2 Hours To Checkout

TitansFan

My brother-in-law went with me at 4:30 am to our local CC. We arrived at 4:40am and there were about 250-300 people in front of us. Another 150 or so were behind us at 5:00am when the doors opening. We went in a got what we came for. Total shopping time was about 20 minutes. We got in line to check out. We were probably 25 feet or so from the guy at the register. It took us 2 hours to travel 25 feet in the checkout line! I've never seen some much receipt paper in my life! All of those rebates! WOW! :eyepoppin

CC is the WORSE place to be on BF...this is normal for them. If they would learn a few things

1) Get people who know how to check out

2) Fix the credit card system for them

3) Skip the stupid rebates and save a tree and time for everyone

I have no idea why I go there but they have good deals...but of course I go for DVD's and all of them are there the next day.

I don't understand why CC is so bad at checkout.. I've noticed the systems they use are a little outdated compared to BB and others, but they still should be quick.. It seems alot of times the workers are also really bad at using the register..

Maybe if the older stores didn't have such a horrible Register layout? Having them placed randomly throughout the store in my opinion is a BAD idea. It clogs up the entire store on busy days...

One thing I learned from this year: Go to CC at opening and just get any doorbusters plus any other stuff that you know is going to be gone within an hour or two. Then get the hell out of there, fast. Go back in the early evening (say 6 PM) and the place is empty. I picked up all of the cheap non-doorbuster DVD's, FAR software, FAR calculator, the Uniden 5.8GHz phones, etc. that evening with NO waiting to checkout.

One thing I learned from this year: Go to CC at opening and just get any doorbusters plus any other stuff that you know is going to be gone within an hour or two. Then get the hell out of there, fast. Go back in the early evening (say 6 PM) and the place is empty. I picked up all of the cheap non-doorbuster DVD's, FAR software, FAR calculator, the Uniden 5.8GHz phones, etc. that evening with NO waiting to checkout.

Yep. That's my strategy. Get out. Be one of the first 15-20 people in the door, make a beeline to what you need. Keep it to the 1-3 hot items. I had two this year - Sony 40" LCD and Compaq laptop. Don't screw with DVDs & CDs that save $5. Go for the big $$ items. Be out the door in 15-20 minutes or you'll be there for hours.

Don