Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I bought a several boxes of Carribou Coffee granola bars today which were 14packs (extra two bars) on clearance for $2.78... All of the boxes were mismarked to $3.99. Also bought a 10pk of Carnation Instant Breakfast for $2.78, mismarked to $3.99. Now THAT is why we have to drag every item to the price scanners... (What a hassle!) Haha, thanks for posting that SMJRM. Oh, we also bought Crystal Light, special 3 packs on clearance for $4.18 and then we used the 50cent off coupons from the Target Coupon Generator... ended up being cheaper than a single box of Crystal Light.

I was looking for the screen house/tent and the 20degree sleeping bag along with the Shabby Chic white amoir... no luck with any big ticket items. The George Foreman with the extra slow cooker was only marked down to $14.98... I'm waiting for it to get to $7.xx.

I just wanted to post this I'm not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere in this thread yet, if it has I apologize, but Saturday I found the Apple iPod HiFi speaker on clearance for 174.98 and i just could not pass that up. It was originally 349.00 and i would never ever pay that but with such a deep price cut i couldn't not get it. I am really happy with it too, it's sleek and kind of retro looking and sounds phenomenal.

I don't think they can "fix" these things at the local level.

I meant to say that I think they are more likely now to put the items that are mixed in with the regular items and not marked into the correct place (end cap usually), or if it is a salvage item they remove it from the floor, whereas before we could probably still get the deal a few days after things were salvaged. lately Target staff has gotten too GOOD, LOL. I can be pretty sure if it is marked 30% off, then that's the price...I still scan hoping for that unmarked deal :)

I was able to find 2 under the bed storage containers on wheels that weren't marked, but in an endcap - scanned $3.48. Yipee for me!

Got 2 igloo cooler lunchboxes for $2.24 each and 3 Rubbermaid coolers that look like handbags for $3.74 each. And the Jansport backpacks too, don't remember how much they were.

The same Crystal Lite I bought last week at one Target for $2.48 was marked $4.98 at another Target on Saturday on clearance.

I could really use one of those dressers ...

Well I went to a Target a little out of my way last night because I was bored (and my closest Target is shopped out) and found some good deals. I found an ESPN Fast Action Football table. The red sticker was marked 75% off at 34.98. I put the code in the scanner just for kicks and it came up as item not found. When I went to pay the casher input the code and got the same message and then she just manually entered the clearance tag price - no questions asked. It was funny because there was actually 2 tags on the box. The first tag was on the front top corner like it had been sitting on an endcap, then the game was moved to a bottom shelf in sporting goods and the 75% sticker was on the side of the box. The cashier first inputted the higher price because that the was tag she saw until I pointed out the lower priced tag

I also got 2 backpacks for 75% off at $6.49. One was a Jansport Trans and the other was Eddie Bauer. These will be great for my son's next year for school. I think they are getting too old for character backpacks anyway.

I got a kids fishing set for $3.49. I think was also a salvaged item because the cashier had to also input the price from the tag on that item too. The set came in a clear backpack and included a telescoping pole, sunglasses, some rubber worms and something else I am forgetting.

Got my younger son a size 5 soccer ball - $3.98. Got my older son a Little League Bat - $6.98. Got my DD a Hello Kitty bat and ball set $2.98. All of these items were 75% off. Also picked up the elephant play tent for $6.98 for the kids to play in outside this summer. Also got the Thomas holiday train set for $2.98 - yay!

I did find a red wine cooler but there was no clearance sticker on it and when I scanned the box (yes I did schlep it over to a scanner) it came up item not found and I decided it wasn't worth it to try and talk a cashier into giving it to me for a lower price. I didn't need it anyway. I put it back on a lower shelf so it would be easier for some other bargain shopper to grab it.

Very good night. I am very happy about the football game. I wanted it when it was 75% off but I was just too slow when the stores went to 75% off here by my house. I have heard that I live near the slowest shopped Target - but it sure doesn't feel that way. Boy the clearance is ravaged at this store - I guess everyone else is just coming to my store to shop clearance which is a bummer for me

nikkilugi what targets are you by in MO. I'm in South Kansas City

Well I went to a Target a little out of my way last night because I was bored (and my closest Target is shopped out) and found some good deals. I found an ESPN Fast Action Football table. The red sticker was marked 75% off at 34.98. I put the code in the scanner just for kicks and it came up as item not found. When I went to pay the casher input the code and got the same message and then she just manually entered the clearance tag price - no questions asked. It was funny because there was actually 2 tags on the box. The first tag was on the front top corner like it had been sitting on an endcap, then the game was moved to a bottom shelf in sporting goods and the 75% sticker was on the side of the box. The cashier first inputted the higher price because that the was tag she saw until I pointed out the lower priced tag

I also got 2 backpacks for 75% off at $6.49. One was a Jansport Trans and the other was Eddie Bauer. These will be great for my son's next year for school. I think they are getting too old for character backpacks anyway.

I got a kids fishing set for $3.49. I think was also a salvaged item because the cashier had to also input the price from the tag on that item too. The set came in a clear backpack and included a telescoping pole, sunglasses, some rubber worms and something else I am forgetting.

Got my younger son a size 5 soccer ball - $3.98. Got my older son a Little League Bat - $6.98. Got my DD a Hello Kitty bat and ball set $2.98. All of these items were 75% off. Also picked up the elephant play tent for $6.98 for the kids to play in outside this summer. Also got the Thomas holiday train set for $2.98 - yay!

I did find a red wine cooler but there was no clearance sticker on it and when I scanned the box (yes I did schlep it over to a scanner) it came up item not found and I decided it wasn't worth it to try and talk a cashier into giving it to me for a lower price. I didn't need it anyway. I put it back on a lower shelf so it would be easier for some other bargain shopper to grab it.

Very good night. I am very happy about the football game. I wanted it when it was 75% off but I was just too slow when the stores went to 75% off here by my house. I have heard that I live near the slowest shopped Target - but it sure doesn't feel that way. Boy the clearance is ravaged at this store - I guess everyone else is just coming to my store to shop clearance which is a bummer for me

nikkilugi what targets are you by in MO. I'm in South Kansas City

I live about 2 miles away from the S. Olathe Target on 154th St. I usually shop at this Target but as I said above the clearance is so picked over there. I can't get out to Target everyday so I am always a day late and a dollar short at that store, LOL.

I went to the store over at Legends by the Speedway the other night and found those great deals. That store is slower on the discount schedule. They didn't go to 75% off on toys until a few days later than my S. Olathe store. I was able to go out there and get some of the toys I missed out on at my store.

The store at 151st and Antioch in Stanley really is pretty picked over too. I was just there yesterday and they really had nothing in the way of clearance. They had many empty shelves where they moved all of their clearance items and only dust remained. That store gets a lot of traffic I guess.

If you need me to keep my eye out for anything for you please let me know.

I''m so excited, I just found the women's bike for 75% off ($29.99)! It was marked $59.99, but I had them scan it. I could not fit it in my car, so they said they would hold it for 24 hours for me, although they wouldn't let me pay for it then, so I just hope it's still there with my name on it at 5pm when DH gets home with his truck.

I''m so excited, I just found the women's bike for 75% off ($29.99)! It was marked $59.99, but I had them scan it. I could not fit it in my car, so they said they would hold it for 24 hours for me, although they wouldn't let me pay for it then, so I just hope it's still there with my name on it at 5pm when DH gets home with his truck.

This is totally opposite what I have been told at my Target. I have always been told they would not hold clearance items, unless I pay for it. Then they will hold it for 24 hours. Please let us know if it is still there when you go back this evening.

I'm new to the forum, and Target is my favorite place to shop. Lucky for me there are 5 Targets in my area. I got some great deals this weekend, the Georgetown Armoire for $64 and a mission table for $33, plus I used my truck to help a friend of mine get a different Armoire for $64. I thought it was really strange that all of the Targets had different prices on their clearance until I got on here and read this forum.

I was wondering if anyone knows when Global Bazzar is going on clearance?

I live about 2 miles away from the S. Olathe Target on 154th St. I usually shop at this Target but as I said above the clearance is so picked over there. I can't get out to Target everyday so I am always a day late and a dollar short at that store, LOL.

I went to the store over at Legends by the Speedway the other night and found those great deals. That store is slower on the discount schedule. They didn't go to 75% off on toys until a few days later than my S. Olathe store. I was able to go out there and get some of the toys I missed out on at my store.

The store at 151st and Antioch in Stanley really is pretty picked over too. I was just there yesterday and they really had nothing in the way of clearance. They had many empty shelves where they moved all of their clearance items and only dust remained. That store gets a lot of traffic I guess.

If you need me to keep my eye out for anything for you please let me know.

How have you found the new Target by the Speedway? I am kind of disappointed. I figured as a new store they would be a lot quicker to clearance. When the Oak Park Target first opened, they had incredible deals. They were quick to move from 30 to 50% off and sometimes STARTED at 50% off and skipped 30% altogether. I guess there aren't a lot of Targets out that way, so maybe that has something to do with the Speedway Target's pricing or just management??? Who knows??? It's about a 15 minute drive for me so unless I'm hitting the outlet to do some other shopping, I don't go there as much as I thought I would. I also just realized that their store has a very high tax as well... up over 8%. It's not THAT much of a difference from many of the stores in the city, which are 7.5%, but if I'm just going to pick up essentials, I definitely take that into consideration. (OR to the Stateline & Lees Summit Super Target, which has almost 9% tax!!)

Of course, if there is a good deal to be had tax rates don't really matter all that much LOL!!:)

I haven't had any luck with finding much at all lately. I did luck into a pink Disney video mix max at the Overland Park Super Target late last week. It was $25.04 (kind of a weird price). Also got a little Barbie 3 wheel scooter for $6.24. I was just there getting something from the pharmacy, otherwise I don't usually go to that store.

How have you found the new Target by the Speedway? I am kind of disappointed. I figured as a new store they would be a lot quicker to clearance. When the Oak Park Target first opened, they had incredible deals. They were quick to move from 30 to 50% off and sometimes STARTED at 50% off and skipped 30% altogether. I guess there aren't a lot of Targets out that way, so maybe that has something to do with the Speedway Target's pricing or just management??? Who knows??? It's about a 15 minute drive for me so unless I'm hitting the outlet to do some other shopping, I don't go there as much as I thought I would. I also just realized that their store has a very high tax as well... up over 8%. It's not THAT much of a difference from many of the stores in the city, which are 7.5%, but if I'm just going to pick up essentials, I definitely take that into consideration. (OR to the Stateline & Lees Summit Super Target, which has almost 9% tax!!)

Of course, if there is a good deal to be had tax rates don't really matter all that much LOL!!:)

I haven't had any luck with finding much at all lately. I did luck into a pink Disney video mix max at the Overland Park Super Target late last week. It was $25.04 (kind of a weird price). Also got a little Barbie 3 wheel scooter for $6.24. I was just there getting something from the pharmacy, otherwise I don't usually go to that store.

The speedway is about 30 min drive for me so I don't go there unless like you said I'm going to other stores. Yes the tax rate is very high for Lee's Summit and Stateline. I also go to Ward Parkway since I work right by that one. The tax rate is alot less. I just got an entertainment center/ tv stand over the weekend at that Stateline store it was regular $150 marked down too $37. I was very happy about that. They also had Bounty papertowles 12 rolls marked down to $5.00

Hello!!! Good findings for me today!!!

2 - Magna 24 inch 21 speed bikes, $19.98 each was $110.00

5 - Aspen ski/sled/snow goggles, $4.98 each was $19.99

5 - Rubbermaid organizers, $1.98 each was $7.99

2 - Infantino smat rider baby carriers, $12.48 each was $49.99

2 - BebeSounds Prenatal Heart Listeners, $4.97 each was $19.99

2 - Digital Baby Monitors, $12.48 each, was $49.99

3 - Classic Pooh bedding sets, $9.98 each, was $75.99

0 - Kleenex Napkins, $1.79 each, they are now considered "winter" which made no sense to the LOD. I didn't ask, she commented and I passed on them. I have plenty.

3 - Cascade buckets, $1.24 each, was $12.49, THIS IS HOW THEY SCANNED, I did not ask or scam as another poster suggested some were doing. These have been at my store since before Christmas and were originally included in the Christmas clearance. If they've recieved more or found some in back, they haven't changed the prices.

1 - Dream along mobile, $4.98 was $19.99

1 - Giddy up and go gym, $8.74 was $34.99

Hope you all have good luck too!:yup:

This is what i have UPC 4238595650 , 12" Front Wheel Classic Red age 2-5:D .Hope you get it!

THANKS! I went to Target today hoping to find one but scanned a few and all came up regular price. I usually run at lunch so will check back tomorrow maybe! THANKS AGAIN!

This is what i have UPC 4238595650 , 12" Front Wheel Classic Red age 2-5:D .Hope you get it!

:cheesy: Ugh! I can't believe I forgot to check for this today.

I definitely need to make a list when I go to Target.

Seems like I am so busy looking for new bargains I sometimes forget about the ones I go in there for.

I think one reason prices do not always get marked down on clearance is because people bring stuff back that they got at 30%-50% off, but then it (or a better model) gets marked down to 75% and so they bring back what they bought and buy the other item.

Then, alot of times, the item is just re-put on the clearance shelf with the older tag on it.

And that is how I got my Shark sewing machine, my convection oven, a PS2 eye toy, and my pretty little bookcase i put together last night. None of these items were marked more than 50% off, but since I had been going to Target almost every day while hoping for the Foosball tables to be marked down, I noticed things that WEREN'T there one day WERE there the next ... so, I scan and they were 75% off things!

So, all I can say is "thank you" to customers who have the practice of buying stuff and returning it to get it cheaper (which I think is not the greatest customer behavior) to Target restockers who don't 're-check' the price on returns (which is not exactly the best employee behavior), to uninformed shoppers who look only at the tag for the price of something (and to those people: I LOVE YOU!!!!!)

BTW, my $19.98 shelf looks TERRIFIC! And my $33.98 sewing machine is already in service sewing me new curtains! So thank you Target! Thank you consumers! Thank you employees!!!! Thank you gottadeal!!!!!

I think one reason prices do not always get marked down on clearance is because people bring stuff back that they got at 30%-50% off, but then it (or a better model) gets marked down to 75% and so they bring back what they bought and buy the other item.

Then, alot of times, the item is just re-put on the clearance shelf with the older tag on it.

And that is how I got my Shark sewing machine, my convection oven, a PS2 eye toy, and my pretty little bookcase i put together last night. None of these items were marked more than 50% off, but since I had been going to Target almost every day while hoping for the Foosball tables to be marked down, I noticed things that WEREN'T there one day WERE there the next ... so, I scan and they were 75% off things!

So, all I can say is "thank you" to customers who have the practice of buying stuff and returning it to get it cheaper (which I think is not the greatest customer behavior) to Target restockers who don't 're-check' the price on returns (which is not exactly the best employee behavior), to uninformed shoppers who look only at the tag for the price of something (and to those people: I LOVE YOU!!!!!)

BTW, my $19.98 shelf looks TERRIFIC! And my $33.98 sewing machine is already in service sewing me new curtains! So thank you Target! Thank you consumers! Thank you employees!!!! Thank you gottadeal!!!!!

LOL Are you done accepting your award? JK

:clapping::yelclap::yay::g_clap::gdclap:

(sorry, i'm in a goofy mood today)

Well shoot the flatware and the kitchen bowls I hide on the bottom of a shelve behind some flatware sets that weren't on sale were GONE!!! BOOOHOOOO either someone found them or the eye in the sky saw me tryin to hide them and place them back up front. I was so hoping for them to drop in price more but someone must have thought they were a good deal at 50% off cause there wasn't one set left on sale!

I did manage to find a very nice gas grill for $60.00 down from 120.00, it even has a side burner. They had a few styles to choice from, I guess they are making room for the newer models that will be coming in soon. They also had grill set, and other grill related things marked down 50%. It is hard to think about grilling with 10 below wind chills right now but I needed a new one for the summer and I know they won't last long at half price.

Saturday I went to Target in Buffalo, MN to see what good deals they had. Lots of clearance especially in the clothing section, mens flannel pj pants for $2.98 (watch out though they shrink a lot) Shirts for $4.74 in mens also. Ladies perfume Nautica $13.98 down from $19.98. I have been watching the furniture there are a couple armoires for $62, hoping they go down more. Also tons of lotion, pet clothing and shoes.

I like to scan stuff and so do my kids. It makes it more fun, more of a game.

My family does too! I let my kids scan everything because it gives me "just a moment" of peace while they go scan. I love stores that have scanners. Plus if I scan and there is an error I know I can benefit and buy more. The only one who doesn't benefit is my husband, because he has to pay for it. HAHA

I'm new to the forum, and Target is my favorite place to shop.

Welcome to the gottadeal forums, mpretty. How nice that you chose this thread for your first post!

I was wondering if anyone knows when Global Bazzar is going on clearance?

Someone posted that the Global Bazaar is due to be reset on February 18th, so we're figuring 30% off will probably start that day or perhaps the week before.

Hello!!! Good findings for me today!!!

2 - Magna 24 inch 21 speed bikes, $19.98 each was $110.00

5 - Aspen ski/sled/snow goggles, $4.98 each was $19.99

5 - Rubbermaid organizers, $1.98 each was $7.99

2 - Infantino smat rider baby carriers, $12.48 each was $49.99

2 - BebeSounds Prenatal Heart Listeners, $4.97 each was $19.99

2 - Digital Baby Monitors, $12.48 each, was $49.99

3 - Classic Pooh bedding sets, $9.98 each, was $75.99

0 - Kleenex Napkins, $1.79 each, they are now considered "winter" which made no sense to the LOD. I didn't ask, she commented and I passed on them. I have plenty.

3 - Cascade buckets, $1.24 each, was $12.49, THIS IS HOW THEY SCANNED, I did not ask or scam as another poster suggested some were doing. These have been at my store since before Christmas and were originally included in the Christmas clearance. If they've recieved more or found some in back, they haven't changed the prices.

1 - Dream along mobile, $4.98 was $19.99

1 - Giddy up and go gym, $8.74 was $34.99

Hope you all have good luck too!:yup:

Don't forget- there is a $4.00 rebate on the Bebe Sounds heart monitor in the current issue of Baby Talk magazine, which is free at most Babies R US stores and pediatrician's offices if you don't get the free subscription. I just sent mine in. I am very excited about getting the monitor for $1.00 after rebate! Great deal!!!

Someone posted that the Global Bazaar is due to be reset on February 18th, so we're figuring 30% off will probably start that day or perhaps the week before.

Thanks Gator Pam! I'm always in there looking for good deals, so far the past 2 years I've just happened to go in there the day they started the 75% off the GB. I just love all of that stuff. I'm moving into a new place next month and all the furniture and home clearance this month they have had has me replacing a ton of stuff in my house. :)

My family does too! I let my kids scan everything because it gives me "just a moment" of peace while they go scan. I love stores that have scanners. Plus if I scan and there is an error I know I can benefit and buy more. The only one who doesn't benefit is my husband, because he has to pay for it. HAHA

LOL I know what you mean, my kids love to scan the prices. Bad part is.. they want to scan EVERYTHING. :)

Wow, all the backpacks and fooseball tables were gone today (an entire aisle FULL yesterday)!

In the boys section, they did have tan dress pants at $3.40 and those thermal pj sets in the bags for $1.97 (Michigan)

If it wasn't for this site, there's no way I would have bothered scanning the Eddie Bauer screen room that has been sitting on various clearance endcaps for weeks with a tag of 44.99....after reading here I found it, scanned it and it was 24**!!!

The elephant kid tents were all gone, the hippos were still there and still 17.49...guess I'll keep checking on those

and the book kits (LouLou??)were still at 9.98, but they only had one of the regular and 3 of the Sesame St ones, so I'm glad I grabbed the ones I wanted the other day

lots of shelves, etc still clearanced...I'm not in the need, so I didn't get specifics...I also saw a bunch of microwaves and toaster ovens in the clearance area

heated blankets marked down, but only to 24.99-42.99...not my price range yet