Have you bought your Dirty Santa Gift yet? LOL

laffnatu

For anyone who plays "Dirty Santa" game... have you bought your gift yet and what is it? Now I'm not talking about the Secret Santa exchange this website..LOL

We play the dirty santa game every year at work. Hubby usually comes to my Christmas party and plays it also. I think that is his favorite part of the whole thing. :lmao:

Last year he shipped me a camel made out of leather from Iraq for the game. I thought it was perfect for it. LOL. There were actually a few people fighting over it.

This year I have a stuffed camel whose red eyes blink on and off while playing an Arabic song. I swear I think this thing is saying, " bubba old smack." :sidesplit

Hubby bought 2 of them but I may keep one instead of playing the game with both. I can't wait to see how they react at work. LOL.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/laffnatu/camel-1.jpg

what is dirty santa

We all buy a $5 gift but we don't write who it is from. We draw numbers and the person with #1 picks out a gift. Then #2 can either take the gift from #1 or they can pick another gift. This continues until there isn't any gifts left unopened.

Each gift can change hands 3 times. After the 3rd time, the person who has it gets to keep it.

We started playing it at work to help kill some time after our gift exchange at work before we head out for our Christmas dinner.

The way we play it is like this:

Instead of buying a gift we take things from our homes that we don't want, don't need, don't use, etc.

We wrap it up all beautiful and then we draw numbers. The great part is that the last person to draw can take anybody's gift.

I have gotten some crazy things though and end up pitching it out and some things I still use this very day.

I wear a size 6 shoe and one year ended up with a pair of size 10.5 women's pink furry slippers...HAHAHA

It is really funny watching DH's grandmother and great aunt play..these women are avid church go'ers and everythime they play you would not believe the things that "SLIP" out of their mouth:eek: ..Especially when you take their gift from them..HAHAHAHA :smirk:

We all buy a $5 gift but we don't write who it is from. We draw numbers and the person with #1 picks out a gift. Then #2 can either take the gift from #1 or they can pick another gift. This continues until there isn't any gifts left unopened.

Each gift can change hands 3 times. After the 3rd time, the person who has it gets to keep it.

We started playing it at work to help kill some time after our gift exchange at work before we head out for our Christmas dinner.

I remember doing this one year in grade school. It was fun. :)

this is such a FUN game! we play at my moms every year there are 10 adults, this yr my mom is saying no gift cards because my sister, her dh and ds's all brought gc's last year, thats the easy way out and not much fun...it's more fun if it's all gifts....since this is a family dirty santa our limit is $25-30

as to what I am doing this yr....I am making a kitchen basket with measuring cups and spoons,pot holders,kitchen towels,a wisk,a mixer,wooden spoons,some magnets for the fridge stuff like that... as a filler to hold everything in place I am stuffing the basket with clipped coupons(lets see if they notice) ;)

since we have to have 2 dirty santa gifts the dh and I have discussed options for the 2nd gift...things we considered mp3 player,craftsman tools,maid service,salon services and a nights stay in a hotel....not sure what we will do for the second one...but everyone always tries to out-do the other while staying within the budget in our family...my moms house is by far the best time of the holiday season! I LOVE this game!

We played something similar at my last job. The company bought about 40 gifts (about $10 each). Wrapped them and put them on a table.

Took turns rolling dice. If I remember correctly, if you roll a double, you got to take a gift from the table, roll a 7 or 11 put the gift back (if you had one). Once all of the gifts are gone from the table you start taking from one another. Keep in mind these are all wrapped, so you have no idea what you're getting until the end of the game. Very funny to watch people fighting over something they have no idea what it is. One year one of the most fought over was a solid 10 lb chocolate Candy bar.

We played something similar at my last job. The company bought about 40 gifts (about $10 each). Wrapped them and put them on a table.

Took turns rolling dice. If I remember correctly, if you roll a double, you got to take a gift from the table, roll a 7 or 11 put the gift back (if you had one). Once all of the gifts are gone from the table you start taking from one another. Keep in mind these are all wrapped, so you have no idea what you're getting until the end of the game. Very funny to watch people fighting over something they have no idea what it is. One year one of the most fought over was a solid 10 lb chocolate Candy bar.

LOL

I remember when we did it in grade school, someone brought in this huge box wrapped. We thought wow there must be something good in the box & big. WRONG! I dont remember what the item was but it could have fit in a box 2 sizes smaller then the one it was in. The person who got it thought they was getting this big gift. LOL They was dissapointed some after they opened the box.

LOL

I remember when we did it in grade school, someone brought in this huge box wrapped. We thought wow there must be something good in the box & big. WRONG! I dont remember what the item was but it could have fit in a box 2 sizes smaller then the one it was in. The person who got it thought they was getting this big gift. LOL They was dissapointed some after they opened the box.

Hubby wrapped a 2X4 with a $5 bill attached to it once. While we were working, he dropped off the package. Everyone who came into the break room before we played the game wondered what in the world it was. It was so funny watching everyone.:sidesplit

You should have seen the look on their faces when it was opened. :sidesplit Someone did end up leaving with it though. She said she could have used it at her house. LOL

Hubby wrapped a 2X4 with a $5 bill attached to it once. While we were working, he dropped off the package. Everyone who came into the break room before we played the game wondered what in the world it was. It was so funny watching everyone.:sidesplit

You should have seen the look on their faces when it was opened. :sidesplit Someone did end up leaving with it though. She said she could have used it at her house. LOL

LMAO too funny...

I've played this before (we called it White Elephant). We do something similar where I work now - but the gifts are better.

Last year my co-worker hid $20 in a cheap toilet bowl brush container then wrapped it up nicely. The look on the face of the person that opened it was hilarious - and it got stolen 3x when people saw the cash.

We played that at my work--and my dh plays it as his. We don't refer to it as Dirty Santa though--It's more like a White Elephant thing here.

We've played the White Elephant Bingo at family reunions. It's a ton of fun! I remember one year I wrapped one of those foot massagers that had like a sheepskin cover and vibrated and you slipped both feet into it. No-one could figure out what it was but they all fought over it. We had a blast but I've never heard of it called Dirty Santa.ROFL

We had a blast but I've never heard of it called Dirty Santa.ROFL

I've never heard it called White Elephant until this thread.

We have to have our Christmas party at work on Dec. 7th. Hubby has to work but he's actually taking a few hours from work so he can come to my job and play the game. :lmao: But he called it White Elephant the other day too.

I like the toilet brush idea. I may have to do that next year. :lmao: