Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

They e-mailed it to me...

Sent: Mon 7/23/2007 5:42 PM

To: adewrell

Subject: Using Coupons at Target

Dear adewrell,

Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping at Target, and we make it easy to use them at our stores. But because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target:

-We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued coupons.

-We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.

-We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in that case, we'll adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.

-We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores

-All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier at the time of sale.

Have questions or want more information about using coupons at Target? Check with a Guest Services Team Leader at your local store. You can also give us a call at (800) 440-0680, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we're here to help!

Thanks for shopping with us. We'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Adam

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

[THREAD ID:1-3M7PAN]

That's awesome. How often do you have to resort to taking it out and showing them?

RE: Target Coupon Policy

I keep a copy of the e-mail that was sent to me from corporate.

It seems that I always have to whip it out when: (A) using a Target Q + Manuf Q; or, (B) the price of the item is less than the coupon face value.

The "B" situation is the more frustrating because a lot of managers don't know that they are supposed to take the coupon and just adjust it down to the price of the item. What is worse is that they, the managers, don't know how to input the coupon price adjustment.

Then we browsed around and I found some 30 piece place dinner plate sets marked down. reg price was 30.88, marked 15.44. I scanned them...15.44, so I grabbed one to use for one of the gifts for the bridal shower I'm giving.

any more info on these, please, in desperate need of new dishes:) thanks

What do you mean "without inserts"?

Crazy find yesterday. I found 2 15 MM packs without inserts, so I price checked them... 69 cents! I have had good luck with the 10 packs, but never seen the 15. Anyone else have this good fortune?

Without any cardboard inserts with their name, nutritional info, etc... They were just 15 apple juices wrapped in plastic.

Without any cardboard inserts with their name, nutritional info, etc... They were just 15 apple juices wrapped in plastic.

that explains why they rang up that way, then. They were using a UPC code on an individual box instead of the one on that missing packaging. Since they have the $.69 code in the system for the cafe, it would work.

I return a fair number of items for my family each year and have had no problem. If I am buying a lot of stuff that I think I might return I either use a different credit card or pay cash. That way you don't have the problem of them tracking it. They can only do it by the credit card, so if you use the same one all the time it could matter. But you have to get to a pretty high threshold before it is an issue.

My friend was banned from returning anything for a year because she returned so many duplicates she had for wedding presents, that were ON HER REGISTERY. And she had receipts. It was a big pain in the rear for her. Ridiculous.

My friend was banned from returning anything for a year because she returned so many duplicates she had for wedding presents, that were ON HER REGISTERY. And she had receipts. It was a big pain in the rear for her. Ridiculous.

They screw up registries all the time. They stink.

That is interesting. Must have been a HUGE number. Was she banned entirely, or just at the local store? I have returned fairly large numbers of items at different times. I really do a lot of those in cash, though. to avoid the whole problem. I had heard about them doing it before. I think my mom saw it on one of those investigative shows or something and told me.

I don't think she tried at another store. I just know it was from her bridal shoewr and then her wedding and they knew it was stuff of her registery and would not make an exception. I returned a couple of things for her later in the year she paid for in cash, or her husband would.

I do like their policy that if you used your checkbook or a charge card you can return without a receipt. That is nice.

Yesterday I found an iron for $7.48, Rubbermaid Take-Alongs for $2.48, Sterlite 8 piece storage bowl sets for $3.48, a couple of stuffed bears for props for my photography business for $4.98 each, bowls, pitcher, etc for $.98 each for DD for college again-all was 50% off. Did buy a couple of things at 30% off also, as I am sure they would not have been there later.

We don't have a local Target, but we were in a town that has one yesterday so I decided to go see if they had any good deals since I'm always reading what all of you find :) Well, I got an xbox 360 Basketball game for $9.98 (it was marked $13.98 but rand up $9.98 which made it even sweeter) and a Transformer regular $19.99 for $9.98. It is a new one too, says it is a Target exclusive and it was the only one left so maybe that is why it was marked down. They also had the xbox 360 Elite holiday bundle out (which Best Buy said is supposed to be released on Tuesday of this coming week) So we picked it up for dh's Christmas gift. All in all, it was a good shopping trip.

I went to Target yesterday - The Harry Potter legos are finally on clearance...for $68.xx!!! I put one behind the Star Wars legos and hope that it will still be there when the price drops again <fingers crossed>.

But... My boyfriend is a HUGE Family Guy fan and the Volume 5 DVD collector's edition just came out. It was in the circular for $29.99 but the sign on the shelf said "AS ADVERTISED FAMILY GUY VERSION FIVE $19.99." SWEET!!! Saved $10.

Also got the pink skillet - $9.xx.

My stores (all 6 of them) are so far behind everyone on this board - when you guys find deals, mine are still full price and don't go 30% for weeks. It's great though because I know what to watch. Our college 07 stuff is only 30% now. The futons everyone got last month - are still $105 here!! Can't wait.

Stopped last night to purchase the 2g USB that was on sale for $24, they were sold out. The guy in Electronics told me he would either give me a raincheck or a deal on a different USB. He gave me a 4g USB for $1 more than the 2g was on sale for.

My DN will be very excited when he opens it for his bday. :yup:

Was the camera the pink one or a silver one? Do you have a DCPI for it? I'm wondering if this is the one that we've all be waiting for it to drop?

If you are waiting for the same Polaroid camera that I am, it is the i533. My local store still hasn't dropped the price any farther. :(

If you are waiting for the same Polaroid camera that I am, it is the i533. My local store still hasn't dropped the price any farther. :(

I stopped by today and it looks like it was raised back to a regular price of $69.99. I snagged one of the shelf tags when they were moving them and resetting the shelf area at one store, and I scanned it today. It showed $69.99. Items ending in .99 are usually regular price. So, we may not get a deal on these after all. I am still going to check one smaller store where I figure there is at least a chance of it still going clearance.

Two things. I am watching for the minifridges to go on sale if anyone sees a bargain. Secondly, microwaves. I think I will probably have to wait until black friday for best deal on one.

got a bath mat (the ones that are like thick towel material) for 3.24 today. oh and these werent on sale but they had halloweenish shirts on a rack for 4 and 5 dollars. Some with skulls and some just bats and spiders..

I dont like that new couponing thing. Did anyone get it in the mail. Unfortunately, i noticed too late that the price on propel wrang up wrong then the coupon only takes 50 cents off one at a time yet you can use it over and over??? I bought two propel 6 paks now I have to go back and waste gas...dang!

I dont like that new couponing thing. Did anyone get it in the mail. Unfortunately, i noticed too late that the price on propel wrang up wrong then the coupon only takes 50 cents off one at a time yet you can use it over and over??? I bought two propel 6 paks now I have to go back and waste gas...dang!

You can't use one coupon more than once. Meaning, if it said 50 off propel, you only get it off one package of propel. They will scan the coupon each time you shop but if you used the propel coupon, that one is voided and only unused coupons will be taken off the next time you shop.

Also if it says 50 off 2 ziplocs and you only buy one, you get nothing off cuz you only bought one.

This is my 3rd one and I like it....

You can't use one coupon more than once. Meaning, if it said 50 off propel, you only get it off one package of propel. They will scan the coupon each time you shop but if you used the propel coupon, that one is voided and only unused coupons will be taken off the next time you shop.

Also if it says 50 off 2 ziplocs and you only buy one, you get nothing off cuz you only bought one.

This is my 3rd one and I like it....

I understand, I just dont like it. What really angers me is that it wrang up 3.29 and not 2.99.

I understand, I just dont like it. What really angers me is that it wrang up 3.29 and not 2.99.

I don't mind the clipless coupon because if you give the cashier the clipless coupon first, you can still use other Target coupons (i.e. ones from the generator or the receipt coupons). However, when I gave the cashier the clipless coupon LAST (after other TARGET coupons), it wouldn't allow the discount. So, now I always put the clipless coupon on top. For some reason (for me anyway) the clipless coupon wouldn't go through if it was scanned AFTER a Target coupon I got from the generator or some other place. I found some of the pampers diapers that were marked down to 30% off (19.xx). I used the clipless first and got $1.50 off, then I used the $5 coupon (from awhile ago); then I used the $3 off pampers wipes and diapers (also from awhile ago--didn't buy the wipes, but cashier pushed it through anyway); then I used a $1.50 manufacturers coupon. Very cheap diapers.

I hope that they don't eliminate the other Target coupons in favor of the clipless though. You can only use it on each item once and it would eliminate the possibility of cashiers pushing coupons through because the cashiers don't really have too much to say about the clipless if the machine won't take it. You usually have to take it to customer service to work it out... big hassle factor.

It appears that the clipless coupon is kind of a new concept to some areas maybe. Some of the cashiers kind of look at it strangely and/or try to keep it after scanning it.

Saw MM juice 15 packs today on clearance for $2.68 (30% off). They were Mixed Berry. Even after the $1 coupon from the generator, the elusive 10 packs for 69 cents are still a better deal. But if you have a hard time finding the 10 packs, these aren't a bad deal either. These clearance 15 packs were at the Stanly store.