Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

If it is white and comes in a box and looks like the plug and play games then yes, it was 75% off today. Pretty sure it is what you are talking about.

Yeah that's it. It was only 50% off here today. Maybe I'll have to go back and check it out.

If anyone needs boys shirts you should go right away to Target at the Eastwood Mall, they have all their short sleeve shirts priced $1.98 and $2.50. Really nice polo and printed t-shirts. They must have done it recently because they have a ton. Some shorts and other things but lots of shirts. I also got a bookcase that was clearanced to 59.00 with 10% off because they sold me the display, so not everything goes to charity, glad I asked.:)

I was just in mine today and they had their uniforms on clearance, either 30 or 50% off.

I'm in Northeast Ohio

School uniforms here just disappeared. They didn't even clearance them as far as I know. One day they were there, then suddenly they weren't. Don't know what they expect parents to do when kids either outgrow them or they need warmer shirts when it gets cold. Guess I'll go to Walmart for them. :(

Found a couple of good things tonight:

Black tv stand, 248 11 0219, reg $40, paid $5.04

Club chairs, 249-13-0042, $75, only the displays are left but they're willing to sell them

Santa Fe bookcase, 249-09-0001, reg $199, now $50

Santa Fe corner tv stand, 249-09-0637, reg $179, now $47.48

Santa Fe 40" tv cabinet, 249-09-0025, reg $189, now $47.xx

2-pack of wooden trivets, reg $5.99, paid $.74 cents

TruTech Under Cabinet Radio/CD Player, 008-05-0053, reg $30, paid $15 (thre reviews on this aren't great but I bought one it works fine for me - got all the same stations my Sony does)

Do you know the dpci number for the club chair?

Got the last black club chair at 75% off here today...been calling all around, because I wanted two, but I can't seem to scrounge up another one!

Someone asked for the dcpi...here it is...

249-13-0054

Here it is again...

Just wanted everyone to know how great the deal on the bookshelf was I got today.

It was a Thomas O'brien Bi-Fold Shelf (just found it online), original price $239 price today $55.00. If there is one at your store on display they will sell it at least they did here.

I got the Polaroid 7" Digital Photo Frame for 50% off today: $49.98. I picked up for Christmas gifts and one for myself! Why hang out in a BF line for a noname one when you can get a good quality brand name one now?!?!? Yeah! Still no movement on the cameras, though.

DO U HAVE THE # FOR THE FRAME?

I checked my Target today and they had 2 leather chairs on display same ones everyone is talking about and I had an employee scan the tags and full price. WTH Why are the Targets so different?

Was it actually a brown club chair? Those are full price here too although the black ones went to 75% off. I am now waiting for the brown to go down in price since I missed the black and would prefer the brown....

I got the Polaroid 7" Digital Photo Frame for 50% off today: $49.98. I picked up for Christmas gifts and one for myself! Why hang out in a BF line for a noname one when you can get a good quality brand name one now?!?!? Yeah! Still no movement on the cameras, though.

Great deal!! Super Christmas gift for the grandparents!! Do you have the DCPI number? Thanks!

Was it actually a brown club chair? Those are full price here too although the black ones went to 75% off. I am now waiting for the brown to go down in price since I missed the black and would prefer the brown....

Both colors here went on clearance...in fact, the last one in the box that I bought was black, and the brown one that was left was the display, which they would've sold to me, as well, but I didn't take it (though the colors are so similar that I really couldn't see the difference, and they were for our basement, so who'd really care), because it had a 3-inch scuff on the side, in addition to the holes in the feet from where they screwed it down to the display endcap...

If you ever have an opportunity to head to an older Target to check out their clearance-- I have two words for you-- DO IT! Especially, if the merchandise does not appeal to the demographic and if the store has not go through the company's most recent remodel from the year 2000. You will finds some their best product at the lowest prices. Plus, in these stores, after the markdown process (i.e. 15/30, 50, 75) they will also "price kill" their remaining non-Holiday clearance to 85% off to sell the merchandise and help the store with its goal. Be advise, "price killing" normally happens every 8 weeks, so be patient, and remember, you will not (normally) find these deals at a popular/heavily shopped Target/SuperTarget.

M

I was just wondering how you know which stores are older? I live in Northern California and I know my store has been remodeled, I remember it a couple of years ago. I know where the Super Targets, etc. But if I wanted to drive to a neighboring town to go to one of these older targets, is there a way to know which one to go to?

Yep, I saw the school uniform ones at 75% off today too. Unfortunately, none for DS.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that new member hotracermike24 is a Target employee. Maybe he can give us the heads up now? How about it hotracermike24?

I used to be a Target employee-- now, I'm just one of their very attentive shoppers-- I just like to share some of my discoveries with other diehard shoppers-- like yourself. Anything I see anywhere, I will certainly pass along. ;) Thanks for the shout-out--

M--

I was just wondering how you know which stores are older? I live in Northern California and I know my store has been remodeled, I remember it a couple of years ago. I know where the Super Targets, etc. But if I wanted to drive to a neighboring town to go to one of these older targets, is there a way to know which one to go to?

Not really, just keep your eyes and ears open. Normally, the older stores in existing locations from their initial expansion in the 80's and 90's are the ones I would head to. Look especially in older shopping/strip malls. That should help you out. Good luck!

M--

I checked my Target today and they had 2 leather chairs on display same ones everyone is talking about and I had an employee scan the tags and full price. WTH Why are the Targets so different?

This is really the fun of shopping Target....or I guess it can be the big pain of shopping Target.

I shop about 4 Targets periodically and have found things 75% off in one that stay full price for MONTHS in others. So if you have more than one Target you can visit, it never hurts to look. Tis why this thread is titled PERUSING. ;)

Yesterday, I went to several Target stores. At all of them they were marking down almost all of the clearance clothes in the infant/toddler and boys & girls departments to 75% off. I got several girls swim suits and tons of shirts and shorts. They also had all of their SCHOOL UNIFORMS 75% off.

WooHOo!!!!

Got the low, 'circle' chair (kind of matched the futon) for 22.48 today! got the last 2 at our store (with those and the futon, I can redo the entire kids game room now!) (249130077)

atomic clock and weather stations were 75% off, got one for 8.74 and another for 14.98 (085000561 and 085000564)

Idog 6.94 (087020917)

safety hammer 2.48 (092030405) *this is the one you keep in your car and it can break windows and cut seat belts

2 dvd cases for 3.74 each...they had TONS of the various sizes and models of CD and DVD cases on clearance

tons of those flashlights that take D batteries, big red plastic flashlights, perfect for emergency kit, only $.34 each! (092080842)

Found a lexmark printer probably not the greatest quality but for the kids who cares for $8.68. It is lexmark color all in one. I think the model is 1260 I will check my box.

I have the 1270 that I got on clearance a while back. I think I paid $20 something at either 50 or 75% off. I have been very happy with teh scan, copy, and print functions!

I asked a friend who used to work for Target about any advice she would have. She said that often in electronic clearance if you ask about the display model, they will discount it an additional 30% off the clearance price. They don't mark it most of the time, you have to ask.