TKO against Walmart in the 10th round.

kramer13

:cheesy: Went to Walmart today to pricematch a 1 GB SanDisk SD card that OfficeMax had on sale for $12.99. Of course the sales clerk wouldn't do it for me without the ok of a manager. After a 15 min wait the CSM shows up. He says no. We don't match BLITZ items. He points to the ad and shows me where OfficeMax opened up at 5:00 am. He went on to tell me that this is the busiest sales day of the year. I told him I wanted to see it in writing where they don't price match on black friday. He told me that information is in corporate headquaters. Then they tried to sale me a different brand memory card that they had on sale for a similar price. I said NO! I want the SanDisk. So they got a higher up manager. She asked the clerk what the price difference was between the walmart and officemax SanDisk. When she saw it was close to a $30 difference she just laughed and said no way. So after arguing with her she said she would go in the back and talk to the head manasger. Then she laughed and said they probably would say no. After about 5min she came back and said I could have one and only one at the sale price. She told me they were going to bend the rules this time. So as I was leaving I gave my OfficeMax ad to two girls who were buyin the 1 GIG SanDisk SD card. I explained to them that walmart has a policy of pricematching other stores. Wish I could have seen the WalMart managers eyes. Again!!!:eek:

Last year on BF they pricematched a wireless router for me. They had to discount it $40 and didn't even blink about it. Just had the CSM come over and override it so it would allow the discount. It wasn't until I got it home that I realized I got the wrong router. Instead of getting the one that was 49.99, I got the 79.99 router with speedbooster. I was in such a hurry to get out of there with my laptop I didn't think anything about the large discount. At the end of the day (after my nap) I got to looking at all the stuff we got and realized my (and their) mistake. LOL

They discount a $40 game for me. GameStop had it for me. No question asked. Just looked at the ad and did it. Never had a price matching problem there (at Walmart)

I can only speak for myself. I had to fight for over 30 min to get them to price match for me. I would have walked away but we really needed the SD card since I lost the old one. I'll think twice about doing any more business with WalMart.

And Yes! I've had problems price matching with them before.

:mad:

Way to stick it to the man! There's no real reason why they'd price match other items and not that SD card for you. Probably just caught the higher-ups in a bad mood on the worst day of the year. I would've suggested taking the ad and leaving to go to a different WalMart to get it price matched over there.

Way to stick it to the man! There's no real reason why they'd price match other items and not that SD card for you. Probably just caught the higher-ups in a bad mood on the worst day of the year. I would've suggested taking the ad and leaving to go to a different WalMart to get it price matched over there.

The next one is around 2hrs away.

Anyway I have an SD card again. Now I can take pictures of our new baby again.:)

We price matched Target, Circut City, Best Buy, Staples and Gamestop ads at Wal-mart on BF and had no problems at all.

WalMart Corporate Office would not look very well at the managers in the Post. They should be fired as price matching IS Wal-Mart's Policy.

Didn't Walmart have a 1 Gb scandisk card for $12.87??

No, they had an Impact SD card for $13.87. I've read that Circuit city had a Sandisk 1gb for 2.99, and Office Max had the same Sandisk for 12.99. I tried to pricematch the sandisk one at my Walmart(nearest Circuit city is 400 miles away) but..the Walmart I went too doesn't carry the 1gb Sandisk.

me and a friend were at walmart to pick up one toy they had for 10 bucks. my friend had the ad with her to make sure we got the correct toy and when we went up to the cashier she asked if we were doing a price match because she saw the ad. we said no, but then the toy rang up at the wrong price so she changed it right away with no problem.