Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

If you see these 2 alarm clocks on the end caps .. keep on walking .. they are pieces of crap and not worth the 9.xx they are clearanced for .. both of mine are being returned tonight. here's a link so you can see what I'm talking about.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-20/qid=1169749681/ref=sr_1_20/602-7262918-0547823?ie=UTF8&asin=B000JQRBR0

I can't find a link to the other one - but it is a cylinder with the light that gradually comes on when the alarm is fixing to go off.

Well, it sounds like the other Target is about 60miles away? If you get say 20mpg then that's 3 miles. If gas in your area is around $2/gal then it's around $6 each way for $12 in gas total for this trip. So you need to add probably a minimum of $12 (maybe even up to $20 depending on your car and gas prices) to the cost of the table. Now I know the discount is greater than this, but others have mentioned that you might be able to find an equiv. table closer for around the same price or a bit more, which will be a wash by the time you factor in the extra travel costs.

The other intangible is the 3 hours in travel time. I don't know what your schedule is like, but for me or my wife the travel time is the killer. For us, it wouldn't be worth the savings. I'd much rather wait for a "close enough" price locally than to lose that time (though I must admit, it's easy for me to say, my son already has a train table :) )

Don't know if this helps or hurts, and leave it up to a guy to go all "over analytical" and stuff. But then again, you asked ;)

Oh, but you forgot the MOST important part of the equation: the FUN factor! For me, I would travel an hour and a half easily for some great shopping and incredible deals! Beats a boring old $60 round of golf or a $50 buck football game (and I LIKE football) for me anyday.... That is how I ended up at the midnight opening of Prime Outlets in St. Augustine on the day after Thanksgiving.

Oh, but you forgot the MOST important part of the equation: the FUN factor! For me, I would travel an hour and a half easily for some great shopping and incredible deals! Beats a boring old $60 round of golf or a $50 buck football game (and I LIKE football) for me anyday.... That is how I ended up at the midnight opening of Prime Outlets in St. Augustine on the day after Thanksgiving.

:gdclap: :gdclap: :gdclap:

:gdthums: Ditto that for me too!!

Target in NC had the Singer Protege sewing machines today for $45.00, marked down from $180! Also, lots of 75% off in the fishing items and sporting goods.

MIne too. Tons of fishing and camping. I got my daughter a tinkerbell sleeping bag for 4.98. one store had them for 10.00, but the next one i went to had them for 4.98!!!

Not that much in toys!!!

Oh, it's definately about the fun here too. Thing is, I have a WalMart about 3 miles away. BUT...I refuse to shop there. Ever. So that is not an option for me. I am thinking I will go ahead & get it. Time is not really a factor for me, as I am a SAHM. I dont have anything planned, so i think I'm gonna get the table.

Today I picked up cereal.

They have the dual packs on clearance for $3.28. Only 15% of but still a good deal for 2 boxes plus there is a peel off coupon for $1 off 1 gallon of milk when you buy the cereal.

I got Cocoa Pebbles and Honey Bunches of Oats. I don't remember what other brands they had.

Also got

2 pk. boys pjs 75% off

Snow boot for me and the kids 75% off

Soundgear DVD21/CD45 holder 50% off

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/beccah84/PMM.jpg

Aren't these actually the ones on clearance for $49.98??

Does anyone have the Disney Jam Stand for the Disney Max video player?

The ones for the Mix stick didn't get great reviews on Amazon.com so I am leary about buying the Jam stand for the Max.

Today I picked up cereal.

They have the dual packs on clearance for $3.28. Only 15% of but still a good deal for 2 boxes plus there is a peel off coupon for $1 off 1 gallon of milk when you buy the cereal.

This was a great deal for me too as I had a coupon for a free box of Honey bunches of Oats so I got 2 boxes for free!

Thanks Becca! So, 50% off would most likely be Thursday, February 8th, and 75% off Thursday, February 15th?

Also, the Global Bazaar was set up about the same time as this last See Spot Save set, right? Since it is also a 6 week set, it should go 30% off about the same time, yes?

ooo I love the Global Bazaar....can't wait for it to be 75% off!!

What is it about Target that makes me walk in there needing nothing and walking out with $40 worth of stuff!? I went in looking for the tv (still $99), but found lots of other things on clearance that I just couldn't resist. They still had 2 of those air hogs deals for $5, so I picked those up for gifts along with a few other goodies.

Word from the guys in electronics is too look for the next markdowns on Monday - I think that jibes with the usual schedule. I'll head back then.... :)

Found 13 Color Wonder Sets today at 2 different Targets reg. $15 marked to $3.24. One of the Targets had them in the Crayola aisle not marked in any way. The other Target had them on an end cap in the toy aisle. They are part of a value pack where you get markers, finger paint and a couple books. Look specifically for Little Mermaid, Nemo, or Cars. Those are the only ones (as far as I know) that are marked down. If you've got kids and you travel, these are GREAT! The markers only work on the special Color Wonder paper (no marker stains in your car or on their clothes). We use them a lot on driving trips and airplanes. I rarely see these for more than 50% off. They go pretty fast when they hit 1/2 price. Also found a couple Calphalon pots (unmarked) reg. $80 down to $20. I bought one a week or so ago and love it because it has the padded handle built right in (on the lid too!) That's one thing I don't like about a lot of my other Calphalon pots-- I have to get the pot holders out everytime I want to use them!

I saw a TON of Disney Max Video thingies (or whatever they are called). It was the orange one (High School Musical maybe)? Anyway, I have a feeling there will be a big sell off on those coming very soon. I hope they are worth the money. Of course if they hit 75% off, THEY WILL BE FOR SURE!

Oh, I also meant to clue everyone in on the Barbie Mini Kingdom dolls that are not marked in any way and are in the regular Barbie aisle. They are mixed in with full price mini kingdom dolls ($7.99), but scan at $1.99. I swear I have been in about 5 Targets and have found some of these dolls everytime. Today I picked up 5 more. It is only the Princess Odette doll. She comes with a swan and a comb and a pink vanity. I actually just found the first one accidentially and then have just checked whenever I come across them. They would make great little party favors or birthday gifts.

You know, they don't all do their markdowns at the same time, which is why we are all finding different things. It is possible that your local stores have already finished theirs. It is also true that in some areas there aren't as many stores available for the population, so items sell out at regular or lesser sale prices. Hope that makes sense. Here in LA, we have so few of these types of stores that sometimes things are gone before they hit 50%. That is the case in most of our stores for all the baby bedding items on sale right now.

FYI, I learned something interesting about how Wal-Mart marks down today. I posted that under the Walmart thread if anyone is interested.

There is alot on sale, lots of 30% off, but nothing scanning at a lower discount. I was excited thinking I might scan some 30% off items to find them actually 50%-75% off like a lot of people on here, but it didn't happen. I guess the people here who do all the mark downs are just really good at there job. Didn't find anything I needed that actually was marked 50%-75% off. :no:

The route 10 Taget in East Hanover is a good place to these kind of deals. I usual go the of or after I see something on the boards.

Previous poster about the foosball table. Yes my Target had this for 50% today.

Today I got kids snow boots for 75%

Tomorow I go back for a nice automatic score keeping dart board I've eyeballed now down to 50%.

Three stores and not a one had a single snow boot. None. Not for DD or me. They either didn't have many to begin with or shipped them all out to a different store or something because there weren't any!

Had a great Target day today!

But first ... let me wish a pox on the Perimeter Peruser in Orange Park, FL that STOLE,,, I say STOLE,,, my Singer sewing machine I had been eyeing for three weeks! I KNOW you brought back that Shark sewing machine that you bought when 50% off and got MY Singer I'd been waiting on.... just kidding, but I did take your Shark!

Shark Sewing Machine, reg $119.99, now $29.98

A rolling craft table, reg $29.99, now $7.48

A long tile scrubber thing, reg $12.99, now $3.7x

A Stanley stainless steel vacuum thermos for $4.98 (reg $19.99),

A Sunbeam steam iron (not in a box---i think it was the display model) for $2.41

A Titleist golf cap for hubby for $7.48

I have been finding some really nice women's clothes when I go in (which is odd, b/c there's usually nothing left in the small sizes on the 75% off rack, which is the only one I'll even look at, as I certainly don't need MORE clothes -- unless they're 75% off :blush: )

A week ago I found two really nice (church-worthy) t-neck sweaters with nice detailing on the sleeves and neck for $3.xx each -- today, I found almost a full rack of "the ultimate turtleneck" for $2.48each -- I bought two, will see how they hold up and go back if possible (i'm a t-neck addict when the temp drops below...oh, 60 or so)

Oh, and I should add -- the Champion compression-type long underwear was on clearance back in mens -- I would have loved to grab a couple for DH, but they were all outta black -- plenty of blue and gray tho; that Champion line of drymax and the like really hold up to a beating (and by "beating" I mean serious abuse)

I got the awesome multi game table (fooseball, basketball, table tennis etc) was over $100 down to $24!!!

also got the dart board with electronic score for 6.98 and a swanky extra dart supply set to go with it

no boots

no rival fountain

and had to take back my awesome rival roaster...it was missing important parts and they didn't have any more in the store and didn't have the parts :( that really bummed me out

I have been keeping my eye on the iPod Hi-Fi's. They are in the electronics area and are normally $350.00. Currently they are 50% off, but I want them to hit 75% before I shell out that kind of money. I'm also eyeing the foosball tables that are normally $170.00 and are 50% right now. PLEASE let me know if anyone sees either of these items getting marked down to 75%. Thanks everyone for there excellent input.

Emerson 8 bottle Wine Fridge, 19.98 (Down from $79.98), in Memphis

Thanks for this post, I went to my Target tonight and they had 1 red one for $19.98 !!! Finally I got one of these great deals, usually my Target never has any of the things that get posted here. I am sooo happy !!!!!! :thumbsup: