A Good Day at Gap

Guest koby

I bought an awesome coat today at the Gap. Finally a gift for myself-lol. Anyway it's off white

(there were other colors), about 3/4 length, with a fur hood. Drum roll please.............$128.00 reduced to $30 with no tax in PA. If anyone is interested the tag # is 413116-01-1

My kids awarded me the Deal of the Day!

The mall is called Park City(off 30E) , 10 min. west of Lancaster. Maybe you should call your local store and see if it's available. Another # on the tag is 31888 00003. Good Luck.

If you go to the website and look in the sale area it's called the patch pocket military, but lists for $49.99. Much better looking in person and the off white is definitely the better color. Also, this coat is more for the mom set. My 18yr old said she wouldn't be caught dead in it!

Could someone that's an expert, please explain to me why online and offline differs in price so often. I find it to be very annoying. I don;t buy online much(hate shipping) and I am a touchy feely person.

Thank you savaladez

My mom came over today(age 83 and spirited) and loved my new coat. She wanted one. Called cust service but they wouldn't budge on the $49.99 price plus shipping. Suggested calling stores in area, so I did. Everybody sold out in her size except Columbia, MD. Spoke with a great guy, said UPS would be there on Tue., charged over phone, will deliver to her home AND he waived the flat rate $5.00 shipping. Total was $31.94 and we didn't even have to leave the house. I had no idea that the Gap provided this service. Wonder how many other stores do?

She was happy, happy happy!!!!!

Was at a Gap Outlet on the 29th - had a ton of good deals and almost everything seemed like it was marked down to clearance prices - not just outlet prices.

Might want to check it out - it looks like they're trying to move the winter stuff to get in the warm weather clothes.

Could someone that's an expert, please explain to me why online and offline differs in price so often. I find it to be very annoying. I don;t buy online much(hate shipping) and I am a touchy feely person.

Thank you savaladez

Many times the online store is run by a whole different department (sometimes a different company) and therefore, they have their own markdowns. Also, in retail, many times a store will markdown according to what's selling for them. There are a good amount of companies that give the managers a certain amount that they can "lose" in markdowns and let the managers choose what gets markdown in their store depending on what's selling. If an item is selling better through the online store, it might not get markdowned as quickly as the local store marks it down. Hope that helps!

Great day at Gap-walked in wearing my new coat and the mgr. complimented on how good it looked. Asked about best possible deals and she took me to the hot spots!

tanktop for $4.97(19.50)

white vest with fur collar for dd $19.99(59.50)

capris$4.97(29.50)

Jeans$9.97(59.50)

I was in GapKids today and they had some Great deals on boys (6-18) stuff. Shirts marked to $1.97, others to $3, $4 and $5; some nice thick sweaters too. They had some coats, but I didn't look. Of course my boys wouldn't even consider the possibility of anything today.... They had a good bit of spring stuff out. Of course the girl stuff (and baby) I peeked at was so cute!

If you want one, you should try the stores. Yesterday the mgr said they were down to $19.99 now offline. Good luck. (that is the color I got)