Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

A few things to keep an eye out for (I was in a hurry and did not get the numbers):

SCOOBA = 30% off, was still over $200 though;

24 inch RCA TV/DVD combo 30% off;

a fire pit for $69.99

A Pioneer car stereo, marked down to about $105 from about $149; also speakers;

I apologize for not getting more info ...

We had a Target open just a few months back (and have another opening in a couple of months!) and they are in an entirely different world than the other stores around. Things that were on clearance in January are just now starting to get marked down there. They may "catch up" eventually, but I kinda like the offset so I can catch things I missed earlier. It is a beautiful store, too - nice wide isles, clean and bright!

Our Supertarget opened in Oct. We had had a regular target for a long time. It seemed like it took forever to finally start seeing some good deals at the new super target. Probably took about 3 months but now its back to like it was before and the bargains are showing up again and they have stuck pretty much to the mark down schedule that appears at the beginning of the target thread here. Hang on and save up and go early.... you WILL find them. I have found also if you go in the early afternoon things seem to just "appear out of nowhere" guess it is returns or something. :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

We are finally getting a Target near me!!!! Would it be safe to assume that I won't find any good deals for a while or is it possible that they have been receiving merchandise for a while and deals can be found? Anyone have any experience with new Target openings? Anything I should know ahead of time?

I have had good luck with new Targets... especially if there are already a lot of Targets in your area. The new stores I have gone to send their stuff to clearance really quick and sometimes just skip directly to 50% off. It is correct about them having their act together though. The newer stores that I've gone to seem to get their pricing team out first thing in the mornings. So I always know if I'm wanting/watching something on clearance I go to that store first. Some of the older stores don't always get to the markdowns first thing in the morning (not always, but sometimes). Good luck!

I have had good luck with new Targets... especially if there are already a lot of Targets in your area. The new stores I have gone to send their stuff to clearance really quick and sometimes just skip directly to 50% off. It is correct about them having their act together though. The newer stores that I've gone to seem to get their pricing team out first thing in the mornings. So I always know if I'm wanting/watching something on clearance I go to that store first. Some of the older stores don't always get to the markdowns first thing in the morning (not always, but sometimes). Good luck!

Oooh that is good to hear. A new Target is opening soon within 5 minutes me [danger, danger] and there are already 3 other Targets within ½ hour drive. I was wondering how long it would take for things to go on clearance. I hope they follow the same pattern as your store did.

I will be calling Target tomorrow and bragging on the young man that rang me up, he was so sweet and polite, he even placed my bags in my shopping cart for me!!!!

Excellent idea!

That is what we should all do.

Just don't complain about the bad, compliment the good as well.

:gdclap:

Oooh that is good to hear. A new Target is opening soon within 5 minutes me [danger, danger] and there are already 3 other Targets within ½ hour drive. I was wondering how long it would take for things to go on clearance. I hope they follow the same pattern as your store did.

Would that be the new Target coming to Riverdale?? I have seen the signs but the last time I was up that way they hadn't even started on the building.

Good day at Target yesterday, got a slip cover for a love seat, orig $119.99 for $29.98. Got an aroma therapy pillar candle with glass charger plate orig $7.99 for $1.98. Got two bags of Goldfish crackers using the $1 off coupon and each bag ended up being .83 cents. Also used the pop tart coupon on the pop tarts that are already on sale and they ended up being $1/box. Heaters are still 50% off at my store, they have TONS left, wondering when they will go 75% off?:confused:

Went last night and didn't find too much. Bought the swiss rolls, pop tarts, and snack mix with my coupons. If you get the Archer farms snack mixes that are like chex mix and not the trail mix then they are only $1.24 after coupon. So good deal. I also picked up a few scrapbooking stickers that were on clearance. I also got a plastic tub of sidewalk chalk for $2.08. Great deal right before spring/summer.

There were no Mead notebooks to be found :( Someone must have bought them all since there were tons a few days ago. A lot of hair items were marked down - shampoo, conditioner, creams, hairbrushes, hair barettes, etc. The office supply area also has a lot of markdowns including dry erase boards, notebooks, folders, 3-ring binders, paperclips, organizers, letter trays, and even markers, sidewalk and regular chalk, colored pencils, glue sticks, etc.

REGARDING EXPIRED TARGET COUPONS

How do you get these top go through? Is it b/c the cashier doesn't notice the date -- or is there info somewhere that Target corporate agrees their expired coupons can be used. My printer is an older inkjet, and most, not all, of the coupons I print don't scan through automatically and takes the cashier inputting the numbers. Would love to use some of the expired coupons, but so far haven't had the guts! Thanx!

I FINALLY scored some of the Minute maid juice boxes yesterday. I happened to have been at a regular Target (not Super), after digging to the back I found 4 packages that rang up 69 cents. Here are my bargains...

4 minute maid juice 69 cents each

8 goldfish crackers 33 cents each

4 mott's apple juice 50 cents each

6 boxes of nutty bars for 59 cents each

2 boxes swiss cake rolls for 66 cents each

Free 2 liter of Diet pepsi jazz

Not a bad day. I was so stinkin' excited to have finally scored some mm juices. LOL Question on the expired coupons...the cashier guy had to manually put them in and when he typed in the numbers they beeped at him and he looked at them funny and then just overrided them. So when you use the expired ones do they scan like the "good" ones or do they beep because they are expired? My cashier was really nice and didn't give me heck for using that many coupons.

I FINALLY scored some of the Minute maid juice boxes yesterday. I happened to have been at a regular Target (not Super), after digging to the back I found 4 packages that rang up 69 cents. Here are my bargains...

Not a bad day. I was so stinkin' excited to have finally scored some mm juices. LOL Question on the expired coupons...the cashier guy had to manually put them in and when he typed in the numbers they beeped at him and he looked at them funny and then just overrided them. So when you use the expired ones do they scan like the "good" ones or do they beep because they are expired? My cashier was really nice and didn't give me heck for using that many coupons.

mine just go right through. Never had a problem with the register rejecting them.

How are you getting the goldfish for 33 cents? Is there a mfg. coupon out there as well as the Target one? My girls love goldfish and for 33 cents I could afford to stock up!

How are you getting the goldfish for 33 cents? Is there a mfg. coupon out there as well as the Target one? My girls love goldfish and for 33 cents I could afford to stock up!

They are on sale this week, plus if you use the expired Taget coupon for a $1 off a bag, they're .33

Goldfish are on sale for 1.50 each. On the Target generator coupon link thats on the previous page, there is a $1 off each bag of goldfish. bringing the bags to .33 each. They coupon is expired so make sure your Target does accept them. So far no problems here. I would just print and use and see if they say anything. If you bring it to their attention you may not get it for that price. My Target, however, sees the expiration and doesn't say anything. They told me if the registers accept it then they will

Ya, the cashiers hardly even glance at the coupons when I use them. They scan through without any problem. I've never had anyone have to manually enter numbers for my coupons. I do clip off the expiration date though. I've never understood why Target doesn't at the very least design its coupons with the expiration date placed somewhere near the barcode to make it impossible to clip off. Sometimes I use manufactuers coupons that do have the expired date visable and the cashiers still take them without question.

IMO, Target is very smart to be liberal with its coupons. I would guess most shoppers end up buying other things that they might not have purchased. And those are just the "few" people who bother with the coupons. There are soooo many shoppers who buy the stuff talked about on this forum and don't even give coupons a second thought. Walmart has its price match and Target has a great coupon system, I guess!

OHHHHHHHHHH thanks Elena, I know the current coupon is $1 off on 2 bags. I might try the expired ones and have the current ones in my pocket as a back up should they refuse them, hey all they can do is tell me no, right?

Thanks for the reply!

On printing the coupons at the Target store on the kiosk...can you only print the ones listed on the Target web page down at the bottom or the ones from the generator too? Also where do they print from? The bridal registry thing?

Someone else asked this but I don't think there was a response...how do you look up the dcpi # on the price checker machines?

On printing the coupons at the Target store on the kiosk...can you only print the ones listed on the Target web page down at the bottom or the ones from the generator too? Also where do they print from? The bridal registry thing?

Someone else asked this but I don't think there was a response...how do you look up the dcpi # on the price checker machines?

You can only print from the current round of coupons listed on the site. And, you can only print them off one set at a time. You go to the kiosk and then go to Target.com. Go to the Super Target coupons link at the bottom. You can access the current coupons there. You can also go into the Exclusive Brands tab and print the ones there under each brand. It is cumbersome, but can be worth it if you want something and forgot the coupons.

You can only do this on the stores where the price checker has a keypad that allows you to enter numbers. Just type it in and hit enter.

Today was the first day I went to Target to scope out deals, and i think that I did pretty well. Here are my deals:

Pace Salsa 1.24 (.75 target coupon and .50 mgr coupon)

2 Poptarts .80 a box ($1 target coupon and .40 mfr coupon)

Tide 5.49 (.50 mfr coupon)

Downy they paid me to take this (coupon for free one with tide purchase and I also had a .50 mfr coupon)

2 Choxie=FREE

Motts .50 ($1 Target coupon)

Daisy Sour Cream-paid me .3 to take this (orig .97, had .50 target and .50 mfr coupon)

Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush Starter Kit .24 (clearance for 1.24 and it had a $1 off coupon on the box!)

Vaseline lotion 3-pack .84 (clearance--got 3 of these 6 bottles total!!!)

Total before coupons 25.xx

Total after coupons 11.06

YEAH!!! I love deals!!!