Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I got a really good deal at Target today. I found these Gilette Fusion razor sets. It was the razor, 2 cartridges and and travel case marked down from 9.99 to 4.98. Not super great except I had a $4 coupon for any Gillette Fusion razor and it made it .98!!!! These aren't new to the clearance, I have seen them hanging there for a while. I just never thought about using the coupon. I am hoping to find some more of those coupons, because there were several of the sets left at my Target. The coupon expires 1/31. I also got a 29 load bottle of All detergent in the green bottle for 3.74. It said 15% off. It was just that color for some reason. All that 'bonus' stuff was still 15% off. I wonder how long before it's 30%.

Where are you in alabama? i'm in Mobile

If anyone is looking for a bike, we use them all year round in Florida, except when its 100 degrees in the summer, I got one today marked down from 80 dollars to 30. Also there was a lot of employees lurking about with the price checker machiny thing(don't know what it's called) marking things down, so I think Thursdays is a good day to go to Target, well everyday is a good day to go to Target but more so on thursdays!

Went to Target last night here at the Harbison Blvd one and they have all thier solar lights and spot lots at 4.74 or 8.74. Not much toy clearance is left only the junk other people didnt want.

Question: My husband whom I have turned into a target hound, found out something interesting and I want to ask to see if its true or what. When something goes on clearance and its marked down and down, when the last digit is 4 thats the lowest its going to get. He now walks around the permieter and points out things with 4 at the end and says salvage soon for you. HA HA. Anyone know about this or is this something new. One of the people who work at Target Corp told him his. Hmmmmm????

"The standard clearance at Target works by items being marked down 15% or 30% initially. This price can last somewhere between two weeks to a month, depending on how well the item sells at this price. Then the item typically drops to 50%, again for two weeks to a month. Generally, the lowest an item will be marked down is 75% off, with a few exceptions. Items considered 'holiday' or 'seasonal' items have been known to go as low as 90% after the holiday, and you will find a few occasional display items or things found in the stockroom after inventory marked 80%-90% off. Almost always, the lowest price an item will go will usually end in $.x4 or $.x8, but not always."

That's what Gator Pam wrote on the very first post of this thread. She also gives more insights into clearances and other things at Target. I think it's great that you have your dh into this too. Wish mine was as well. Oh well, it's still fun! :D

I just got back from 'OUR' favorite store and picked up a few good deals:

Toddler tights 1.xx

Grilling accessory sets (tongs, spatula, etc for using on the grill) 2.48

(these were with the home storage section-not sure why but there were several of the two mug sets too that they were selling at xmas for 2.48 as well! Didn't need any but a good deal if someone did.

They have a ton of storage tubs marked down and I can always use those. Got two clear tubs for 2.xx with lids and only got charged for ONE so got a deal there! :)

Nothing spectacular but the grill sets will make great xmas gifts for next year! ;-) I did manage to get one hello kitty radio. Still 12.xx but my daughters b-day is coming up and she will love it! (and me even more for that price) I also got a new can opener .98, ice cream scooper .24 and pizza cutters 1.48! WHOOHOO!

Still no juices and they have marked some of the holiday nuts down again-still not enough though I don't think!

You know what, everyone started somewhere! You will be the one finding the deals & posting them in no time! It just amazes me how many people DON'T shop like this. How in the world do they afford things?

beats me.. I live for a deal. Without the good deals, I wouldn't have have half of the things I have.... and still be wanting them but no money to buy them;)

If anyone is looking for a bike, we use them all year round in Florida, except when its 100 degrees in the summer, I got one today marked down from 80 dollars to 30. Also there was a lot of employees lurking about with the price checker machiny thing(don't know what it's called) marking things down, so I think Thursdays is a good day to go to Target, well everyday is a good day to go to Target but more so on thursdays!

So how do you tell if the bikes are on clearence? I went today to 2 different Targets and didn't see any marked down. No clearence signs, no red stickers. Do they move them somewhere else when they mark then down? DD needs a 24" bike.

Went to Target last night here at the Harbison Blvd one and they have all thier solar lights and spot lots at 4.74 or 8.74. Not much toy clearance is left only the junk other people didnt want.

Question: My husband whom I have turned into a target hound, found out something interesting and I want to ask to see if its true or what. When something goes on clearance and its marked down and down, when the last digit is 4 thats the lowest its going to get. He now walks around the permieter and points out things with 4 at the end and says salvage soon for you. HA HA. Anyone know about this or is this something new. One of the people who work at Target Corp told him his. Hmmmmm????

Not true at all. It will usually end in an 8 or a 4. If you are wondering if it's going to go down more, look in the top right corner and it will say either 15, 30, 50, 75, sometimes 90. If it's seasonal the lowest it will go is 90. Most other items will be the lowest when it has a 75. Hope that helps.

I love this thread!!! I have learned so much!

I took prior advice and started noticing 'out of place' stuff. I found a really nice Hampton Forge Santoku knife set just laying on the shelf while all the others were hanging up nicely. I noticed there was no shelf tag for this particular set ... so I scanned it.... $1.48!!! YUP!!! Can't beat that with as stick!

Got a pair of Moon Shoes that I would have normally overlooked because the red clearance tag was $20.98... they scanned $7.48!!!

Scored one of those remote controlled SUVS that play the MP3 players through the speakers... for $14.98... I think it was originally either $79.99 or $99.99.

Got one of those remote control copter toys for $4.xx.

Boys sweatpants for $1.98 each

Christmas CD for $.99

Hmm... you are 75% correct ;) it is pure math i guess.

Most of the products are marked xx.99 , so when it is

% off - Price

50% - xx.48

75% - xx.24

so, anything that ends with 4, you can say, they are 75% off and may be salvaged if not sold, unless it goes 90%, but the better bet is to look for the discount % on top of the red sticker.

A little heads up on the juiceboxes.. I scanned one with my PDA the other day and it shows that they belong in Food Avenue (meaning Food Ave. sells them individually there). This explains why not everyone is finding them at their stores and why people keep seeing more on the shelves everytime they go to the store.

Two, in case anyone's interested in TV on DVD movies.. This Sunday's ad contains quite a few on sale for $17.99 (here's a couple.. 24 Season 1, Rescue Me Seasons 1 and 2, Weeds Season 1, Arrested Development Seasons 1, 2, and 3). Maybe now's a good time to buy them so you can get a price adjustment when the sale starts. I guarantee you they'll sell out quickly at that price.

A little heads up on the juiceboxes.. I scanned one with my PDA the other day and it shows that they belong in Food Avenue (meaning Food Ave. sells them individually there). This explains why not everyone is finding them at their stores and why people keep seeing more on the shelves everytime they go to the store.

Two, in case anyone's interested in TV on DVD movies.. This Sunday's ad contains quite a few on sale for $17.99 (here's a couple.. 24 Season 1, Rescue Me Seasons 1 and 2, Weeds Season 1, Arrested Development Seasons 1, 2, and 3). Maybe now's a good time to buy them so you can get a price adjustment when the sale starts. I guarantee you they'll sell out quickly at that price.

any other seasons of 24 going on sale? :fluffy:

Back to my Target last night (SW VA). Found the following:

ilamps in the box (not the loose ones) rang at 75% off = $7.50. Thanks to PPs as these weren't marked correctly in my store

Rival big roaster rang up at 75% = $7.50 This was on an endcap with no price stickers. It also had shrink wrap around the whole box with manuf. info, like it had literally just come off the truck!

Home basics nut roaster pan 75% off = $6.25 Didn't get this, but could be a neat gift for someone who enjoys that kind of thing. Also had the nut glazes marked down to $1.xx. Many of these were left.

Stalking the toy aisle finally paid off!

Picked up:

Barbie B book laptop, the one a couple of you have been talking about finally got marked down from $45ish to $11ish

Beach fun Blaine from $5ish to $1.24

And then 12 dancing princesses carriage $8ish

I love this thread!!! I have learned so much!

Got one of those remote control copter toys for $4.xx.

Did you find these on the clearence shelf?

Yes, it was with the other clearance toys... It is an Air Hogs R/C Vectron Phazer, item #20007772

Here is a picture of one on EBAY: http://cgi.ebay.com/AIR-HOGS-R-C-VECTRON-PHAZER-NIB-10-EASY-TO-FLY_W0QQitemZ160073628517QQihZ006QQcategoryZ2563QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I needed snow boots for my kids but because we havent had snow yet, I just put it off.. I am always a procrastinator and wait til the first snow or the night before our first snow. (NEVER this late here in CT though!). Boots are 75% off now! So I got my kids their winter snow boots for 4.XX each! I did buy up a size since its so late in the year that they will probably only use them 3 or 4 times... this way they have them for next winter! Glad I waited on this!

honestly, you guys ROCK !

I have saved more money at Target, using these tips. I rarely go to WM, anymore.

Plus, I love target return policy, if you can't find receipt, but have the cardu pd with, they can look it up, so you can do the return for price paid ...

I don't get the bit about salvage ?? is that lower than % off ..

If anyone finds an Barbie laptop or the dancing carriage (Walmart has them but still wants $21)at Target I will gladly pay Paypal including a finders fee I would GREATLY appreciate it. I live 90 minutes away from target I was lucky and was at 1 when they went 75% off I got the castle and a couple of dolls now I NEED to get the whole set for my daughter LOL I am also needing a few of the dolls. I now its a long shot but I am watching ebay but dont want to pay full retail or more LOL.

Thanks,

Melanie

My 75% off deals today...

Roll Up Piano

Harry Potter Scene It DVD Game

Another Harry & The Dinosaur Playset

My First Leap Pad Bus

Several Scented Candles

Ilamp

Boys Hanes Sweats

Archer Farms Holiday Cake Mixes [Finally 75% off. Anyone tried the Chocolate Macaroon?]

What kinds of juice are they? Different flavors or what?

The juices that I have found are the minute maid 10 packs. They are the apple juice, grape juice and fruit punch. The orange juice rings up at regular price if you find any ask if they have more in the back they will bring more out for you. Hope this helps.:)