Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Today, I found the exact story reader books I bought for easter at 75% off, so I bought them to return at 50%. I also got the Tonka fruit snacks for $0.89 which was on the shelf tag...the My Little Pony ones were that price too, just my boys wouldn't appreciate those. No MM juices.

I hadn't seen this mentioned before either. I found the 8 pack of Danimals drink yogurt 30% off $2.99 marked down to $2.08. It was only the Banana and Strawberry Kiwi flavors. There was quite a bit of other cold foods marked down too, like Chocolate Kozy Shack yogurt. I didn't get any of it because I knew it wouldn't stay cold all the way home. This was a newer store that I hadn't been to before, and it way more freezer and refrigerator cases than any of the other Targets around here. (We don't have Super Targets.)

Went today for the first time in a couple of weeks. I found some of the Cranium toys for 75% off including the talking picture book, the story recorder, a backpack toy and a mega mask. There were also some fly pen products at 50% off.

I spent way too much money. I agree with Supershopper1 - bargain shopping is costing me some bucks, LOL.

I would love to find one of the Radio Flyer horses though. My daughter would love one of these so if any of the KC shoppers sees one can you let me know where? Thanks very much.

This was a newer store that I hadn't been to before, and it way more freezer and refrigerator cases than any of the other Targets around here. (We don't have Super Targets.)

Okay, now I have to be nosey! What store did you go to? I know there is one opening soon where Silver Springs Speedway was in Mechanicsburg. Anxious to check that one out. The closest SuperTarget is in Virginia. I wonder why they don't have any around our areas?

Those of you finding the watches on clearance, are they in the jewelry cases or elsewhere? I haven't been able to find any in my stores??

I've seen the watches by where the purses are at. Hope that helps and it's the same at your target. :)

Those of you finding the watches on clearance, are they in the jewelry cases or elsewhere? I haven't been able to find any in my stores??

Same thing here, they were moved over by the purses - but, I went to 4 Targets and only 1 had the watchs on clearance.

Nothing exciting at my Target, but then maybe that's b/c I've been almost every day for over a week and have seen the same stuff. :) Did find the swimsuits finally but none in DD size, got DS a 12M trunk for $1.98. They did have alot of summer shirts and shorts clearanced on a stand in the middle of clothes ( not on the racks marked clearance along the back) it said 30% off but they were $3.99 marked down to .98! I got DD 1 shirt ( again not much in her size, I need a 4T or 5T and all they had were smaller sizes) but racked up for DS with 3 shirts and 3 shorts! Will be great for trips to the park and playing around the house.

Okay, now I have to be nosey! What store did you go to? I know there is one opening soon where Silver Springs Speedway was in Mechanicsburg. Anxious to check that one out. The closest SuperTarget is in Virginia. I wonder why they don't have any around our areas?

The newer one in Harrisburg...the East side one. I didn't know it was there! I think it opened in October, but I kept hearing a radio ad for a tanning place next to the "new Target". I asked around and checked the website and decided to go there yesterday since I hadn't been to Target since last Sunday. lol I was having withdrawals! My friend who knew about that Target also told me about the one in Mechanicsburg.

That Target was a bit behind on some of the markdowns...maybe because it's new. I'm not sure. Have you been there? It's set up like the West Manchester one, only reversed left to right.

I saw the Super Target that is somewhere near the Nissan Pavillion last year when we went to the Depeche Mode concert. I believe it is the closest one, and as much as I love Target, it's just too far LOL We have a wedding to attend in June in DC, and I am trying to convince dh to just get a hotel for the night and check out that Target before we come home. lol

The newer one in Harrisburg...the East side one. I didn't know it was there! I think it opened in October, but I kept hearing a radio ad for a tanning place next to the "new Target". I asked around and checked the website and decided to go there yesterday since I hadn't been to Target since last Sunday. lol I was having withdrawals! My friend who knew about that Target also told me about the one in Mechanicsburg.

That Target was a bit behind on some of the markdowns...maybe because it's new. I'm not sure. Have you been there? It's set up like the West Manchester one, only reversed left to right.

I saw the Super Target that is somewhere near the Nissan Pavillion last year when we went to the Depeche Mode concert. I believe it is the closest one, and as much as I love Target, it's just too far LOL We have a wedding to attend in June in DC, and I am trying to convince dh to just get a hotel for the night and check out that Target before we come home. lol

No, I haven't been to that one. I am excited about the one In Mechanicsburg, but they probably won't have the markdowns like in Carlisle for awhile. I would love to check out a Super Target and compare prices to a Super Wal-mart. If your dh is anything like mine the answer will be no and he wouls suggest I get help. He already is talking about an intervention about my addiction to Target, CVS and my coupons!

I try to check out in the garden section. I alseays make friendly talk with them all and ge early in the AM so no rush. The don't want to call a CSM to long of a wait to get back there, plus I am like a "friend" to them. (Everyone just falls in LOVE with me) My husband accuses me of flirting. I say it gets you 2.50 Ribeyes and cheap everything else.....so hush! Besides, who wants to flirt with Helen in the Garden Center????

Believe it or not our Goodwill gets all of Targets clearance that doesn't sell. They price everything at 1 or 2 dollars.

Maybe in your area. Not nationwide. It goes to a wide variety of liquidators including Goodwill, Salvation Army, Big Lots, other regional retailers and some online liquidators.

My Goodwill gets target stuff too ... I was actually in their last week poking around in the lightbulbs I found in the back for a giftcard! :D --But of course they were all taken, just like at Target. Most of the clothes are all 2$ and the shoes, but the bigger items have ridiculous prices, like fireplace screens you could get at Target for $11 on clearance they had $30 on.

ah, yes

The Gainesville Super Target. I love that one. I don't get out there often, but the few times I have, I found a lot of missed markdowns :)

There is also a Target on the main drag in Manassas (one exit closer to DC), but I've never been to that one. I live closer in to DC, so I have a different set of Targets I frequent.

WOW that is really good!!! I went to the Goodwill in Centerreach (Long Island, NY) and they had tons of stuff from Target, the only thing was the prices were crazy!! I bought the Eddie Bauer Tent from Target and it was like $28 or $30 dollars. They had the same tent at Goodwill, with the red tag clearance price and Goodwill still wanted $67 for it. I thought that was crazy!!

Howdy neighbor.Where on Long Island are ya?

Well I decided to finally get on the coupon band wagon at target and I got lots of good deals today. I was very skeptical about taking the expired coupons to the register but they worked. They did beep but the girl was not observant and forced them through.

Here are the good deals I found today.

Kelloggs cereal is 2.00 and there is an expired 1.00 coupon.

Pop Tarts 2.00 and 1.00 current coupon

Planters nuts - check out the check out lanes. There were tons and tons of clearance jars of nuts for about 1.30 and there is a current 1.00 coupon.

I also got the bags of .99 goldfish and used the 1.00 coupon

The chewy granolas were 2.00 and there is a current 1.00 coupon

8 pack of coke is 3.00 and there is a 1.00 coupon

I would have done better if I stacked them but I just took in target coupons.

I found that the clearance was extremely limited. I have been shopping the perimeter for months now and this was by far the slimmest pickens. There was basically nothing on the food endcaps.

I did get a nice heater pack. It was in a box BOGO so it was 2 for one and it was clearanced from 29 to 7.00. So it was 7.00 for 2 heaters. Also I found one lone door welcome mat from 30.00 down to 4.00.

I went to one target last week and found all their womens socks 80% off and hit another and the sales clerk said that they all run dif. specials each week. I went back this week and I swear the socks were all full price. It was really strange. I wish I had bought more but oh well. I def. see that there is a huge dif from one store to the next.

Oh, by the way, this was the first time I really looked and I found the juicy juice. Funny. I ran to the scanner and sure enough it was 68 cents or whatever which is what one sells for in the food area. Clearly someone is mistakenly putting these on the shelves instead of at the food area. Sorry for them.

Ok, just wanted to share my great wins today. Take the leap and print out the expired coupons. Oh, the other coupon I used that expired was the oreo cookies. I used it on the small grab bag for like 1.38 and the coupon was 1.00.

Ok... I have looked at my local Target... and get some good deals.. but none like you guys are talking about.. am I missing it??? or do I need serious help with the whole search and sale thing??? I want cheap stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any tips would be most helpful.... thanks

Great prices on kid's clothes today.

1. Two piece shorty pj's for my DS 1.98

2. Other shorty pj's for 2.48

3. Soccer, basketball and baseball t-shirts for 1.48

4. Terry clothes jackets, skorts and capri's for DD 3.98, 2.48, and 2.98

5. Assorted t-shirts for DD .98

Still had some easter items around but the manager refused to sell them to me. Oh well.

Still had some easter items around but the manager refused to sell them to me. Oh well.

I've found that when I find stuff that's zero'd out in their system, it's better to go to a cashier that's been there. I went last Wednesday and found about 6 things that should have gone to salvage. I went to a cashier that's been there for a while and she gave me everything for .50 each. I went back Friday and found some blue dot dollar stuff that was 75% off on Wednesday and was now coming up at $0 and made the mistake of going to a new cashier. She didn't know what to do and called over a floor supervisor. She said that they couldn't sell the stuff to me b/c it was at 0. I told her that they should have pulled it from the floor then if they can't sell it, but since it was on the floor, it was only fair to me as a customer. The store manager past by and told the cashier to give everything to me at .25 which is what it was on Wednesday. I had heard that when things go to salvage, they send everything to Goodwill type places, but write it off at the original full price. That's how Target brags about giving so much to the community.

I've found that when I find stuff that's zero'd out in their system, it's better to go to a cashier that's been there. I went last Wednesday and found about 6 things that should have gone to salvage. I went to a cashier that's been there for a while and she gave me everything for .50 each. I went back Friday and found some blue dot dollar stuff that was 75% off on Wednesday and was now coming up at $0 and made the mistake of going to a new cashier. She didn't know what to do and called over a floor supervisor. She said that they couldn't sell the stuff to me b/c it was at 0. I told her that they should have pulled it from the floor then if they can't sell it, but since it was on the floor, it was only fair to me as a customer. The store manager past by and told the cashier to give everything to me at .25 which is what it was on Wednesday. .

I agree. Last week I found a cart full of easter stuff, I guess they were taking everything off the shelves. Well, I took most of it, and when I went up to the cashier is wasnt coming up. She just priced everything at .25 with no questions.

Found this on another board.

Target is clearancing their Zune's.

I have been looking for a deal on one and will keep my eye on this. I went yesterday and mine hasn't clearanced them yet, but the guy said since they have marked the accessories down...... Going to go check now.

White ones are 50% off Brown and Black are 30% off

Ok... I have looked at my local Target... and get some good deals.. but none like you guys are talking about.. am I missing it??? or do I need serious help with the whole search and sale thing??? I want cheap stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any tips would be most helpful.... thanks

Read the very first post of this Target thread http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=71106

Found this on another board.

Target is clearancing their Zune's.

I have been looking for a deal on one and will keep my eye on this. I went yesterday and mine hasn't clearanced them yet, but the guy said since they have marked the accessories down...... Going to go check now.

White ones are 50% off Brown and Black are 30% off

Wow! That's a great deal--we got one for our daughter a while back and a sale would've been nice... I'll have to go in and see what accessories they have. Thanks!

just left target and they do have some decent deals but not much on things I need. They had a nice shower radio for mp3 players 75% off- only 7.48$- Got hair accessories 75% off- some as low as 68 cents. also under cabinet kitchen radio was 50 % off as was many ipod accessories. alot of cute children clothing, but still 30%, i'll wait until it goes lower. The fly pen journal was 3.98 and fear factor game for fly pen was 4'98

Didn't find any great deals today and still spent $142.00. UGH!

I am waiting for the Denali camera bags and the cell phone car charges to go to 75% off before I buy. They have been at 50% off for a while now.

I did get Night At The Museum dvd for us to watch tonight. :lmao: