Acer Aspire laptop $199 AR @ Micro Center B&M

RossMAN

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8062/microcenteraceraspirenoug7.gif

You can view the entire Micro Center sales ad here which has other early bird specials.

Acer Aspire 3680-2574

- Intel® Celeron® M Processor 410

- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

- 512MB PC4200 DDR2 RAM

- DVD-ROM / CD-RW

- 14.1" Widescreen XGA Display

$249.99 - $50 MIR = $199.99

Please read the following FAQ before posting:

• Can this be ordered online?

No, this is only be available at your local Micro Center B&M

• Where can I find a list of Micro Center stores?

Store Locator

• When does this sale begin?

The day after Christmas, Tuesday December 26, 2006 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM.

• Do you think there will be a line?

Yes but the lines probably won't be as long as BF since this hasn't received a lot of media attention and Micro Center doesn't have stores nationwide.

• What time should I get in line?

That's up to you and how badly you want this, what if you arrive at 4AM and there's already 40 people in line?

• How many laptops will each store have?

There are only 10 laptops allocated per store.

• Do I have to sign up for AOL, Compuserve, Vonage or any other "offer" to get this deal?

No. The only catch is you should get there early and the $50 mail in rebate, that's it.

• Where can I find the complete specifications?

The closest I could find was this.

Thanks to ActuaryTm for originally posting this in the laptop for under $400 thread :D

Micro Center has 19 locations nationwide

• CA - Santa Clara

• CA - Tustin/Irvine - Construction News

• CO - Denver

• GA - Duluth/Gwinnett

• GA - Marietta

• IL - Chicago

• IL - Westmont

• KS - Overland Park

• MA - Cambridge

• MI - Madison Hts/Troy

• MN - St. Louis Park

• NY - Westbury/Long Island

• OH - Columbus

• OH - Mayfield Heights

• OH - Sharonville

• PA - St. Davids/Radnor

• TX - Houston

• TX - Richardson

• VA - Fairfax

My sister wanted a laptop. I will make the line for her starting at 1:00 am on 12/26 then I will ask her to switch with me at 5:00 am since I have a plane to catch at 7:45 am the same day. Wish me luck.

Assuming 1AM is early enough, your sister is going to be really lucky.

$199 for a brand new laptop is possibly the deal of the year :)

None of those stores here. I wonder if there will be people willing to give up their Christmas and start the line at 6 in the morning the 25th just to get the laptop. Heck they gave up Thanksgiving for a celeron processor, why not Christmas too?

Yeah that's sarcassim, hehe. It just got too crazy this year with people lining up for stuff that wasn't even worth the effort. It looks like a few good deals with this store. The hard drive sale would be well worth getting out early on the 26th for. Nothing would be worth sitting out through Christmas over though.

None of those stores here. I wonder if there will be people willing to give up their Christmas and start the line at 6 in the morning the 25th just to get the laptop. Heck they gave up Thanksgiving for a celeron processor, why not Christmas too?

Yeah that's sarcassim, hehe. It just got too crazy this year with people lining up for stuff that wasn't even worth the effort. It looks like a few good deals with this store. The hard drive sale would be well worth getting out early on the 26th for. Nothing would be worth sitting out through Christmas over though.

$250 laptop, $189 computer, $200 22" monitor, $129 19" monitor, etc...... Yeah, not worth it.:razz: :razz: :razz:

Does this Laptop have wireless access??? All I need another laptop like this for is to go to a coffee shop and surf. If it has wireless access , PLEASE ADVISE???

You might want to check the URL Ross listed below, under the Ethernet section:

• Where can I find the complete specifications?

The closest I could find was this.

Do hope you mean 5:00 am Christmas day, as I imagine there will be quite a line already built up by 5:00 am the day after Christmas at most stores.

Nooo. Do you really think it'll be that busy? Like Black Friday? I've never paid much attention to the sales the day after Christmas -- I'm usually tired of shopping at that point.

The ad says $199 after $200 vonage instant savings.....does this mean we have to buy or have a vonage plan? I really hate waiting in line if i do not have or have to buy a vonage plan

What ad? There is NO mention of Vonage in the posted ad or the link? I'm going at midnight and am not expecting to sign up for anything. And Welcome to GottaDeal!!