Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I am school shopping with my girls tomorrow. I plan on hitting atleast 3 Targets in the St. Louis area. I will let you all know what I find.

Oh please do! I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to drive all the way to St Louis on Saturday.

In Orlando, Fl it is still 30% off toys.

Which store did you try? I went to the Conroy store at 9AM and 8PM and it was still 30-50%off in toys but I went to the Ocoee store around 4pm and made out pretty well, although I could tell it was picked over a little bit. Another poster said that Clermont went 75% off today, too.

For those who are looking for items, here's what I found at 75% off

Ocean Wonders Aquariam for crib

Baby Leap Pad (6-36 mos.)

Pooh, Dora and Counting fish cartridges for the Baby Leap Pad

Dinosaur Mega Doodle

Water Doodle lap pad

Tub Crayons

I also saw, but didn't buy...

My Little Pony Unicorn with hair accessories

Home ballet studio with dvd

Lots of Pirates figures, etc.

Spiderman that sings Itsy Bitsy Spider

Polly Pocket stuff

Dora Castle Figurines

Wooden Cherries for Fruit Stand

Bath Hippos

Cabbage Patch Kids clothes

I didn't know about the new garden rd target or the one in Kernersville and have never been to the one in High Point. Do you find good deals over there as well? I usually find good deals on Wendover tool, but I decided to hit up Lawndale and the one in Burlington, today, I came out with 2 baskets full of deals, and smh I still didnt get the car seat, no room. lol

Maybe we will run into each other one day. We can keep each other posted. Once some of the kiddos get back to school I can get around much easier. I did manage to get 3 of the 4 things I wanted for dd upcoming 1st birthday. Yay. I finally found one of the step 2 wagons for $15, thought I had missed those.

High Point one does not get as much traffic, but I usually don't find a lot of great deals there. For me, it is about the same as the Lawndale store. The new one in Kernersville is only 10 minutes from me though, and they have great markdowns!!! I love that new store.

Great find on the wagon! I have not seen any of those around lately!

OK--I'm coming out of lurkdom since I see folks in my area ;) . I live in Greensboro. The "new" Target on New Garden Road used to be the best-kept secret for clearance deals, but people have discovered it now. I was there yesterday morning while the markdown and re-organizing was going on and got a cart full of toys for fall birthday parties and Christmas. There were a ton of moms and kids there, but it wasn't a madhouse. Everyone was letting their kids play in the aisles while they shopped and compared finds. The markdown team would let us know if they ran across something that was a new addition or a good deal (ie Barbies for less than $2.00). I feel like going back today to see what is left, but that is silly, right? :smirk: I saw a bunch of train tables fly off a shelf and got the last one for a friend. I did see a couple of the red wagons for 2 still there when I left.

Drives DH nuts when I do this (I did the same thing after Christmas) but then he is so happy when a birthday party invite shows up and I go "shopping" in the guest room for a nice gift for cheap!

in Toledo I saw 2 more train tables for 19.99 at the Alexis store. I went to three of the stores yesterday and wills top by the last one today.

Good Luck!

Miranda

Was that you in there with 2 carts full of toys :)

I was in there last night and picked up quite a few toys and saw the train tables. There was only one left but another got put back just as I was walking away. I have 2 boys and found many things for them. The girl stuff was wiped clean! I found a few items for younger ones which will come in handy for the little ones I take care of during the day. I have my own in home day care so most toys come in handy at one time or another. Last night I picked up-

Crazy Chalk Sidewalk rolling stamper reg $9.99 for $2.48

Talking Bug I.D. magnifying glass reg $14.99 for $3.74

Two Batman transforming vehicles reg $9.99 each for $2.48 each

Power Ranger Operation Overdrive set reg $19.99 for $4.98

Creature bug net for $2.48

Doodle Pro Dinosaurs reg $14.99 for $3.74

Aquadoodle 123 Draw with Me Puzzle N' Doodle reg $19.99 for $4.98

I was very happy with what I walked out with. I had my DH and DS with me so I had to be quick and DH had to distract DS while I quickly put items in my cart. With having so many lil ones in car seats during the day it is impossible for me to get to Target in the mornings and catch most of the great deals so I was very happy that there were so many things left when I went in there around 6pm.

I had to go back around 8:30 (I forgot socks..what I went in there for the first time :g_laughin) and went back there (the toys) real quick to see if I could find a few more things and the shelves were looking pretty empty.

Was that you in there with 2 carts full of toys :)

actually i only found a few things at that store! :) there were the 3 train tables and i took one, then just a few other things. That was the most picked over of the stores I went to. I went to the perrysburg store I think right around when they started and left with an entire cart full. Then I stopped at the one on Monroe and left with half a cart including the last vsmile pocket, then Alexis. My 2 year old was pretty good considering. I am gonna run to spring meadows today just to see.

I was surprised that although a lot was 75% off there is still several items at 30-50%

Miranda

Ahhh....Glad to hear everyone got such good toy deals! I did too. I hit several stores. Ran into a gal in a neighboring town who was frustrated because she nearly missed the toy sale entirely. Told her about this site, so hopefully she'll link in.

We had on 4 of the 6 stores I visited with markdowns done. So, I guess those other stores will do it either today or next week.

If your store wasn't marked down yesterday, please post when it happens, and I'll drive back out to that store. It is a bit far to go without thinking they probalby did it.

I visited two stores in St. Louis last night, Ballwin and Chesterfield Valley. Chesterfield had nothing (some bulk items 30% though), but I did pretty well in Ballwin for boys in the 2-4 range. Overall though I was pretty dissapointed. I did snag a dinosaur manga doodle, Fisher Price Dino that lights up and makes noise, Aquadoodle foam mat, some wooden cars from the play wonder assortment, a nice Scrabble game, and a Scoop carrying case from Bob the Builder for 75% off. Oh well, I cleaned up after last Christmas so i guess I can't complain!:)

I decided to go to a different target today and they were having the 75% but not much left. I get a polly flying doll and a cheerleader barbie ($3.74) the vsmiles all gone..went to my usuall store and nothing change everything 30% and some 50%.

There were just to vsmiles (the pink) so I decided to hide one I don't like to do that but I been going to the store for two weeks now. Let's see what happens next week

If anyone is in Columbia, SC - Garners Ferry Road is 75% and there are tons of stuff left.

I picked up a few things:

Spongebob Monopoly $6

Family feud DVD game $12

Hand held hangman $2.48

Handheld spongebob something $2.48

Michael Graves poker set $4.98

OK--I'm coming out of lurkdom since I see folks in my area ;) . I live in Greensboro. The "new" Target on New Garden Road used to be the best-kept secret for clearance deals, but people have discovered it now. I was there yesterday morning while the markdown and re-organizing was going on and got a cart full of toys for fall birthday parties and Christmas. There were a ton of moms and kids there, but it wasn't a madhouse. Everyone was letting their kids play in the aisles while they shopped and compared finds. The markdown team would let us know if they ran across something that was a new addition or a good deal (ie Barbies for less than $2.00). I feel like going back today to see what is left, but that is silly, right? :smirk: I saw a bunch of train tables fly off a shelf and got the last one for a friend. I did see a couple of the red wagons for 2 still there when I left.

Drives DH nuts when I do this (I did the same thing after Christmas) but then he is so happy when a birthday party invite shows up and I go "shopping" in the guest room for a nice gift for cheap!

Hi Sarahscoupons

Nice to see someone else in the area, I mostly lurk too, lol , since by the time I get out someone else has already posted the deals I find. I was tempted to go back today, especially since I'm officially still looking for a convertible carseat.

BTW if either of you come across any olive pompeii pillows, will you please let me know? I'd like to get a few (3) more. I got 2 a month ago for 6.24 down from 24.99 but didn't see anymore. I lucked up and found 1 more yesterday but scanning item not found, they punched in code and sold it to me tho. Here's a link to them online still at full price. http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1186113590/ref=sr_1_1/602-6724310-7207016?ie=UTF8&asin=B000KU8YCG

OMG just back from the target and must have bought $400 stuff for $98.00. The best was the scrabble and Monopoly sets in the plastic boxes. for $4.98. I am so happy. Now to go and hide all the stuff before DH comes home. :D

Target at Scottsdale Pavilions in AZ is going 75% right now.

They were just finishing up the aisles as I was there.

I grabbed a "few" things (atleast thats what I tell DH)

Green Gigapet

Batman Vsmile smartridge (also had Spiderman Doc Oc, but already have it)

LeapFrog Alphabet Go Fish and Math Rummy

POTC Dress Up set

POTC Jack Sparrow Figure

Power Rangers Knife/Sword

Power Rangers Dress Up

Hot Wheels Starter Set

Spongebob Monopoly

Michael Graves Scrabble, Poker

Michael Graves Wooden Building Blocks

Lets Play Together Flip n' Slide bench

Lets Play Together Melody Mixin' Drum

Weebles Weebly Knight & Ogres Adventure

Laugh and Learn Teaching Clock

Leap Frog See and Learn Driver

Dinosaur Doodle Pro

There were tons of Dora and Diego toys but I passed due to the recent recall.

And pretty much the entire Barbie aisle was clearance.

Thanks for the heads up about the "new" Target. I may have to go check it out! I have only been to Target 4 times in the past 2 days, what's one more trip??? Anyway, it is great to see other locals on here. Maybe we can help each other when we are looking for something specific! By the way, have either of you Greensboro folks saw anymore of the Nestle Good Start formula large cans at 11.xx? Last time I was at Lawndale they still had quite a bit. I would like to get some more if there is any left out there- wonder if it would actually get to 75% before it is bought? Thanks!

Yesterday was so much fun. Although I hate that Target does their summer sandal sell-off the SAME day as the toy sell off. They did that the year before last as well. I was as interested in getting lots of the cute hello kitty and Barbie sandals for 3 bucks as I was to get the toys cheap. Fortunately I think most were in the toy aisle so I sped through there real quick and then breezed through shoes. I bought 23 pair for my sister's kids and my kids. They had some incredibly cute sandals this year-- IMO.

I did super at the two local stores in West Palm Beach

1. Barbie make-up head 2.48

2. Large my little pony which came with hair clips and stickers 2.48

3. aquadoodle travel set 3,72

4. my little pony unicorn with wings that move 2.47

5. My little mommy sleeepy doll 4.98

6. Large play-doh set with plastic sheet that you build with 1.74

7. v-tech infant toy ice-cream shoppe 3.74

8. v-smile cartridge shrek 4.97

9. battery operated spirogragh 1.24

10. Hot-wheels car that changes colors 1.24

11. Mermaid Dora 1.48 (Will have to make sure it has not been recalled)

12. Tub toy Diego 2.48

13. Various princess wigs and tiaras from disney all 75%

However my best buy was My first Leap pad Dora edition 6.24 which also came with additional cartridge.

Does anyone know if they are dis-continuing My first leap pad because I could not find any additional books for sale.?

Okay.. I am back and visited 3 Targets in the St. Louis area. All three were a mixed bag. They had both signs up 30% and 75%. Most items were picked over. I found some chargers and cases for the vsmile pocket a few games for 4.xx for the vsmile. They had a few handheld games, the fairytopia barbie and some of the magnidoodles. I didnt have any luck finding the train tables or the games. I had both my girls school shopping for clothes and they were not very patient while I looked.

I am in search of the following:

Play Wonder Carrots $1.24

Play Wonder Oven Mitt & Towel Set $1.24

Play Wonder Cherries $1.24

Anyone see these in Illinois? Also - if you happen to have their DCPI or ASIN codes I'd appreciate it.

THANKS!!!!