Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I went to Target last week and found the mother load of all deals. I got a quilt, 4 curtains, 2 throw pillows, 2 karaoke Cd's and a under the counter stainless steel CD Player! All for under $50. I could not believe my eyes. Or my luck when I walked in and seen 75% that they just marked down and it wasn't picked through. About time. Still wishing for MM though.

Do you have the DPC for the stainless steel CD player?

i wish the big leopard pillows and armchairs will go dwn to %50 they have been %30 for a while i need 4 so bad :(

I never saw these anywhere before...then suddenly almost an entire aisle appeared in my store marked at 50% off. I really want 75% so am holding out a few more days.

Hey, expert end-cap shoppers, does this mean all the great deals (like 75%) will be impossible to find until after Christmas? That would be good for my purse, but I have become addicted to finding the bargains!

Like the PP said, we still have Halloween left, nd after that its usually slim pickings until after Christmas. It sucks, but atthe same time its good, lol.

Like the PP said, we still have Halloween left, nd after that its usually slim pickings until after Christmas. It sucks, but atthe same time its good, lol.

Yeah, it is good because I have a tendency to buy things just because it is a good price. I guess I will be saving much needed money for Christmas.

Here's what I found today:

Big boxes of Pampers Cruisers with 2 bonus packs of wipes inside reg. 28.xx now 19.xx

(only sizes 5 and 6 left)

Similac and Enfamil bonus 20% more cans of powder 21.xx

Tyson microwave bacon was 2.99 now 2.08

Target brand frozen beef patties was 8.xx now 2.08

Purell Hand Sanitizer 1.37 FREE after 1.50 coupon

Kibbles n Bits dog food WITH A $5 Kibbles n Bits gift card inside (16 lb I think) 4.99 after Target and manf. coupons

Backyardigans book with sound was 14.xx now 2.98

Can anyone give me the dcpi code for the convection microwave and the stainless cd player?

Went to Target and found full size sheet sets for $3.98 - nothing else really clearanced though.

Try this for the CD Player - 057030053

I got one a while back (Trutech/under counter) and the picture on the box looks like stainless. It was $14.98 about 2-3 weeks ago, marked down from $29.99

Has anyone seen the 512mb SD cards lately? I have been searching the KC metro area and can't find any! I don't care which brand. I was told by the electronics department that they were no longer carrying anything below 1gb and clearanced off all the 512mb. Thanks!

Try Circuit City or Best Buy.

Has anyone seen the 512mb SD cards lately? I have been searching the KC metro area and can't find any! I don't care which brand. I was told by the electronics department that they were no longer carrying anything below 1gb and clearanced off all the 512mb. Thanks!

I saw them on 75% off clearance Monday. The electronics guy pointed them out to me b/c he knows I am a clearance shopper.

We still have Halloween clearance!!

And the MM's! I went perusing in 2 stores today with nothing to shop for. No MM's in the first store so I bought a box of cereal that DH likes. 2nd store had tons of food clearanced plus about 10 mm's out. I bought 4 and some misc other things to pad the bill. Used my 4 mm coupons and left. Checked the receipt and only one coupon came off. I didn't bother to complain since I still only paid 1.76 for 40 juice boxes but still. Now I have to go back tomorrow and hunt for more and use more coupons and buy more stuff to pad my bill.

Can you say ADDICTED?:(

oh, for those of you who can buy wine at your Targets. I bought the Mirassou Riesling for 50% off $4.98 and the Friexienet Brut (sparkling wine) for 50% off $4.98. DH and I are wine drinkers, I think it comes from living in CA so long, and we are picky. These are both good, drinkable wines. We had the Riesling last night with a pork roast. If you are usually a Chardonnay person, the you will probably like the Riesling. It goes with many of the same foods, but is a bit fruitier. The sparkling wine is one we keep in the fridge most of the time just to have around. It is great to pop open when you have even a small thing to celebrate. Just my $.02, but thought I would throw it out there.

also in the food section, today i found archer farms teryaki beef patties in 2lb boxes, orig. $6.99, on sale for $1.74. spiral deli sandwich platters orig. $11.99, on sale for $3.04. and archer farms maryland crab cakes orig. $5.99, on sale for $1.54

Try this for the CD Player - 057030053

I got one a while back (Trutech/under counter) and the picture on the box looks like stainless. It was $14.98 about 2-3 weeks ago, marked down from $29.99

Yes that is the one I got last week too but I got mine for $7.48! I was so excited and it looks and sounds great!

I took care of my xmas shopping for my office colleaugues-all 75% off.

They had various Xmas candles with different scents for $1.99. They are the big jar candles that are originally $8.99.

Shave kit-originally $14.99 for $3.24.

I also picked up the V-Smile baby cartidge for $3.24 originally $14.99. Anyone know where I can p/u the V Smile system?

oh, for those of you who can buy wine at your Targets. I bought the Mirassou Riesling for 50% off $4.98 and the Friexienet Brut (sparkling wine) for 50% off $4.98. DH and I are wine drinkers, I think it comes from living in CA so long, and we are picky. These are both good, drinkable wines. We had the Riesling last night with a pork roast. If you are usually a Chardonnay person, the you will probably like the Riesling. It goes with many of the same foods, but is a bit fruitier. The sparkling wine is one we keep in the fridge most of the time just to have around. It is great to pop open when you have even a small thing to celebrate. Just my $.02, but thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm have no clue when it comes to wines, lol. I had been checking several of them out though since there were so many clearance signs in that section.

We have a couple of gatherings coming up and figured I'd have something on hand for those who wanted it.

I was last there on Sunday but several of the display applicances were marked down further and placed on an end cap. I know there was an rival ice cream maker clearanced 10.xx and the display was $7.xx, display tea maker was 4.xx, they had the 4.5qt kitchenmaid mixer for 82.xx display. forget brand but also a red toaster, some calphalon 8qt pan/pot, sure I'm forgetting some things.

I only bought a hamilton beach 10 speed blender for 9.xx and personal size blender for 4.xx, 2pk bonus pS2 games for 10.xx. lots of other clearance previously mention was still out also.

My daughter is totally ready for college next fall, with all the dorm stuff I found for at least 50% off. Also bought all my graduation gifts for her friends in these departments. Best deals were probably the $39.99 laptop bookbag for $9.99, and the $149.99 futon for $37.50.

I bought the last two-one for her and one for her boyfriend for Christmas. One gift down-so many to go!:eek:

My daughter is also graduating this year, what did you buy for her friends? I'm having a hard time thinking of something. She has 20 plus close friends:yup:

Not at my Target either....our clearance isn't very good in any department right now though.

I think the summer ones went salvage. No longer in my stores (MI). But they might be at Goodwill now--they get most of the Target salvage. My DD got the kiddos some real cute shoes at KMart last week for $2.xx though.

I also picked up the V-Smile baby cartidge for $3.24 originally $14.99. Anyone know where I can p/u the V Smile system?

If it's a V-Smile Baby cartridge, it uses a different system than the regular V-Smile games...someone had one in their ad this past Sunday for $34.xx...can't remember who, but that is the general price, as our little ds got one last year from his godfather, and that was right around what I was seeing them for then...

I returned a bunch of odds and ends tonight. Mostly stuff that I had rebought when it went on further clearance. While I was there, they were "auditing" the return stuff. The girl was doing it in front of the counter and the other one thought that was strange so they kept talking about it.

Well, during my return which did take a while with about 8 receipts etc they were boxing up stuff that was "green". The funny part is that at first the stuff they were boxing actually was green so I thought it was odd but thought that's what they were doing. One of them looked to me to be a large green comforter but then they said it was a dog bed and didn't have to go in a box cuz it could go on it's own. Then they told the girl doing my return to salvage things while she was doing my return that it could be done in the same transaction. She had green stickers and red stickers. Before they boxed the stuff they scanned it with one of the hand held computer guns because they made a comment the ones I had just returned weren't showing up right but that's because it wasn't complete yet. They were taking the stuff right from my return to the "green" box. I'm 1/2 tempted to see if the stuff I took back ends up at Goodwill but only tempted lol. I also wonder if the red is sent back to somewhere or destroyed.... I suppose I could have just asked them what they were doing and they probably would have told me.... I was too busy being bored, lol.

What I returned that went "green" was some of the $ spot dorm stuff that had gone to 75% off weeks ago. A college dorm rolling mirror with the basket underneath it. I will say that these get the job done but are horrible quality and a HUGE pain in the but to assemble!! Not even worth the $7.00 at 75% off I got it for but I had put my friends together for her first so I returned mine.. A large red Energizer flashlight and some masking tape.

The only thing that I had that was red was some Irish Spring soap. So that's why I think it could have been destroy?

Most of the time I'm afraid to return something b/c I've heard that stores track returns and are going to set limits. Almost all of my returns are b/c of wrong size on the kids or something like that. I haven't really bought something cheaper and taken the higher priced one back. Is it true that they might start limiting returns?

Most of the time I'm afraid to return something b/c I've heard that stores track returns and are going to set limits. Almost all of my returns are b/c of wrong size on the kids or something like that. I haven't really bought something cheaper and taken the higher priced one back. Is it true that they might start limiting returns?

I dont know how they could possibly limit the returns if you have a receipt. I think they limit the returns on items that have no receipt.. but thats just my opinion!!!

I returned a bunch of odds and ends tonight. Mostly stuff that I had rebought when it went on further clearance. While I was there, they were "auditing" the return stuff. The girl was doing it in front of the counter and the other one thought that was strange so they kept talking about it.

Well, during my return which did take a while with about 8 receipts etc they were boxing up stuff that was "green". The funny part is that at first the stuff they were boxing actually was green so I thought it was odd but thought that's what they were doing. One of them looked to me to be a large green comforter but then they said it was a dog bed and didn't have to go in a box cuz it could go on it's own. Then they told the girl doing my return to salvage things while she was doing my return that it could be done in the same transaction. She had green stickers and red stickers. Before they boxed the stuff they scanned it with one of the hand held computer guns because they made a comment the ones I had just returned weren't showing up right but that's because it wasn't complete yet. They were taking the stuff right from my return to the "green" box. I'm 1/2 tempted to see if the stuff I took back ends up at Goodwill but only tempted lol. I also wonder if the red is sent back to somewhere or destroyed.... I suppose I could have just asked them what they were doing and they probably would have told me.... I was too busy being bored, lol.

What I returned that went "green" was some of the $ spot dorm stuff that had gone to 75% off weeks ago. A college dorm rolling mirror with the basket underneath it. I will say that these get the job done but are horrible quality and a HUGE pain in the but to assemble!! Not even worth the $7.00 at 75% off I got it for but I had put my friends together for her first so I returned mine.. A large red Energizer flashlight and some masking tape.

The only thing that I had that was red was some Irish Spring soap. So that's why I think it could have been destroy?

It could be destroyed or manufacturer return, though destroy seems more likely with soap.

This all reminds me of a conversation we had with someone on the list who liked "sticking it to Target" by buying clearance. I had a conversation with a girlfriend of mine who used to b a buyer for Macys in New York the other day. We were talking about Target clearance (I buy for her because she has trouble getting out as much as I do), and she said that no matter what price they sell an item for they are still making money. That is because 1) they have already sold umpteen units at regular price and made a profit, 2) they get discount dollars from the manufacturers for items that don't sell well, 3) they can recoup a chunk for salvage if they need to and 4) they get the tax write-off of donations. A lot of these points came up when we had the discussion, but I hadn't thought about it in quite that orderly way before. And I didn't know about the discount dollars from the manufacturers.

I return a fair number of items for my family each year and have had no problem. If I am buying a lot of stuff that I think I might return I either use a different credit card or pay cash. That way you don't have the problem of them tracking it. They can only do it by the credit card, so if you use the same one all the time it could matter. But you have to get to a pretty high threshold before it is an issue.