to give props to the people that find such awesome deals! But personally, I wouldn't buy all of an item, because I don't need them all, and I'd never get around to donating them, etc. Plus, I hate drawing attention to myself, so I would never use so many coupons at one time. I just hate conflict, and I'd be so embarrassed if the cashier gave me trouble.

Now, that 69¢ juice, I would buy every one I found, because it would get used around here. I found 5 the other day, and I told my husband if there had been 20, I would have bought them all because we will use them. Either here at the house or taking them to playgroups to share. Everyone knows that I am bringing the juice boxes. lol

I'm headed to Target now. :gdlicklips: One of my dh's co-workers is looking for something and he knows I go there all the time and asked me to check for it at the stores around here! LOL

I have to give props to the people that find such awesome deals! But personally, I wouldn't buy all of an item, because I don't need them all, and I'd never get around to donating them, etc. Plus, I hate drawing attention to myself, so I would never use so many coupons at one time. I just hate conflict, and I'd be so embarrassed if the cashier gave me trouble.

You described me! But, I see nothing wrong with it, if they had a limit, there would be a sign. It's clearance, they want to get rid of it. I just couldn't do it, my husband would definitely ban me from Target.