Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Ok I got the Vtech handheld and a charger for it last night. Now all I need is the tv system and some games, all our games here are full price. I am still willing to buy one off someone. Please keep me in mind. We couldnt afford one last year so really want to get her one this year

I was at a store this Saturday and we cruised the toy aisle. I had already spent $150 at this store on Thursday so I wasn't expecting to find much, however, I was able to find a couple of things that were either mistagged on the regular aisle or not tagged at all as clearance.

The fisher price music imagine chair thing was only marked 30% on the tag and it was in its regular spot on the shelf but I told my mom to scan it and it scanned 75% off. My mom bought it for my grandma to give one of the greatgrandkids as a birthday gift.

I also found 2 v-smile games (the batman, and the alladin) for $4.97. They were on the shelf with the regular games and they weren't tagged at all. I knew they were clearance though because I had bought each of those titles on Thursday for my kids.

My mom said I needed to come with her to Target all the time because I catch stuff like that which she doesn't, LOL. I attribute this new skill to reading these boards and having an eagle eye now for bargains. Thanks everyone!!

I got a Vie brand Camcorder case for 93 cents today. It took some work, and some attitude from the manager person, but it's in my house now.

I picked up a cute girly camcorder case. It was the last one on the shelf and didn't have a UPC label or card or anything, so I asked the associate in the electronics dept if they knew how much it was. He didn't, so he picked up a nicer one and said he could give it to me for 30% off the nicer one's price. That didn't work for me because the other one was nicer and had more padding and pockets and stuff and all the other Vie stuff was 50% off for the same style, just different stuff, like the nano cases and the camera bags, so he said I could go up to Customer service and maybe they could help me. I said OK and went up to CS where I met a really nice young lady and a real "witch" of a CSM type person. The CSM person went back to Electronics to talk to them I guess. After about 5 minutes, I decided to look up the case on Target.com and it had a price of $9.99 and the DCPI for the case, so I gave that to the nice associate. She plugged in the Number and said that there was a problem and so she called the CSM person back up to the front. She came up and said "that's not right" She punched in some more numbers and said "fine, give it to her. You just got the deal of the day" I still have no idea what the problem is, or the price or anything. At 50% off of the website price of $9.99, , I was thinking it was probably ringing up at $4.98. Her tone of voice was like I was taking the money directly from her pocket or trying to get over or something. Not a nice person at all. I felt like I was doing something wrong.

The original offer of 30% off of the $14.99 one would have been more than the correct original price of the camcorder bag of $9.99

Anyway, 'nuff rambling LOL

Here's the bag

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/517CXVpAzdL._SS260_.jpg

and here's the DCPI if anyone else wants to try to find it LOL 056-04-0821

Ok I got the Vtech handheld and a charger for it last night. Now all I need is the tv system and some games, all our games here are full price. I am still willing to buy one off someone. Please keep me in mind. We couldnt afford one last year so really want to get her one this year

the handheld works with the TV. why bother getting a second system? my boys have been using their new ones on the TV just fine.

the handheld works with the TV. why bother getting a second system? my boys have been using their new ones on the TV just fine.

Ditto. No need to buy both.

The only difference is having the joystick-shape controller for the TV system, but the keypad on the handheld works just as well.

Its funny browsing the local craigslist site seeing "Brand New in Box V.smiles" for $35 and "Brand New VSmile Video Games" Spiderman and Batman for $18.

Its obvious this seller is a Target shopper....;)

Oh yeah, you always see that right after their clearance. That and ebay. I haven't looked, but I would be surprised if it wasn't flooded with all the new clearance stuff.

Oh yeah, you always see that right after their clearance. That and ebay. I haven't looked, but I would be surprised if it wasn't flooded with all the new clearance stuff.

that's what I don't like...some people really wait for this clearance because it help to get thru the christmas without filling for bankrupcy!! and some others just wan't to make a profit.

that's what I don't like...some people really wait for this clearance because it help to get thru the christmas without filling for bankrupcy!! and some others just wan't to make a profit.

And then there are some that buy to sell which supplements their fixed monthly income. I have a friend that does that. She sells on ebay to help pay for her kids school clothes and extras for them. I am not sure she makes a lot when you factor in the gas,wear on her car,cost to list and sell it and the overhead if it DOESNT sell right away.. who knows:g_shrug: :g_shrug:

Ditto. No need to buy both.

The only difference is having the joystick-shape controller for the TV system, but the keypad on the handheld works just as well.

COOL thank you both for telling me that I didnt know so now I guess I can spend the money I was going to spend on the other system and buy her some games. None of my targets had them on clearance.:gdthums:

I saw the Amana Gas Grills on sale at the Target in Rockford, IL this weekend for $239.00 (original price $279.00) The tag said that it was a clearance price, but I have seen the grills priced for $225 at one other time this summer. Is it possible that the tag price is higher than the scan price?

Okay. I called the 800 number and they told me that the manufacturer of the Play Wonder Kitchen simply removed it from the market. So, they are having to pull them. The manufacturer apparently gave no explanation as to why they are pulling the product, so that makes me pretty suspicious. I would certainly hold off giving any of these wooden Play Wonder items to little ones if it were me. Given how many items are getting recalled for lead paint, and these are painted and made in China, and now the manufacturer is pulling at least one of them from the market? Just screams lead paint all over again. I'll have to talk things over with DH to decide what to do about our set. The boys REALLY like it, so I am not sure. They have both been okay with regard to blood lead levels in previous Dr. visits, so maybe it is okay.

Well, you can look at it that way, but it could be that they are keeping out of bankruptcy by selling the stuff on ebay...Lots of stay at home moms do it.

COOL thank you both for telling me that I didnt know so now I guess I can spend the money I was going to spend on the other system and buy her some games. None of my targets had them on clearance.:gdthums:

Oh, and the games are all on sale this week! they are about $2 less than usual. Not a lot, but they don't usually go on sale except during the big holiday things. I think TRU also has a deal on Vtech stuff. You might check that out.

Okay. I called the 800 number and they told me that the manufacturer of the Play Wonder Kitchen simply removed it from the market. So, they are having to pull them. The manufacturer apparently gave no explanation as to why they are pulling the product, so that makes me pretty suspicious. I would certainly hold off giving any of these wooden Play Wonder items to little ones if it were me. Given how many items are getting recalled for lead paint, and these are painted and made in China, and now the manufacturer is pulling at least one of them from the market? Just screams lead paint all over again. I'll have to talk things over with DH to decide what to do about our set. The boys REALLY like it, so I am not sure. They have both been okay with regard to blood lead levels in previous Dr. visits, so maybe it is okay.

So did they say we could return it if we wanted to be completely safe?

I know it's not as great of a steal as 4.97 for a game but around Black Friday I got a few for 14.95. A lot of the stores had them about 5.00 off around Christmas time last year.

has anyone seen the little wooden bike with no wheels? (thats supposed to help teach the kids to balance) it might be play wonder (i forget). i was there on tuesday and it was 50% i hope it went down since then. they had a bunch of them.

Do you know if the wooden bike is on Target website? I am just trying to figure out what it is, as I am trying to teach my daughter to ride her bike.

Do you know if the wooden bike is on Target website? I am just trying to figure out what it is, as I am trying to teach my daughter to ride her bike.

It has wheels but no pedals. I have never really understood how these were supposed to help, but this is a similar one:

http://www.skuut.com/assets/home/home_mainsplash_01.jpg

Looked at Target.com. No recall notice for the kitchen (Santa brought one to my neice last year) The BBQ Grill shows recalled due to "Laceration" risk. The Play Wonder Puzzle Table shows recalled due to "Laceration" risk or "Choking" hazard.

Will have hubby check with Guest Service. He is an employee.

Looked at Target.com. No recall notice for the kitchen (Santa brought one to my neice last year) The BBQ Grill shows recalled due to "Laceration" risk. The Play Wonder Puzzle Table shows recalled due to "Laceration" risk or "Choking" hazard.

Will have hubby check with Guest Service. He is an employee.

Please let us know what they told your hubby... Thanks alot!!!

All toys at 75% here except the Doodle Bears. I finished up all of my Christmas shopping for my daycare kids! :g_dance:

This is driving me nuts! This is the one toy I wanted that I havent got yet. Everything else seems to be 75% off except this. I want it for $3.74 not $7.44. My husband thinks I am nuts:cheesy:

This is driving me nuts! This is the one toy I wanted that I havent got yet. Everything else seems to be 75% off except this. I want it for $3.74 not $7.44. My husband thinks I am nuts:cheesy:

I paid $7.44, but I got the last cute one. I'm happy. Will make a cute gift.

Went to Target and found 1 whole item to buy that was on clearance... :( There were only a couple toys and outdoor items on clearance and they were at 30% off. Geez, what's up with my Target!?!

Don't feel bad, my Target sucks too. I've been watching the Target threads for well over a year and have NEVER been able to get any of the deals. Until that is, we went out of town and just happened to be able to get the 75% off toys.

Not much left at 75% but I did find really nice foam princess chair orignally 39.99 marked down to $8 - there were quite a few all on the top shelf. Also saw travel system (carseat and stroller) marked $44 down from $179!

Just curious.. Can you tell me the name of the travel system you got, and any

code/item numbers it has?

TIA. :)