Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

:cheesy: happy summer is 90% by me, but only tumblers and flipflops left.. but i figure, what the hay, for 20 cents for 8 tumblers, how can one go wrong??? then i found beer mugs and for 9 cents a piece, ill get some of those, too...

btw, if u have the $5 coupons from the newspaper paired up with the coupons from a couple weeks ago for pampers, it really is a great deal!!!!! happy shopping!

The similac cans disappeared in my store when they were still $19.11?? and they had tons so unless someone came in and got all the cans overnight?, we have good start marked down but I don't use that. Got a packs of string lanterns in the happy summer reg 9.99 for >.99 cents, now i have no idea whan I will ever use them, but for .99 I had to bring them home, also got a pair of flip flops for .49 . Out of Luvs AGAIN :(

Ballet/ dance line from Exhilaration for little girls was marked %50 off, picked up several pieces for my DD as she just started tumling class.

okay, i have to brag because last night was one of my best bargains yet.

pear martini mix- happy summer

2 general mills cereal cups

quaker granola bars

old el paso shells- clearance

stove top- clearance

2 smart ones meals

2 kelloggs cereal cups

AF salsa

whiffleball adn bat- happy summer

egg beaters

cambells soup

2 coffee mate creamers

2 step stools- 2.50 each in dollar spot

2 bags chips

toddler swimsuit

1 pepsi 12 pack

1 coke 12 pack

2 2 litesrs pepsi

2 2 liters coke

2 pampers feel adn learns

3 kandoos

original total 103.00

total after coupons- 36.18

They had ultra down 75% off at out store today, i got several for 1.23 each...I didn't have any coupons but it was still a dang good deal! I also got a pair of flip flops for .49$ and a pair of shoes I have been eyeballing for 12.49 on clearance. I haven't been to target in a while but it was worth it just for the downy! :rwb:

I also noticed something different tonight. When I scanned the game and the Bratz dolls, they came up 0.00 and when I got to the register, they rang up at 0.00 but the cashier saw that and pressed another button and the last clearance price came up. I have never seen that happen before. Always before when something rang up 0.00, they had to call a manager over for a price but tonight the register did it and it rang up at the last clearance price. Has anyone else seen this happen before?

No, I have not experienced it.

I saw a beautiful kite on sale 50% off (RP: $9.99), but did not buy it. 2 days later I came back, it was still there, but it scanned 0.00. The cashier just overwrote it as 99cents.

The similac cans disappeared in my store when they were still $19.11?? and they had tons so unless someone came in and got all the cans overnight?, we have good start marked down but I don't use that. Got a packs of string lanterns in the happy summer reg 9.99 for >.99 cents, now i have no idea whan I will ever use them, but for .99 I had to bring them home, also got a pair of flip flops for .49 . Out of Luvs AGAIN :(

Ballet/ dance line from Exhilaration for little girls was marked %50 off, picked up several pieces for my DD as she just started tumling class.

How much is the Good Start at your store? That is what we use and it is still 19.11 here!! All of the formula cans disappeared from our closest store overnight too! I have been driving all over checking the prices at other Targets. Makes me wonder what happened to it!

How much is the Good Start at your store? That is what we use and it is still 19.11 here!! All of the formula cans disappeared from our closest store overnight too! I have been driving all over checking the prices at other Targets. Makes me wonder what happened to it!

They might have just pulled them to move them to another area, like an end cap. I have seen them do that occasionally. They pull everything, then it shows up again a couple of days later. They might have donated them to a shelter (they do that with some food items). Or they might have moved it to another local store that has better success selling clearance items at a lesser discount. Keep looking for them! You may well find them yet!

Stoped by Target for a few things for DD to take White Water Rafting, and found some great women's clearance....including really nice linen skirts marked down to $4.98. I bought two, one Khaki and one balck and white print, shorts for DD were $5.98--drawstring bermudas (which are long enough and we can cinch in the waist, abig find for us). They also had some swim suits on clearance.

Does anyone know when (or if...) they mark down the summer toys.... bubble sets, pools, floats,sand toys, etc?

They also have several cute "Play Wonder" sets that are in that section... toy BBQ grill, wooden marshmallow/chocolate set, sand box, etc... Has anyone seen them on sale?

Thanks for your help. Our Target is about an hour away so I do not get to go very often.

Does anyone know when (or if...) they mark down the summer toys.... bubble sets, pools, floats,sand toys, etc?

They also have several cute "Play Wonder" sets that are in that section... toy BBQ grill, wooden marshmallow/chocolate set, sand box, etc... Has anyone seen them on sale?

Thanks for your help. Our Target is about an hour away so I do not get to go very often.

Last year it was the first week of August.

I have my eye on a gas grill at Target. It was on sale two weeks ago and now it is back to original price. Does anyone know when they clearance these out?

Thanks!

I waited last year for a grill to go clearance. Several of the other ones did but this was one I wanted. I asked an emplyee and she said that Target was going to try to keep the grills all year round so they wouldn't clearance them. I should have bought one of the other brands.

I got there today as they were marking down end tables, down-like comforters, frames, sheets....it was all a mish-mash in one aisle, so I'm not sure what specific brands were being done, but the regular aisles did not have any clearance of those items...

Well, they have started marking down the toys again. They did not mark everything that I think will end up included in the summer markdowns, but they made a good start today. I got Thomas the Tank Engine Cranky the Crane for half price $7.48. One of the stores I visited skipped the 30% step on all the stuff they marked today. They are often out of sync with the rest, though. My other regular stores were at 30% on these. I also saw some Polly Pocket stuff, some baby Disney Princess items, a handful of Vtech & Leapster items, as well. I know there was more, but these are the ones I took note of. I imagine next week will see even more unless they are going to do it piecemeal.

The similac cans disappeared in my store when they were still $19.11?? and they had tons so unless someone came in and got all the cans overnight?, .

I have seen a lot of Similac $19.xx in my store today. Still the same price as a weeks ago.

I got the My Scene best friends set of 2 dolls for 9.99 reg 19.99. there were only 2 so I knew I wouldnt get one at 75% off. They also had a spider man chair 75% off for 9.99. Polly Pockets 30% off like mentioned above. Not much else

Well, they have started marking down the toys again. They did not mark everything that I think will end up included in the summer markdowns, but they made a good start today. I got Thomas the Tank Engine Cranky the Crane for half price $7.48. One of the stores I visited skipped the 30% step on all the stuff they marked today. They are often out of sync with the rest, though. My other regular stores were at 30% on these. I also saw some Polly Pocket stuff, some baby Disney Princess items, a handful of Vtech & Leapster items, as well. I know there was more, but these are the ones I took note of. I imagine next week will see even more unless they are going to do it piecemeal.

Do you know if this is part of the summer toy markdown??

Stopped by 2 different Targets today and found no good clearance deals. I thought about getting one of the memory foam bed toppers, but I need a queen, and all they had was king, but they were 75% off. Was anyone bought one of these?

Do you know if this is part of the summer toy markdown??

I believe it is. They often do their big markdowns in waves. I would expect to see a lot more marked down next week. Again, it is all guesswork.They sometimes change their policies and stuff, so it is hard to be sure. But historically this is the time frame when they start the summer toy markdown so that it is complete by the first of August. That is when they reset for Christmas.

I believe it is. They often do their big markdowns in waves. I would expect to see a lot more marked down next week. Again, it is all guesswork.They sometimes change their policies and stuff, so it is hard to be sure. But historically this is the time frame when they start the summer toy markdown so that it is complete by the first of August. That is when they reset for Christmas.

OMG, there's no way I'm ready to think about CHRISTMAS! :eyepoppin

OMG, there's no way I'm ready to think about CHRISTMAS! :eyepoppin

lolol I'm all done shopping for Christmas already ;) of course, that doesn't mean I'm actually DONE shopping....I have a whole room that's full of mostly Target clearance items for Christmas, birthdays....

lolol I'm all done shopping for Christmas already ;) of course, that doesn't mean I'm actually DONE shopping....I have a whole room that's full of mostly Target clearance items for Christmas, birthdays....

me too! my hubby says Im done....I say I have a REALLY good start! :D

me too! my hubby says Im done....I say I have a REALLY good start! :D

Do you find yourself in the end, when wrapping, that you have too many gifts for some people? I do that! And I don't have any blood relatives to buy for it's my two friends and their kids and I always walk in like Santa and a big red bag! No, not dressed like Santa lol. But sometimes I feel bad like I've outshined others or that they think I'm trying to. But really it's that they have to afford these kids everyday of the year and I don't! To top that off, I am finding these otherwise possibly expensive gifts for a steal so where it may look like I spent 100, I may have only spent $15. at that and they know about the bargains I get!

Tomorrow, I have my nephew's 8th birthday and I have too much for him. I have never been able to just take one gift. But I wonder if others that don't know how little I'm spending think I'm trying to make a show? Went to a wedding last weekend and had gotten a set of glasses and a clearance photo album. Maybe spent $15. including card but some of my other friends couldn't afford to get anything or put $20, in a card and felt bad.

But my great deals are from Target. I'm seriously addicted! Don't even have kids and I'm buying up diapers but for my friends, they buy them from me instead of the store lol....

But my great deals are from Target. I'm seriously addicted! Don't even have kids and I'm buying up diapers but for my friends, they buy them from me instead of the store lol....

that is darn funny - they literally buy them from you??? crack me up! :cheesy:

i can't seem to find any diapers (luvs deal) but newborn size... i need size 6!! UGH!:confused:

Do you find yourself in the end, when wrapping, that you have too many gifts for some people? I do that! And I don't have any blood relatives to buy for it's my two friends and their kids and I always walk in like Santa and a big red bag! No, not dressed like Santa lol. But sometimes I feel bad like I've outshined others or that they think I'm trying to. But really it's that they have to afford these kids everyday of the year and I don't! To top that off, I am finding these otherwise possibly expensive gifts for a steal so where it may look like I spent 100, I may have only spent $15. at that and they know about the bargains I get!

Tomorrow, I have my nephew's 8th birthday and I have too much for him. I have never been able to just take one gift. But I wonder if others that don't know how little I'm spending think I'm trying to make a show? Went to a wedding last weekend and had gotten a set of glasses and a clearance photo album. Maybe spent $15. including card but some of my other friends couldn't afford to get anything or put $20, in a card and felt bad.

That is me, only I have my own kids and several nieces and nephews to buy for...last year I had so much come Christmas time that I had to save some of it, and re-distribute, because it was just too much for my kids...and dh says it was STILL too much, and really, it was...and then I brought home some REALLY good clearance stuff in January to put away for this coming Christmas, and dh thought I was nuts and said, "We just got through with Christmas, and you're already buying for NEXT Christmas?" I buy anything I can ahead of time on clearance, for birthdays, Christmas, clothes for the following year, etc. There's no way I could afford to pay full price for everything...I buy a few things for full price, the things I find out they want at the last second, stuff like that, but for the most part, I try to buy ahead...

That is me, only I have my own kids and several nieces and nephews to buy for...last year I had so much come Christmas time that I had to save some of it, and re-distribute, because it was just too much for my kids...and dh says it was STILL too much, and really, it was...and then I brought home some REALLY good clearance stuff in January to put away for this coming Christmas, and dh thought I was nuts and said, "We just got through with Christmas, and you're already buying for NEXT Christmas?" I buy anything I can ahead of time on clearance, for birthdays, Christmas, clothes for the following year, etc. There's no way I could afford to pay full price for everything...I buy a few things for full price, the things I find out they want at the last second, stuff like that, but for the most part, I try to buy ahead...

me too! That's my shopping philosophy. My hubby and friends all think Im nuts! But, my hubby appreciates it every year at Christmas and birthdays. This way my 3 boys and my nieces and nephews all get good presents that we otherwise wouldn't be able to afford.

me too! That's my shopping philosophy. My hubby and friends all think Im nuts! But, my hubby appreciates it every year at Christmas and birthdays. This way my 3 boys and my nieces and nephews all get good presents that we otherwise wouldn't be able to afford.

Exactly...if people knew what I paid for their gifts, they'd be shocked!