Wal-Mart claims they didn't do well.

J_Man

Absolutely correct in my opinion.. All of this keeps getting said over and over on these websites, as well as on cable news shows, but the people down in Arkansas just don't seem to understand what they're doing wrong this year.. I guess they just don't care enough to actually listen...

You're RIGHT!!! Wal-Mart has gotten so big they don't have to care what people think anymore!!!! They have practically taken over in some smaller towns and put any competition out of business.

I was so mad about the web site deal, I went to bed and got up a few hours later and did my shopping elsewhere. Bye-bye Wal-Mart

I just got back from walmart and there is still TONS of stuff! OMGOSH - the amount of PJ's they have is CRAZY!!!! They have SO much stuff left... I saw EVERYTHING there that I had ordered on-line :mad:

We do not have a Circuit City or Best Buy... I'm sure it must have been the whole getting rid of layaway thing that really hurt them here!!!

~ Erin (SAHM to 3 cuties ages 3 and under)!

Mine STILL has stuff today. The PJ's this year SUCK. I'm bummed. I bought a pair last year and live in the fleece pants on weekends they have a great elastic band and are so comfy. This years and cotton not much stretch and a pull cord waist no elastic. I'm so disapointed :(

The 24-hour WM that I went to only seemed to do well on the electronics stuff - especially the $49 DVD player and the cheap 20" tv. And that is because the nearest BB is an hour away, and the people that came into WM around 4am or so had come back from BB or CC because of lines. CC is in the same town, and I ended up at WM because I had cruised CC around 12:45am and decided the line was way too long. My sister went to another WM (not 24hr) about an hour away, and at 4 am there were 8 people outside the door and maybe an extra car or 2. This WM is across the street from CC and the line there was around 3 sides of the building.

It was awful. Will never ever go there again - this is the 2nd year that this WM has screwed up, and this was supposed to be better organized than last year. They tried to make up lines for each item in order to better control things, but the last 30 minutes saw that idea shot to hell as people crowded in and the managers disappeared. Last year there was at least a printed "directory" so you could organize your family, but this year they decided to change things around and not for the better. You had to ask were things were and the answers were not always the same. If this is how most of the WMs worked, then I can understand why their sales tanked - well, that and the fact that their other specials stunk.

They only had 7 of the 52" tvs, and those were "spoken for" by 1:45 am, about 45 minutes after I got there. There was a near riot about 2:30am when someone not in the original line tried to bully their way in. They only had 15 of the 32" LCDs (I counted) and I was first in line for that. Those went quickly too. The DVD players were the worst - less than a palletful and a very very long line. The first lady in line for that was pushed into the stack and ended up injured. People who wanted the mp3 player as well as a TV were s-o-l as those were in 2 different areas of the store.

I hope the managers send in reports and that WM pays attention. Of course, they probably think people didn't care that BB and CC had laptops and WM didn't.

WELL, I guess for my mom the good news is that she finally figured out today what she wanted to get my brothers 2 girls. She went to walmart and got them the dora tv/dvd combo that they had on BF (still had like 30 left she said) and she got them the vsmile for $30! LOL! She said there is still tons and tons of stuff. The aisles are all completely packed! I have no idea what they will do with everything... I'm sure most will not sell until there's a bigger discount!

Strangely... usually from Black Friday to Christmas ANYTIME you go to walmart there are a lot of people. My mom said she pulled in and got a spot really close to the front - nobody really there.

~ Erin

I went grocery shopping at wm today and it was unbelieveable the amount of BF stuff they had left! They still had lots of printers, at least 20 LCD tvs, 2 whole palates of thomas train sets, lots of cabbage patch dolls and little people playsets, pajamas, kids levi jeans, a whole shelf of v-smiles, the only things I didn't see was the idogs or brats dolls. I could have stayed home and slept and still gotten everything on my list. I've never seen so much stuff left over before!

The WMs around here didnt do crap you could go in yesterday that I know of and find about 90% of the sale stuff still in the stores......I wish I hadn't gotten up so early on Friday now cause I could have gotten up at normal time to get the few things that I went in after. I haven't seen wm full at all this weekend

My Walmart still had a bunch of stuff on Saturday. Makes me wonder why I got up at 4 am. I almost didn't go the WM this year. The only reason I did is so they would PM & I love the rush. Next year if I'm not impressed with their ad, I won't give in to my temptation and will be heading elsewhere.

Layaway affected some sales but the expense that goes into layaway will be tons of $$ saved. IMHO they do not make enough off the layaway sales to break even with all the costs of running it.

You people have no idea how much of a pain layaway is and how much the storage of all the merchandise costs the stores.

Our Walmart is a 24hr super center, and I got there at 4:15am on BF. The parking lot was less full than it is during the day! I rarely go to WM during the day because I hate having to search for a parking spot. I fully expected to have to park in the overflow lot. Even when I came out a little after 5, there were still spots in the regular lot.

Layaway affected some sales but the expense that goes into layaway will be tons of $$ saved. IMHO they do not make enough off the layaway sales to break even with all the costs of running it.

You people have no idea how much of a pain layaway is and how much the storage of all the merchandise costs the stores.

I'm more prone to this line of thinking. I don't think that layaway makes or breaks a stores profits, despite what folks would say. I'm sure there's numbers one way or the other, I just don't have the time to look for them.