Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Do not rely on the web product locator.

It is not always updated. Many times a have seen items listed as available, then gone to the store & they were out of stock. With the high price of gas always have a backup plan to at least go home with something like free polly pockets or post it's so it's not a total loss.:D

I agree! It can be very dissappointing at times.....

Alot of mens tshirts were clearanced 75% I got a couple tshirts for around 2.50 and a couple of polo shirts for $4.00 Also some hats were clearanced I bought one for under 4.00.

Some baby stuff went to 75% off I got a bunch of jean shorts for next summer for my son for 1.25 and a couple t-shirts for .75 cents.

I agree also that it can be very disappointing.

Although I've also gotten a few good surprises as well cause often it tells me things are out of stock or unavailable at all the stores near me and I walk in and find a shelf full. I'm watching the family tree baby stuff for my brother, and it says we have none locally and I went in and 2 stores still had a shelf full Saturday. Too bad was still at 30% tho, lol. Hopefully they will have done a markdown and have some left.

Has anyone taken advantage of the Similac formula that is at $16.10? I know it stayed at 25.10 for a long time. Seemed like a really big can.

Found a few good deals today:

Acoustic Guitar, reg $129.99, paid $14.98 (89%off); dpci 057 12 0034

I can't find the exact one online but it's a lot like this one:

http://www.target.com/Silvertone-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar-Natural/dp/B000189NSQ/ref=sc_ri_3/602-5214419-7120621

Eddie Bauer Garment Bag, reg $79.99, paid $10.04 (88%off); dpci 069 04 0403

http://www.target.com/Eddie-Bauer-Oxford-Garment-Bag/dp/B000WV98IW/sr=1-20/qid=1194888585/ref=sr_1_20/602-5214419-7120621?ie=UTF8&index=target&field-browse=1038600&rh=k%3Aeddie%20bauer%2Cn%3A319781011&page=2

Lego Aqua Raiders, reg $4.99, paid .64 cents (88% off); dpci 204 00 0687

http://www.target.com/LEGO-Aqua-Raiders-Treasure-Hunter/dp/B000GD7Z0Y/sr=1-3/qid=1194888053/ref=sr_1_3/602-5214419-7120621?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aaqua%20raider&page=1

xbox360 - Command & Conquer $14.98 (75% off)

xbox360 - Shrek the Third $7.48 (75% off)

GameCube - Animal Crossing $13.98 (30% off)

I picked up the Animal Crossing game the other day too, was made sweeter that it's packaged with a bonus memory card. I see they have clearanced some more Wii games too but they are still in the $20 & $30 range.

I have a question that maybe some of you can help me with. At my Target there were 2 retractable dog leashes for dogs up to 150 pounds that were like 25 bucks or somewhere around there. Well those two were clearanced to around $14.50 or something. I thought that was cool and figured I would wait a little while and when they went down more, snatch both of those up as I needed two dog leashes.

Well the other day I went and one was gone, but the other was still there and when i took it to scan it and see how much it had gone down it said item not recognized. So I thought cool, maybe that means the price has really gone down. So i asked an employee and she told me I would need to take it up to CS and have them look it up.

I took it up there and the girl was not exactly rude but she seemed standoffish and like i was totally bothering her with this. Anyway i told her the situation and told her I just wanted to know how much it was now. Well she scanned it and it said not recognized so she put in the numbers and just said, "It's still $14.xx" and like that was it.

I said, "Are you sure, because I know that sometimes when the clearance price doesn't show up anymore it means it's gone salvage or something and sometimes they can be sold for even lower than that" and she just said basically that no that wasn't the case, she input the numbers and that was all there was to it.

So, was she right, or should I have pressed the issue more? I really wanted that dog leash and I just can't imagine it going from 15 bucks to nothing, when higher priced items go way down if you wait long enough.

Any opinions or suggestions from my fellow Target lovers would be appreciated!

I have a question that maybe some of you can help me with. At my Target there were 2 retractable dog leashes for dogs up to 150 pounds that were like 25 bucks or somewhere around there. Well those two were clearanced to around $14.50 or something. I thought that was cool and figured I would wait a little while and when they went down more, snatch both of those up as I needed two dog leashes.

Well the other day I went and one was gone, but the other was still there and when i took it to scan it and see how much it had gone down it said item not recognized. So I thought cool, maybe that means the price has really gone down. So i asked an employee and she told me I would need to take it up to CS and have them look it up.

I took it up there and the girl was not exactly rude but she seemed standoffish and like i was totally bothering her with this. Anyway i told her the situation and told her I just wanted to know how much it was now. Well she scanned it and it said not recognized so she put in the numbers and just said, "It's still $14.xx" and like that was it.

I said, "Are you sure, because I know that sometimes when the clearance price doesn't show up anymore it means it's gone salvage or something and sometimes they can be sold for even lower than that" and she just said basically that no that wasn't the case, she input the numbers and that was all there was to it.

So, was she right, or should I have pressed the issue more? I really wanted that dog leash and I just can't imagine it going from 15 bucks to nothing, when higher priced items go way down if you wait long enough.

Any opinions or suggestions from my fellow Target lovers would be appreciated!

To be honest I really think its up to the mood of the CS associate at the time. I have had the same experience and taken things to their counter and got it for 75% off... other times I will ask them the price and they cant sell it cause it is salvaged. I have also been told that if they check the price it usually is marked 25% less than the last one that they sold of the item. But.. as I said at the start.. I think its up to the associate and how good or bad her day is going really!!!!

I picked up the Animal Crossing game the other day too, was made sweeter that it's packaged with a bonus memory card. I see they have clearanced some more Wii games too but they are still in the $20 & $30 range.

Great deal. Mine didn't have it but I don't need one and my ds really wants this game so I'm not complaining.

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer XBOX, Wii, PSP, PS3 etc. 75% off.. 7.48-12.48

Great deal or use as Christmas gifts.. Woo Hoo..

Someone asked about Graco Family Tree highchair.. Only saw it 30% thats it..

The Jungle Adventure is NOT ON CLEARANCE.. it is the replacement for Family Tree.. The Family Tree gear is on clearance!!

Has anyone tried calling the store and have them look for the item with the dpci number?

i do that a lot but i know the operator at my nearest store so i never get attitude! Other stores they sometimes still transfer you to the appropriate department (the operator won't look it up), and you need to get someone with time, an LRT, and who won't just lie and say they are out of them! lol

To be honest I really think its up to the mood of the CS associate at the time. I have had the same experience and taken things to their counter and got it for 75% off... other times I will ask them the price and they cant sell it cause it is salvaged. I have also been told that if they check the price it usually is marked 25% less than the last one that they sold of the item. But.. as I said at the start.. I think its up to the associate and how good or bad her day is going really!!!!

Thanks for your input. I think you're right. I would be willing to bet that if it had been one of the CS reps that I usually see when I'm at Target (cause I am there so often) that it might have had a different outcome. I think I'll check for the leash again when I go back just to see if it's there and try my luck with someone else. Thanks again!

Someone asked about Grace Family Tree highchair.. Only saw it 30% thats it..

The Jungle Adventure is NOT ON CLEARANCE.. it is the replacement for Family Tree.. The Family Tree gear is on clearance!!

Oh wow. I will have to check that out. My niece is due to have her first baby in April.

Here are the DCPI's for the Graco Family Tree Set:

Lovin Hug: 030091532

Stroller: 030091540

Pack n Play: 030091533

Carseat: 030091531 (which is different than the previous post)

Contempo Highchair: 030091656

DuoGlide Stroller: 030091539

I hope this helps anyone who is looking for nice quality baby stuff at a great target clearance rate :)

Guest online_assistan
I have a item hidden though the other items like it went down 75% off though it will only ring up as the price it is marked. I have also noticed on other target persuing websites it was marked down 75% last thursday.... Why? does it have to be put in the system?

The Little Giant ladder system was 50% off for $99.98 (092 06 0100). Does anyone know if it's been at 50% for awhile? There was only two so I'm trying to decide if I should just get it now if it's not going to 75% for a couple of more weeks.

Thanks to everyone here, I was in the scrapbooking aisle today and noticed some Halloween items (embellishments, stickers, letters and a big pack of cute Halloween paper) that were not marked. Took them to the scanner, came up 0.00. Got to the register and told them I didn't know the price...they gave it to me for the 90% off!!!

The manager said she was going to go pull it all off the shelves, but she said she'd give it to me and that I got a great deal.

Thanks to you all!

I :hearthrob GottaDeal.

jenbui, lucky! I love the scrapbooking stuff, it's really cute. And you can't beat 90% off. I grabbed a couple things when it went 50% off and was able to go back and find a stash at 90% off, but scrapbooking stuff flies off the shelves in this area, regardless. Bummer. There is some adorable Christmas stuff that I have my eye on, though.

btvsfreak, niccci, and online_assistan, re: hiding stuff till it goes to 75% off-

Unless it's seasonal (a.k.a. automatic) clearance (such as Halloween, where there are no price stickers on the items to show how much it is marked down), the markdown team has to scan that particular DPCI or barcode to manually mark it down. If they don't scan the item (at least one of the item, since they don't have to scan every single item with that barcode int he store - and sometimes I think they can also scan the shelf tag), then it won't be marked down and will stay at the last price they DID scan it for. Does that make sense? I try to leave at least one out of stuff I'm hiding so they have a chance to scan it down.

The cashier that insisted it was still $14.98 probably was right, and lots of cashiers don't always know how the clearance system works anyway, if they haven't worked it. They should be able to look up the price that it last sold for at the register, or sometimes they call someone with a PDT.

There's only been a couple times where I've hidden something at 30% off and gone back weeks and weeks later, without seeing any other of that item, and it's been 75% off. I don't know if EVENTUALLY stuff does go down to 75% off, right before salvage or something. I got lucky, though, it was a 320G Western Digital external hard drive for $37.48!!

It really really really does depend on the person, though. I've occasionally been told that I can't buy something if the price doesn't come up in the system, and often enough I've also just been able to tell the cashier how much it is supposed to be. It's a bit of a crap shoot and sometimes you have to time it just right.

Keep checking, though, sometimes stuff appears out of nowhere after weeks!

jenbui,

btvsfreak, niccci, and online_assistan, re: hiding stuff till it goes to 75% off-

Unless it's seasonal (a.k.a. automatic) clearance (such as Halloween, where there are no price stickers on the items to show how much it is marked down), the markdown team has to scan that particular DPCI or barcode to manually mark it down. If they don't scan the item (at least one of the item, since they don't have to scan every single item with that barcode int he store - and sometimes I think they can also scan the shelf tag), then it won't be marked down and will stay at the last price they DID scan it for. Does that make sense? I try to leave at least one out of stuff I'm hiding so they have a chance to scan it down.

While generally true, that is clearly not always true. Numerous participants to this forum have had items get marked when there were none on the sales floor. This generally happens because they simply scan their markdown sheet or the shelf tag. While it doesn't always happen, it seems to about 75% of the time in our area. You can almost always have every single piece hidden or sold out, and the markdown will still happen, even for non-seasonal merchandise.

Oh, and a trick to deal with this is to hide 2 of the items if you only want one. If they don't mark them down, take one and put it somewhere in the area where they are next to do the markdowns. For example, if you have some of the toddler bed sheet sets hidden and they didn't get marked, take the spare and put it on the top shelf in the back of the clearance end cap in the domestics area where the markdown team will find it, but it probably won't sell beforehand. Doesn't always work as sometimes the item is found by someone who wants it first, but it usually does. Or just walk up to someone who is doing markdowns and say, "hey, I found this in (insert a possible spot) and it won't scan (make sure there is no red tag on it first), can you tell me the price?" That usually yields a red sticker for you. :)

DO NOT CALL !!!!! That is rule #1. :eek:

You will only draw attention & by the time you get there after the employee sees the deal it will be gone! I have purchased items on clearance & when they see the price they anounce it to every other cashier & friend working in the store. The have even said their calling their husbands to come & get the items since they are working!

I have also had items that I have taken off the end cap & put on a shelf in the same dept. that were %50 but went streight to not found. The mgr can pull up the last selling price & if it was only 50% then that is what they will sell it to you for. I agree with the others it just depends on who you get.

jenbui, lucky! I love the scrapbooking stuff, it's really cute. And you can't beat 90% off. I grabbed a couple things when it went 50% off and was able to go back and find a stash at 90% off, but scrapbooking stuff flies off the shelves in this area, regardless. Bummer. There is some adorable Christmas stuff that I have my eye on, though.

Oh, this is my first REAL lucky find...I mean, I'll find things mentioned on here at my Target, but there must be some GottaDeal-ers in my area too, 'cause most of it goes SUPER fast. I've NEVER, ever found the MM juices or those really good deals - not that I need an excuse to spend money at Target! I just happened to luck out...and this scrapbooking stuff wasn't marked AT ALL with stickers, so no one would know to look, unless they were looking specifoically for Halloween stuff...or had read it here!!

Hi Everyone,

I stopped at Target for some Advil and of course I had to check out the Clearance(its a slight obsession):D

I didn't have much time, But I did find a few things;

American Girl paperback books $1.56 orig $6.99

"Meet Felicity" 059 03 1165

"Meet Kit" 059 03 0707

"Nicki" 059 03 0708

Xbox Games $4.98

NCAA Football 07 207 16 1096

The GodFather 207 16 1066

XMen Legends II Rise of Apocolypse 207 16 0970

Xbox 360 Games

Shrek The Third $12.98 207 22 1018

Fantastic 4 Rise of The Silver Surfer $9.98 207 22 0122

And I found the dcpi for the Boys Golf Set

RAM Tour Junior $14.98 088 04 0825

There were all kinds of games at my local Target. Game Boy Advanced ,Nintendo DS, Xbox, Xbox360, Game Cube, Playstation2, Playstation3 and PSP.

I hope you find some that you can give as gifts!

The cashier that insisted it was still $14.98 probably was right, and lots of cashiers don't always know how the clearance system works anyway, if they haven't worked it. They should be able to look up the price that it last sold for at the register, or sometimes they call someone with a PDT.

There's only been a couple times where I've hidden something at 30% off and gone back weeks and weeks later, without seeing any other of that item, and it's been 75% off. I don't know if EVENTUALLY stuff does go down to 75% off, right before salvage or something. I got lucky, though, it was a 320G Western Digital external hard drive for $37.48!!

It really really really does depend on the person, though. I've occasionally been told that I can't buy something if the price doesn't come up in the system, and often enough I've also just been able to tell the cashier how much it is supposed to be. It's a bit of a crap shoot and sometimes you have to time it just right.

Keep checking, though, sometimes stuff appears out of nowhere after weeks!

Thanks nattybananas, for your input. I always thought that clearance items just automatically got marked down in the computer system they use or however they do their markdowns, so regardless of whether or not the actual item was out there, if it was scheduled for further markdown it would show up in the system at that price even if it had been hidden or not clearanced further. (Talk about a run-on sentence!)

Anyhow, I actually didn't hide either leash, they were in the dog leash section and they were at the very bottom so I figured I would leave them there and if they were still there when I came back to check on them then it was meant to be.

So, if they were scheduled for further markdown they would have done so because they were both out in the open. So, I'm thinking I'm heading back tomorrow to check again and maybe try to find someone who's a little more willing to help out a customer. Thanks again.