Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Thanks! So it may be reduced all week long? They don't change the price just once a week? I noticed in this thread it says housewares are reduced on Thursdays, so I guess I assumed it would be reduced each Thursday.

If the Global Bazaar items were regular merchandise, it would then follow the weekly departmental markdown, although it would probably not be marked down every week.

However, Global Bazaar is considered a temporary seasonal set, which is why I suspect it will follow the holiday/seasonal markdown schedule like LovetoShopCA just posted about the Valentines merchandise.

But again, this is all totally speculation on my part. It might still follow the departmental markdown anyway... :g_shrug:

Well, nothing to do about the transmission - my sympathies - but you should at least call the store on the off chance that some good Samaritan turned it in. I would turn it in to Customer Service if I found it, so it is worth a shot. Or maybe the cart attendant found it. Worth a shot.

In walmart on BF, in the bathroom I found a beautiful wedding set (diamond ring and band). I turned it in. Turns out, it belonged to an employee who had been cleaning the bathroom that morning.

Call the store, you never know. Good luck.

I got a 26" girls bike for $10.44. orig $58. They had just marked it and I asked the salesguy if this was right and he said yes. I am so excited. That was my best Target buy for the month!

Wow.. thats awesome.

You all are making me want to go out and buy some bikes! LOL - I dont need any, but the deals are unreal. I have to keep myself in check. :)

I had an okay day at Target today. I found 7 10 packs of MM juice boxes for 0.69 each and I was able to get 6 Rawlings baseballs for my DS the clearance sticker said 1.38 but they all rang up 0.48. But I was hoping to find some furniture that was on clearance but no such luck. Maybe when the global bazarr stuff goes 75% off I will find a good deal.

I finally found some of the minute maid juice! I've looked at 4 Targets over the last month and finally found some. I got 4 of them.

I also found a side/accent table for 19.99, reg. 79.99!!! I'm so excited about it! I've gotten a few deals here and there but never once found anything scan at a different price than what was marked. The juice would now be my one and only find in that way. The table was marked with the clearance price, so I just lucked out getting it.

1 side table, 4 10pks of juice, total of $24.xx! What a day. And it was my second Target that I went to. The first one didn't have anything thing. I think here in a little bit I'm going to hit up a 3rd one.

Question about the ear thermometer. Are you finding it in the baby section, or the pharmacy section????? I've looked both places and haven't found that model.

I looked online so I could see what it looked like and it said they weren't available in stores, only online. Maybe that's why you all are finding a good deal on them. It's the 4020 model, right?

We have only been Target bargin shoppers since after Christmas 2006! Could someone please give me some information about Valentine's Day mark downs? I see from previous posts that the day after V-Tine's Day it will be marked 50% off.

What kinds of things do they mark down? I am sure that the candy is clearanced... but what about cards, toys, movies, children's books/videos, children's "toys", etc?

Our store had Playdough, My Little Pony's, Mr. Potato Head, other toys, crafts, scrapbooking supplies, and even cake mix and Wilton cake pans in the Valentine's Day section. Will they mark this stuff down on Thursday too? What about the clothing that has a Valentine's Day theme?

What are your thoughts about how quickly it gets sold out? Is there a mad rush when they open that morning or is there still a lot left to mark down at 75% off? Just wondering if I should go early on Thursday or take my chances waiting until later???

Thank you for all your help! I am sorry that I do not have any great new bargins to pass along!:)

We have only been Target bargin shoppers since after Christmas 2006! Could someone please give me some information about Valentine's Day mark downs? I see from previous posts that the day after V-Tine's Day it will be marked 50% off.

What kinds of things do they mark down? I am sure that the candy is clearanced... but what about cards, toys, movies, children's books/videos, children's "toys", etc?

Our store had Playdough, My Little Pony's, Mr. Potato Head, other toys, crafts, scrapbooking supplies, and even cake mix and Wilton cake pans in the Valentine's Day section. Will they mark this stuff down on Thursday too? What about the clothing that has a Valentine's Day theme?

What are your thoughts about how quickly it gets sold out? Is there a mad rush when they open that morning or is there still a lot left to mark down at 75% off? just wondering if I should go early on Thursday or take my chances waiting until later???

Thank you for all your help! I am sorry that I do not have any great new bargins to pass along!:)

Yes, they mark all those toys down too (at least they always have at the Targets I shop). Many times those toys are forgotten about and stay in the toy aisle. I've found lots of valentines day themed toys for 75 and even 90% off because nobody thought to pluck them out of the toy aisle and put them with the Valentines stuff. This has happened to me during other holidays too (Christmas especially). Most of the time books and movies are not part of the holiday clearance. They usually box those up, and I don't know what they do with them. They don't even go to 1/2 (I don't think). Maybe there are some exceptions with coloring books or activity books... I"m not really up on the "rules" of what types of books/videos don't make it to clearance. I just know most of them don't get marked down.

I think Valentines goes to 75% on the 18th... 90% a couple days after that. I've never found that Valentines is as much of a mad rush as other holidays. But, always good to get there early if there is something that you want. My experience is that unless there are specific valentines cards that you want... those boxed valentines that kids use in school usually make it to 90% with LOTS to go around.

Happy shopping!

Most of the time books and movies are not part of the holiday clearance. They usually box those up, and I don't know what they do with them. They don't even go to 1/2 (I don't think). Maybe there are some exceptions with coloring books or activity books... I"m not really up on the "rules" of what types of books/videos don't make it to clearance. I just know most of them don't get marked down.

They box them up and send them back to the vendors. It's what they call 'scan-backs' and they do it maybe every month to 2 months. I've seen children's books [small paperback easy reading and activity/coloring books] go clearance, but that's bout it.

They box them up and send them back to the vendors. It's what they call 'scan-backs' and they do it maybe every month to 2 months. I've seen children's books [small paperback easy reading and activity/coloring books] go clearance, but that's bout it.

Once in a while I find other clearance books. I got a box set of Magic Tree House about a year ago. I have also gotten Christmas videos from time to time, but not recently.

Question about the ear thermometer. Are you finding it in the baby section, or the pharmacy section????? I've looked both places and haven't found that model.

I looked online so I could see what it looked like and it said they weren't available in stores, only online. Maybe that's why you all are finding a good deal on them. It's the 4020 model, right?

Yes its the 4020 model that is on clearence, it is replaced by the 4050 model that is regular price.

I got Christmas cd's after christmas for 50% off. Barnes & Noble will put their holiday kids books half off after holidays, but I'm not sure if it is right away the next day or later on. And yes Target's valentines clearance usually includes all clothes with a valentines theme and toys with hearts on them or in heart-shaped containers. I usually go the day after the holiday and scope it out, if there's something that I really want and there's only 2 left then I will buy it at half off. By the time it goes to 75% off most of the toys are usually gone but not all and they have brought most of them out from the toy isles. There's usually clothes left. I try to get there right after they open the day they are supposed to go to 75% off, and sometimes they don't have the signs changed right away so I have the holiday isles to myself:) so make sure that you scan & check if the signs still say 50%.

I'm kicking myself tonight. I was perusing ealier today and came across a Golden Tee arcade game that is normally only sold online for $500. The store had one on an end rack for $99!!! The thing was so huge though and I'm moving at the end of the week. ....I guess I'll get over it.

Found a ear thermometer. Diff. model 3020 for $7.48. I looked for the breast pump but did not see any & forgot all about the mens jeans!

I also got this model thermometer. Braun ThermoScan IRT 3020 but for 9.xx DCPI 030 05 1849

DYR twin sheet sets for 6.24 dcpi 097 02 1943 & dcpi 097 02 1952

DYR queen sheet sets for 9.98 097 02 1954

***also had full sets for 7.xx but i didnt need those

parents brand 2 pk nail clippers 0.44 dcpi 030 05 7689

baby food 50% off .22 dcpi 007 10 0208

Thanks to PPs I got these:

inflata-bed overnight slumber set 4.98 dcpi 091 12 0381

electronic dart game 4.98 dcpi 088 05 0249

elephant tent 6.24 dcpi 091 12 0419

eddie bauer queen sleep system 14.98 dcpi 091 13 0070

2 pk blanket sleepers 50% @4.98 lots left will try for 75% 030 1920

hanes 3pk boys boxers right @ $2

9pk circo infant socks 1.xx

most of the clearance that was there couple of days before completely gone,not sure if sold or salvaged, what was not gone was consolidated to two end caps near the dog food aisle

global bazaar 30%

lots of bedding 30%( including the comforters,rugs,and pillows that matched the sheets thats already marked 75%)

no one was available b4 i left to scan bikes :( but was a pretty good day @ target

i found the wine cooler today. I am so excited by this. i have been looking and looking.. and there it was sitting there so inconspicuously on the shelf next to the 79.99 silver one! Thanks to everyone here I got it for 19.98. Now I just have to decide if I keep it for myself for "whatever" or give it to my father who LOVES wine although lives 12 hours away.

Thanks for the heads up on the thermometer 3020. I only scanned one model today and as usual, it wasn't clearanced. :( I went to 3 Targets today, just to see what I could find. Had luck at Target #2. I'll go on my lunch hour tomorrow to a different one that I didn't hit today and see what I can find. Only 1 of the Targets today had the dollar spot reset. The other 2 were pretty empty. I'm hoping the one tomorrow will be set. I want to pick up a few things for DD's easter basket.

On a side note, I know it gets repetitive, but thank you to everyone on here who shares their awesome finds with all of us! I've become addicted to this site...and Target sales!!

Has anyone in the Jax area seen Golden Tee game clearanced recently? I saw it at the Town center but it's gone now.

If you are talking about the big arcade game, you can try the Hwy 17 Ortega Store (right by the Navy Base Entrance). I saw 2 of them there yesterday morning. I think they were stickered at $199.99 --- I don't know whether they scan lower or not though. They were on endcaps near the sporting goods.

You might want to call the store for availability and price before driving over, though.